Question Reasons for the board wipe? (I read into it but I still don't get it)

Hello,
    Now first of all I'm in no means an authority to speak on behalf of anyone except myself of course. I haven't been to the forums for quite a while and my old account became rather inactive. Now, a couple of days ago I decided to take a look again to see what the grand-grand-grand children of my favorite threads have been up to... well I don't need to say more.

The thread title says it already, and believe me I have searched for an answer but couldn't find one.
    What made Jonah dish out such a severe collective punishment? I mean I know the reason, but how can you justify wiping an entire forum just like that to weed out the undesirables? I get that he's the owner and all, but I'd really like to get a more in-depth answer. All those insanely helpful threads, those countless bastions of knowledge - they'll soon be gone forever. And for what? To punish a select few? I just don't get it.

Please note that I am not trying to attack anyone or paint a bad picture of Jonah and/or the forums. I'm honestly just baffled and a bit sad. I hope that my desire for discussion will be honored and that others (and especially the owner of CBR) will chime in and contribute - of course there's probably not gonna be that much of a talk going on in this thread, but please don't just dismiss it out of hand and close the thread. At least allow me to respond.

This has all been asked and answered before. Jonah's announcement goes over the reasoning rather well.
    Thread closed.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules