Default New Comic book reader

I'm new with the whole comic book thing.. I'm a DC fanboy and I'm thinking about reading the new 52 comics, so do they tie into any other comics, or would I be okay jumping right in?

You don't need to have read anything that came out before the Nu52 started, if that's what you're asking.

Also, welcome to comics, and to CBR!

Welcome to comics!

Like Spike-X said, you don't need to have read anything prior to the new 52. However, you should keep an eye on crossovers and events. For better or worse, DC (and Marvel) have this habit of crossing stories into different books, so that whatever happens in X book might have repercussions in Y book. Sometimes you won't need to read X to understand Y, but it's not always that way. If you want to read, say, Green Lantern, you'll have to buy the other series in the Green Lantern franchise. If you want to avoid that kind of crossovers, jut ask here about them.

Welcome to comics.
    I am sure you will have a lot of new things to enjoy.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Welcome to the boards.

No you don't need to read any older material to enjoy the New52. That was one of the points of it - to attract newer readers. You'll be fine. Enjoy.

A few recommended titles - Justice League, Batman, Action Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman....