Page 57 of 211 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Wednesday is approaching, and that means that a new Detective Comics issue is coming out.

For an arc that's supposed to be about Cass, she was barely in the last issue. I haven't been a fan so far of how Tynion writes Cass, and I'm really hoping that in 'Tec #952, we don't just see Cass get panel time. I want to see him show off other aspects of Cass's character besides "Fighter" and "likes ballet."

I only started reading this book because Tim, Steph, and Cass were in it. The first two are gone. If Tynion can't improve on his writing of Cass IN HER OWN STORY, I'm probably gonna drop the book.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'll read anything with Cass in it.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons06 View Post
    Cassandra is really 15 ?
    I thought she was around 18 or 17.
    I remember Tynion saying in an interview that he estimates her as 14. Which is great, because otherwise I wouldn't accept her being so smol(though cute as she is). Her end game height better be her original 5'5"!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    I remember Tynion saying in an interview that he estimates her as 14. Which is great, because otherwise I wouldn't accept her being so smol(though cute as she is). Her end game height better be her original 5'5"!
    Yeah, tiny Cass is adorbs, but Pre-Flashpoint Cass was a healthy 5'5" 19, possibly 20, year old woman.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Wednesday is approaching, and that means that a new Detective Comics issue is coming out.

For an arc that's supposed to be about Cass, she was barely in the last issue. I haven't been a fan so far of how Tynion writes Cass, and I'm really hoping that in 'Tec #952, we don't just see Cass get panel time. I want to see him show off other aspects of Cass's character besides "Fighter" and "likes ballet."

I only started reading this book because Tim, Steph, and Cass were in it. The first two are gone. If Tynion can't improve on his writing of Cass IN HER OWN STORY, I'm probably gonna drop the book.

Cass shows a lot of her original traits. Her empathy, kindness, maybe some curiosity/shyness, terse badassery, self doubt...the only issue I'd have is her lacking some of the roughness that she originally had. NuCass is very empathetic and open. Pre-flashpoint Cass was more aloof yet empathetic. She comes as an enigma before unraveling her feelings with each panel, but this one is more open from the getgo. Feels more mild, or toned down in both personality and fighting skills. OG Cass had her own temper and stubbornness to her. Maybe it's because this Cass is younger, 14 as opposed to 16...but I think that having a temper/wild stubbornness was also an interesting part of her. It's what drove her to do a lot of the reckless things that she did, and it adds a further dimension to her person and decisions.
    Last edited by Zainu; 03-04-2017 at 03:35 PM.

From #955, most likely:

Screenshot_20170304-191601.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    From #955, most likely:

Screenshot_20170304-191601.jpg
    "sigh" Just more of Cass being badass instead of any of what made her amazing as a character. Not hyped.

I feel like fans demand so much from a character that barely speaks. Her last appearance wasn't intriguing enough? I feel like her association with ballet speaks ten fold for her personal development. I think it's a beautiful aspect about her, and gives a lot to her persona if you read between the lines.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thefiresky View Post
    I feel like fans demand so much from a character that barely speaks. Her last appearance wasn't intriguing enough? I feel like her association with ballet speaks ten fold for her personal development. I think it's a beautiful aspect about her, and gives a lot to her persona if you read between the lines.
    Just curious, don't mean this in a condescending way, but have you read Cass's solo book?

Cass's fascination with ballet was a genius idea on Tynion's part, probably my favorite idea of his in general, and it's a nice call back to her team-up with Azrael back in the day. However, there is SO MUCH to Cass's character that Tynion is ignoring, and that's why I'm frustrated.

Just curious, don't mean this in a condescending way, but have you read Cass's solo book?

Cass's fascination with ballet was a genius idea on Tynion's part, probably my favorite idea of his in general, and it's a nice call back to her team-up with Azrael back in the day. However, there is SO MUCH to Cass's character that Tynion is ignoring, and that's why I'm frustrated.
    Yes i have. It's great, but people forget this isn't a Cass solo book. I think Tynion has done an amazing job balancing panel time for each character. Not only has he put them "on screen" but he's also had the ability to give character depth to each within the 26 or so pages EACH RELEASE. It's impressive, and I think fans overlook that. Everyone wants MORE MORE MORE! But in truth, I think for a team book the balancing is optimal. And let's be reasonable, this isn't the MOST in depth look we will get to see from her. There's a plethora of issues left lol.
    Pulling:

BANNED

Yes i have. It's great, but people forget this isn't a Cass solo book. I think Tynion has done an amazing job balancing panel time for each character. Not only has he put them "on screen" but he's also had the ability to give character depth to each within the 26 or so pages EACH RELEASE. It's impressive, and I think fans overlook that. Everyone wants MORE MORE MORE! But in truth, I think for a team book the balancing is optimal. And let's be reasonable, this isn't the MOST in depth look we will get to see from her. There's a plethora of issues left lol.
    I think the Colony arc had him balancing everyone pretty well, and Cass was written okay there. Night of the Monster Men should have been a gold mine for showing off Cass and Steph in their scenes together, but instead they were bland and generic. And the Victim Syndicate arc was just too rushed for anyone but Steph (the protag) to do anything. I will admit that her moments will Clayface were nice though.

