Page 170 of 211 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 3162
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    Hum...thats intriguing, and now im actually worried...what happened on Batman annual #2 regarding Cass?...and when did Tom King said that?
    In a podcast https://www.hipcast.com/podcast/H1y8Jb.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That reminds me. I saw a potential explanation that is almost definitely better than what the answer is actually going to be:

"My personal headcanon for why Cass isn’t there in the future Bruce death scene is that he had specifically talked to her beforehand about how he didn’t want her to watch him die, since with her reading body language he didn’t want to hurt her with his last “words.” She fought, of course. He ultimately sent her on a mission elsewhere to keep her busy when he knew the end was near. She was furious. Wouldn’t talk to those who helped him for months."

Bloody brilliant.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Thanks!

I'm really lazy; got a timestamp?

What I recall was something to the effect that “there's a reason why Cass isn't at the Wake”; not “there's a reason why Cass isn't appearing in any future BatFamiles”. Those are two very different things.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I'm really lazy; got a timestamp?

What I recall was something to the effect that “there's a reason why Cass isn't at the Wake”; not “there's a reason why Cass isn't appearing in any future BatFamiles”. Those are two very different things.
    I linked the wrong one. Here's the right one: https://www.hipcast.com/podcast/H6yvTDWN0

Timestamp is about 41 minutes.

The exact quote is: "Cassandra is missing for a reason."
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

…the context being a discussion of the Batman Annual #2 scene. So yeah; it's not “Cass isn't going to be in future Battery Family stuff”; it's “Cass isn't going to attend Bruce's funeral”. Which, while surprising, doesn't necessarily have the same ominous overtones.
    Rogue wears rouge.

…the context being a discussion of the Batman Annual #2 scene. So yeah; it's not “Cass isn't going to be in future Battery Family stuff”; it's “Cass isn't going to attend Bruce's funeral”. Which, while surprising, doesn't necessarily have the same ominous overtones.
    I don't think that's even the case. Cass isn't at Bruce's deathbed - we have no idea who's at the funeral.

BANNED

It sort of does considering she hasn't been referenced in Beyond (unless you count there having been multiple Batgirls, which I don't since she hasn't been Batgirl in the current continuity) and we haven't heard where she is in the Tomorrow timeline (I know she was killed by Duella in the original, but that's clearly not what we're working with anymore), which didn't make any sense considering the whole conflict there was caused by Tim feeling the need to become Batman, when he wouldn't have needed to if Cass were around.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    It sort of does considering she hasn't been referenced in Beyond (unless you count there having been multiple Batgirls, which I don't since she hasn't been Batgirl in the current continuity) and we haven't heard where she is in the Tomorrow timeline (I know she was killed by Duella in the original, but that's clearly not what we're working with anymore), which didn't make any sense considering the whole conflict there was caused by Tim feeling the need to become Batman, when he wouldn't have needed to if Cass were around.
    I don't think Beyond is necessarily connected anymore to the main DC continuity, especially since Bat-Tim is NOT the Tim who was Batman Beyond from Future's End, but he's explicitly Tim from the Teen Titans from the pre-Flashpoint continuity.

I still think as long as Tynion is at DC, Cass will be fine. Tynion hasn't, as far as I can remember, killed anyone off, or ever expressed interest in killing people off. Now, if someone way, way up in editorial decides to kill someone off, I don't know if Tynion is quite high enough to buck that, but I don't get the sense that it's coming down the pike. (Cue announcement that Steph is going to die off tomorrow.)

If anyone's going to be killed off, it's going to be Clayface. And if that happens, I can see Cass cutting ties out of anguish.
    Rogue wears rouge.

If anyone's going to be killed off, it's going to be Clayface. And if that happens, I can see Cass cutting ties out of anguish.
    I really don't think Cass will leave Batman, at least. That bond is still really strong.

BANNED

If anyone's going to be killed off, it's going to be Clayface.
    He's most likely dead next issue, yeah. Much as I wish it could be nearly anyone else kicking the bucket...

And if that happens, I can see Cass cutting ties out of anguish.
    I agree with Miller's post above. Cass is still very close with Bruce and in fact this event will likely be the catalyst for them growing closer. The only one she'll be cutting ties with it Kate, which, hey, works great for me on that end.

That said, my stance hasn't changed. I'm trying to be optimistic like Blight, but if they do send her off or try any of the other methods they've tried before to get rid of her? I'm dropping every DC book I'm reading and picking up some extra Marvel titles.

He's most likely dead next issue, yeah. Much as I wish it could be nearly anyone else kicking the bucket...

I agree with Miller's post above. Cass is still very close with Bruce and in fact this event will likely be the catalyst for them growing closer. The only one she'll be cutting ties with it Kate, which, hey, works great for me on that end.

That said, my stance hasn't changed. I'm trying to be optimistic like Blight, but if they do send her off or try any of the other methods they've tried before to get rid of her? I'm dropping every DC book I'm reading and picking up some extra Marvel titles.
    You wouldn't be the only one. I'd probably drop every DC Comic save Superman (and that even looks to end if Jurgens is leaving the comic) and Green Arrow. Marvel already is tempting me with Exiles and Domino. But I digress, I think he'll keep her to the very end of his run (whenever that would be). If he wouldn't then why invest better characterization than everyone else? Take the blue ring. All will be well Assam. All will be well!
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    You wouldn't be the only one. I'd probably drop every DC Comic save Superman (and that even looks to end if Jurgens is leaving the comic) and Green Arrow.
    I might keep reading New Super-Man, but I'd more than likely turn to trade waiting. Other than that the only issues I might pick up would be the returns of characters I love.

Marvel already is tempting me with Exiles and Domino.
    Planning on trying both of those. X-Men Red also looks really good to me.

But I digress, I think he'll keep her to the very end of his run (whenever that would be).
    I do think you're right there. Tynion's probably going to get his wish and write till #1000, which is actually only a little over a year away thanks to double shipping. Will definitely be interesting to see where everyone ends up once the run is over.

If he wouldn't then why invest better characterization than everyone else?
    I'm not sure Tynion realizes that Tim and Kate aren't the characters everyone loves in this book.

Take the blue ring. All will be well Assam. All will be well!
    In fearful day, in raging night...

I'm not sure Tynion realizes that Tim and Kate aren't the characters everyone loves in this book.
    Heh, speak for yourself.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)