Default Hellboy and B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth digital sale

Fantastic Member

Does Dark Horse offer DRM-free pdf copies of their digital comics?

No, they don't.

I bought all the 99 cent digital issues available that I didn't already own.

Fantastic Member

A bit irrelevant but whose artist's is the above picture?

That's Jo Chen, from the first issue of The Dead Remembered.

Fantastic Member

Thanks! 10ch

Amazing Member

as well as some collections and novels dropped to just $2.99

Hellboy-The-First-20-Years
    Screw on Head
    Hellboy in Hell

and 7 of the novels
    Hellboy-Lost-Army
    Bones of the Giants
    Emerald Hell
    All Seeing Eye
    Fire Wolves
    Ice Wolves
    Odder Jobs

All-New Member

SO I am a little torn. I want to switch my collection to digital, but I have War on Frogs the entire series in TPB and comics, and most of Hell on Earth. I can't bring myself to buy it all digital, but would LOVE to. Anybody have this conundrum?

Fantastic Member

I have a similar problem. Due to lack of space I want to go full digital. I have the first 3 omnibi of Plague of Frogs, I will get the final one and after that I willl probably go digital, but I'm not sure yet, because Dark Horse does not offer DRM-Free copies.

All-New Member

DRM free will probably never happen. just don't see it happening, and definitely not retrospective on past purchases as well.

Fantastic Member

That was my opinion too, but since Comixology started offering some titles DRM Free, I think it's possible for everyone. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    I have a similar problem. Due to lack of space I want to go full digital. I have the first 3 omnibi of Plague of Frogs, I will get the final one and after that I willl probably go digital, but I'm not sure yet, because Dark Horse does not offer DRM-Free copies.
    i have all of the hc's, trades, and omnibuses (paper form) of hb, abe, baltimore, etc through mid 2014... i am also current on all of these books digitally. i think the key of switching from paper to digital is patience. it took me a couple of years to get the digital versions of all the mignola stuff. just buy the new digitals as they come out, and wait for the really good sales as they come available. it shouldn't take more than a year or two to have all of the back issues... and pay only $.99 each for them (remember, the entire store is always half-off on cyber monday).

drm is a big concern for me as well... especially in light of the recent star wars move. I realize that star wars is a different animal than the mignola properties, but the fact remains that we don't actually own these books. I have sent multiple emails to dark horse digital asking about drm-free and their answer is always the same "it's not in our plans". i expressed that it wasn't exactly fair to be able to pick up some of their titles drm-free via the humble bundles, but not on their own site. it's a definite negative when it comes to buying their digital books.

i was very, very grateful that valiant decided to go drm-free... i can enjoy them on the best digital platform out there (comixology) AND i own them. i know there are a lot of people who would disagree, but i would love to see dh go drm-free on comixology... even though i have already invested hundreds of dollars in the dh store.

All-New Member

Sadly, I am of the DRM free group. I need to have more control. I know Mignola and his books are completely loyal to Dark Horse, but yes, you never know there as well.