Page 205 of 211 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3162
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    The 984 cover was revealed

Attachment 66893

Still in an unchanged Orphan suit, although her shoulder pads are now as big as her head, but I'm still holding out hope that by the end of this year, be it here or in Batgirl, this costume and name will finally die.
    Niiiice! I hope that the reference to Cass's series is super awesome!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The 984 cover was revealed

Attachment 66893

Still in an unchanged Orphan suit, although her shoulder pads are now as big as her head, but I'm still holding out hope that by the end of this year, be it here or in Batgirl, this costume and name will finally die.
    Yeah, I'm really hoping we see the entire Orphan identity, the name and the costume, done away with in the near future.

BANNED

http://gailsimone.tumblr.com/post/17...orite-batgirls

Always nice to see Gail's love for Cass, but that aside, has anyone else noticed that a decent amount of people seem to think that she (and Dixon) wrote full runs for Cass? It's weird. Not sure if there are more of them or more people who,almost three years later, still haven't heard that Cass is back in the DCU.

Always nice to see Gail's love for Cass, but that aside, has anyone else noticed that a decent amount of people seem to think that she (and Dixon) wrote full runs for Cass? It's weird. Not sure if there are more of them or more people who,almost three years later, still haven't heard that Cass is back in the DCU.
    I never thought that she wrote a Cass run, but I remembered reading about her efforts to get Cass into Birds of Prey.

Dixon though did write full runs of Cassandra though. He wrote the fill-ins to her original ongoing (the first Steph team-up, the "Legion of Doom" arc that had Connor Hawke team up with Cass, Steph, and Tim) and wrote her in Batman & the Outsiders. So I can get that with Dixon. Simone? Just did a few odd issues.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    Dixon though did write full runs of Cassandra though. He wrote the fill-ins to her original ongoing (the first Steph team-up, the "Legion of Doom" arc that had Connor Hawke team up with Cass, Steph, and Tim) and wrote her in Batman & the Outsiders. So I can get that with Dixon. Simone? Just did a few odd issues.
    I don't count fill-ins as a run and I have a hard time imagining it's the BatO run people are referring to when they praise Dixon in this regard, but fair enough. Simone is definitely the weirder one to refer to as she only wrote Cass twice in BoP and has freely admitted she done goofed on how she wrote her because of the poor choice of material DC gave her to research her at the time.

I don't count fill-ins as a run and I have a hard time imagining it's the BatO run people are referring to when they praise Dixon in this regard, but fair enough. Simone is definitely the weirder one to refer to as she only wrote Cass twice in BoP and has freely admitted she done goofed on how she wrote her because of the poor choice of material DC gave her to research her at the time.
    Exactly on Simone. It's ironic she considered herself at a time the worst writer to handle Cassandra. That kind of ranking sure changed.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

Exactly on Simone. It's ironic she considered herself at a time the worst writer to handle Cassandra. That kind of ranking sure changed.
    Yeeeeeeeeeah.

Although I forgot that Simone also wrote her in the Future's End one-shot and did a pretty good job there. Even if my favorite thing from that isn't related to Cass's characterization, but rather the meta-interpretation of Babs' message to her.

Also, speaking of rankings, now that his run is done, where would you rank Tynion as a Cass writer? Looking at the run as a whole and her arc throughout, he definitely told the best Cass-story since her solo book and for a younger re-interpretation, RebirthCass ended up being a great character, but I'm pretty sure he didn't beat out Horrocks or Gabrych for me (No one's ever gonna top Puckett) Maybe he beats out Higgens/Snyder just because he got to spend so much more time writing her.

Yeeeeeeeeeah.

Although I forgot that Simone also wrote her in the Future's End one-shot and did a pretty good job there. Even if my favorite thing from that isn't related to Cass's characterization, but rather the meta-interpretation of Babs' message to her.

Also, speaking of rankings, now that his run is done, where would you rank Tynion as a Cass writer? Looking at the run as a whole and her arc throughout, he definitely told the best Cass-story since her solo book and for a younger re-interpretation, RebirthCass ended up being a great character, but I'm pretty sure he didn't beat out Horrocks or Gabrych for me (No one's ever gonna top Puckett) Maybe he beats out Higgens/Snyder just because he got to spend so much more time writing her.
    Good point on the Future's End one-shot. I actually enjoyed it enough to buy the script from Gail when she was at a convention. I'd put him above Gabrych for me (he did have some problems in the later half of his run, so did Horrocks, but he still told a good story. Gabrych's always felt rushed plus Zero was a bad love interest). Basically, I'd rank Tynion like #4 on Cassandra writers with Puckett being #1, #2 Horrocks. #3 Dixon. Ironcally for me he knocked off Joe Kelly down a peg.

BANNED

I'd put him above Gabrych for me (he did have some problems in the later half of his run, so did Horrocks, but he still told a good story. Gabrych's always felt rushed plus Zero was a bad love interest).
    Hmmm. I also prefer Horrocks overall. Like you said, he told a good story (with a brilliant finale) despite the weak beginning and once his story was told, he managed to tell a couple more great short stories before the editorial mandates and War Games came down to ruin the end of his run and drive him away from the Big 2. While I'm very much not a fan of the second half of Gabrych's run (and he can't fully be blamed for it) I love the first half, including the voice he gave Cass and direction he took her in. Plus, while Zero may be trash, the awesomeness of Brenda makes up for him.

Basically, I'd rank Tynion like #4 on Cassandra writers with Puckett being #1, #2 Horrocks. #3 Dixon. Ironcally for me he knocked off Joe Kelly down a peg.
    Dixon's fill-ins were great (Never seen a bad word about #20 and I like the Connor/Tim/Steph team-up more than most), but while his Outsiders run had some good ideas, I wasn't too much of a fan of the execution. Plus...the orange juice scene.

Kelly's time with her was just weird. From a fantastic Superboy team-up to the highly problematic Justice League Elite (I still like it, but...dang are there a lot of problems) and the EvilCass issue speaks for itself.

Surprised you'd put Higgens/Snyder at (at best) #6. Maybe I'm just won over by the fact that they gave classic Cass a happy ending and my reading of her in the book being that after everything she went through in her own book and all the bulls**t since, this was a Cass who'd reached the next stage of her development, as while Black Bat may not have been treated like an upgrade, she definitely underwent the graduation maturation.

Astonishing Member

Question:

Do you want a return of Cass's original black on black Batgirl costume?

I remember that the only color on it was the yellow utility belt and the yellow outline of the black bat insignia. Do you feel that is a good look for today?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Question:

Do you want a return of Cass's original black on black Batgirl costume?

I remember that the only color on it was the yellow utility belt and the yellow outline of the black bat insignia. Do you feel that is a good look for today?
    No. However, I freely admit that I'm not a typical Cass fan. I think a lot of Cass fans want it back. Possibly because it was so beautifully drawn by Marcus To, Trevor McCarthy, and Dustin Nguyen, legitimately some of my favorite artists, I really like her Black Bat costume (except for the weird bandages on the wrists).

I think if you had the black bodysuit and the yellow outlined bat, it would be pretty cool. But I would like to see more of Cass's face.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'd take her old Batgirl look or the Black Bat costume over the Orphan design.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but anything with a cape .

I’d love to see a new codename and design for Cassandra.
    Orphan is so so for me and I never liked Black Bat (or the costume for it).
    Bianfu is Chinese for bat, wonder if that could work?

My dream is the rumored “Batgirls” team, with Barbara, Cassandra and Stephanie all sharing the role....I would DIE from excitement.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I’d love to see a new codename and design for Cassandra.
    Orphan is so so for me and I never liked Black Bat (or the costume for it).
    Bianfu is Chinese for bat, wonder if that could work?

My dream is the rumored “Batgirls” team, with Barbara, Cassandra and Stephanie all sharing the role....I would DIE from excitement.
    DC won't do it but I would love to see Babs go back to being Oracle, Cass as Batgirl and give Steph a cool new codename and costume.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor