Fantastic Member

Default How would Ironman do protecting Central City?

If Flash died tomorrow and Ironman was all that was left to protect Central City from Flash's enemies, how well would he do?
    Ironman can use any resources at his disposal as long as they do not alter how the city functions. For example, Ironman could set up secret spy-cams, but if they are discovered he must remove them.
    Last edited by Daenarys Stormborn; 05-11-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    If Flash died tomorrow and Ironman was all that was left to protect Central City from Flash's enemies, how well would he do?
    Ironman can use any resources at his disposal as long as they do not alter how the city functions. For example, Ironman could set up secret spy-cams, but if they are discovered he must remove them.
    Against most Flash villains, he'd die laughing:

"OK, Iron Man, I'm your nightmare, I'm... Captain Boomerang!"

Stark: "BWAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAA!"

CB: "Hmmmm...are you crying?"

Stark: "YOU... gave significant... troubles to... a guy who stomps... the Avengers... and the JLA together in 3 nanoseconds? BWAAAHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAA. Just... just give me a second."

CB: "Take that!" *launches boomerang*

Stark: *as boomerang bounces ineffectually off armor* "Really?"

CB: "Um, yes?"

Stark: *shakes head and fires repulsor blast* "I guess we all have some total tools as rogues, but seriously? These douches? Against Wally West? It boggles the mind. Consider my mind boggled. Now, where's a cop to drop this loser off? Or maybe a meter maid. Then schwarma."

You can simply change the name and change the ineffectual attack for each of the rogues.

Incredible Member

Your own words: Most Flash villains. What if he's fighting Professor Zoom or Dr. Alchemy?

Or even worse, if he fights Zoom.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

And that was precisely why I said "Most."

To be fair, though, in an open-ended scenario without PIS, he'd prep for the guys he can't just take out. No guarantees, mind you, but there isn't really any reason why he couldn't come up with something with prep. It's only PIS that stops people like Richards, Stark, et. al. from having plans inside of plans to deal with people they can't just slaughter.

In the case of Zoom, I'm not sure the guy would even bother with IM without speed-related stuff.

Yeah, Zoom has no reason to bother with Stark. Actually, his new arch-enemy would probably be Grodd. Grodd is, like The Mandarin, a combo of mad scientist and barbarian warlord. So he'd be the most natural rival for Stark amongst Flash's rogues-gallery.

Tony wouldn't have trouble with a lot of the rogues. The ones he would have trouble with would be Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Abra Kadabra and the various speedforce related villians.

Fantastic Member

Many of the rogues have a way to kill Ironman. Likewise, I'd wager many of the rogues would have time to use their abilities if Ironamn isn't taking them seriously. Worst still, the core "weak rogues" have a tendency to band their resources together while being well aware they might be intercepted. The death of Flash won't be a small event, and the new protector called Ironman won't be well received. I'd imagine Flash's death causes the more 'evil' bad guys to come crawling out of the wood work to claim Central City as their own. Grodd is probably the first...Ironman won't be laughing when he finds himself turned into a Gorilla.

Mirror Master, Grodd, The Top, Captain Cold, Pied Piper, Abra Kadabra, Doctor Alchemy, Weather Wizard, Shade, maybe even Brother Grimm if he's really lucky, and any speed-star ( of which there are many) are all serious threats to Ironman. Stark will need some serious prepping if he expects to live through the week.

And at one point Boomerang had super-speed...so I wouldn't write him off so quickly.
    Last edited by Daenarys Stormborn; 05-12-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Forgot to note, nuGrodd has the speedforce.