There ARE more issues in this arc, yes, but I doubt she'll be getting much to do in the following arcs. Tynion has said he wants to leave each of these characters in a place where they could get their own book. If Cass, Steph, Tim, and the rest of the 'Tec crew DO end up even just getting minis because of this, I will be eternally grateful to Tynion. Until that happens though, we're left with a mediocre team book where, like with all teams he's on, everyone is overshadowed in panel time by Batman.

I think the Colony arc had him balancing everyone pretty well, and Cass was written okay there. Night of the Monster Men should have been a gold mine for showing off Cass and Steph in their scenes together, but instead they were bland and generic. And the Victim Syndicate arc was just too rushed for anyone but Steph (the protag) to do anything. I will admit that her moments will Clayface were nice though.

There ARE more issues in this arc, yes, but I doubt she'll be getting much to do in the following arcs. Tynion has said he wants to leave each of these characters in a place where they could get their own book. If Cass, Steph, Tim, and the rest of the 'Tec crew DO end up even just getting minis because of this, I will be eternally grateful to Tynion. Until that happens though, we're left with a mediocre team book where, like with all teams he's on, everyone is overshadowed in panel time by Batman.
    I feel like you didn't exactly read what I was saying. Your response seems like you still want 'tec to be a solo book for everyone, which it isnt. Also Night of the Monster Men was hot dog#$/^ all around. I try to forget it existed... lol and also, I didn't mean more issues "in this arc" I meant more issues in this run. Cassandra will have her own time and arc for sure. Trust. But until then people have to look at the longevity of this book and how it fashions each character. Just give Tynion time. He can't portray everything in one issue, or one arc, or one year. Just ride with it.
    Last edited by thefiresky; 03-04-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    Pulling:

BANNED

I feel like you didn't exactly read what I was saying. Your response seems like you still want 'tec to be a solo book for everyone, which it isnt. Also Night of the Monster Men was hot dog#$/^ all around. I try to forget it existed... lol and also, I didn't mean more issues "in this arc" I meant more issues in this run. Cassandra will have her own time and arc for sure. Trust. But until then people have to look at the longevity of this book and how it fashions each character. Just give Tynion time. He can't portray everything in one issue, or one arc, or one year. Just ride with it.
    Sorry if that's how it came off. I did read what you said, I know this can't be a solo book for everyone. But to me, the best team books are the ones that give the whole team SOMETHING to do in every issue. Honestly, I'd say the best example of how to balance a team book is Keith Giffen's Justice League International.

Yeah, Night of the Monster Men was pretty terrible.

Maybe she'll be doing stuff in future arcs down the line, but unless Tynion brings back the Azrael Cass friendship, I doubt she'll be doing much in the upcoming Azrael/Batwing arc. And since she's the only one I'm reading the book for since Tim and Steph left, you can't blame me for being disappointed.

Sorry if that's how it came off. I did read what you said, I know this can't be a solo book for everyone. But to me, the best team books are the ones that give the whole team SOMETHING to do in every issue. Honestly, I'd say the best example of how to balance a team book is Keith Giffen's Justice League International.

Yeah, Night of the Monster Men was pretty terrible.

Maybe she'll be doing stuff in future arcs down the line, but unless Tynion brings back the Azrael Cass friendship, I doubt she'll be doing much in the upcoming Azrael/Batwing arc. And since she's the only one I'm reading the book for since Tim and Steph left, you can't blame me for being disappointed.
    Fair enough. Trust me, the disappointment is strong with me too. I picked up 'tec for Tim... needless to say, my life has been incomplete.
    Pulling:

BANNED

Fair enough. Trust me, the disappointment is strong with me too. I picked up 'tec for Tim... needless to say, my life has been incomplete.
    Oh, that's rough man. At least we can hope that Tim will be playing a major role in the fight against Dr. Manhattan, and that once all of this is over with, we can get a Red Robin solo title or a new Young Justice. Both preferably with Tim in the Pre-Flashpoint Red Robin suit.

Oh, that's rough man. At least we can hope that Tim will be playing a major role in the fight against Dr. Manhattan, and that once all of this is over with, we can get a Red Robin solo title or a new Young Justice. Both preferably with Tim in the Pre-Flashpoint Red Robin suit.
    Bro, if we got another Red Robin title, I'd lose my shit. That'd be awesome. Young Justice would be tight too. I'm wondering wtf will happen when Tim's back cuz Damian is running with TT now, so I doubt Tim would be interested in crossing back over there. I just feel like DC won't do a RR book because of fan's "lack of interest" in Tim, which is really just Tim being out of the picture for so long. I hate DC sometimes. Sorry wrong thread - but anyway I'm also hoping to see a sweet Cass arc in the near future.
    Pulling: