Page 209 of 211 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3162

I get the feeling Barbara will have a role in it. Think of it this way. if they adapt anything from the early comics, Babs didn't meet Dinah face to face till like in the twenties of the original series. What if the movie has that sort of spin on that? That every time the gals are on the ropes a mysterious being known (who even lured Harley into helping out Cassandra) helps them. This being name is Oracle and at the end of the movie Cassandra stays with her. Cue this leading into the Batgirl movie where you have two.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Don't know, to me it comes a little bit like left out some of the bigger characters (Selina, Ivy, Barbara) so that Harley can be the be the biggest star of the movie.
    Good, be easier for Cass and the rest to overwhelm her

...allow me my delusions.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Good, be easier for Cass and the rest to overwhelm her

...allow me my delusions.
    I know she was too old even when she first got big, but I've always wanted Rinko Kikuchi to play Cass. And she definitely wouldn't be overwhelmed! (Yes, I know the arguments about Cass's race. I still maintain that it's never been made clear where Shiva is from.)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    See, I don't think there's anything in the announcement that indicates Cass was chosen because of her race. I think you hit the nail in the head - Cass is a great character - she has a great place in the DC universe. And her backstory and general tone really fits a lot of the darkness of the DCEU so far, so I think it's kind of a great choice. (And honestly, despite my own preference for Steph, I think Cass fits the style of the DCEU Bat-universe best of the three, and given Joss Whedon's proclivities, I was surprised he didn't spring at her as his main character. But he's clearly making dumb choices recently with his films, so...)

I didn't and don't believe Cass was picked because of her race. I believe she was selected because she is a good character, she fits the tone of the DCEU and following the success of X-23 he sort of character fits market demands.

I don't mind the lack of Selina or Ivy since they've both had time in cinema so I would like to see something fresh. I do however have an issue with the team being called BOP.

I actually like the current DCEU[aside from JL] so I'm hoping they don't go too light. WW was popular but I found it quite generic/bland so hope this new movie is more SS less WW.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I didn't and don't believe Cass was picked because of her race. I believe she was selected because she is a good character, she fits the tone of the DCEU and following the success of X-23 he sort of character fits market demands.

I don't mind the lack of Selina or Ivy since they've both had time in cinema so I would like to see something fresh. I do however have an issue with the team being called BOP.

I actually like the current DCEU[aside from JL] so I'm hoping they don't go too light. WW was popular but I found it quite generic/bland so hope this new movie is more SS less WW.
    Haha, that's kinda funny, since JL is my favorite of the current DCEU (including WW).

You hit on exactly why I'm so excited - we've never seen Cass on screen, and we've only seen a kinda sub-par Helena Bertinelli Huntress on Arrow (though I liked the actress they cast), and a sub-par In Name Only Canary on the Birds of Prey TV show. Most of all, I think Cass and the Birds are things that if they actually get some of the greatness of the Dixon and Simone and Puckett comics on screen, it'll really be something special - fresh!

I just hope they have a better plot structure/intelligence than SS. If that movie had better plotting, the dialogue and acting would have made it a favorite for me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I get Barbara, but why would Selina or Ivy be involved?
    IIRC there had been plans to do a Gotham City Sirens Movie, but they decided to put Harley in Birds of Prey instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    I get the feeling Barbara will have a role in it. Think of it this way. if they adapt anything from the early comics, Babs didn't meet Dinah face to face till like in the twenties of the original series. What if the movie has that sort of spin on that? That every time the gals are on the ropes a mysterious being known (who even lured Harley into helping out Cassandra) helps them. This being name is Oracle and at the end of the movie Cassandra stays with her. Cue this leading into the Batgirl movie where you have two.
    Sounds good. Provides a great hook leading into the Batgirl solo film and also allows for a convenient way to bring Harley and the Birds of Prey together (Barbara having insight into Harley's skill set and psyche back from her Batgirl days).

Incredible Member

Cass on the big screen !!
    Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyeysyesyesyesy esyesyesyeyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesy esyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyeyesyes

Incredible Member

Although we should be just carefully optimistic for now...but if they get her right...oh man...i knew it would happen eventually, but...man, what a joy!

Incredible Member

does anyone have a idea of when well get more info?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    So much for those who say DC hates Cass. Sometimes a company is just waiting for the right project.
    LOL, DC hatred for Cass its so obvious that it hurts...its been obvious since like 2005 and still is...

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    LOL, DC hatred for Cass its so obvious that it hurts...its been obvious since like 2005 and still is...
    I agree that DC clearly had powerful writers and editors who hated Cass from 2005-2015, but I don't think it's clear anymore. Cass's part in Tec is one of the most popular things in Rebirth, I think.

Cassandra Cain by Patrick Zircher.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Cassandra Cain by Patrick Zircher.
    That is really, really pretty. Zirch is having a pretty strong career right now, with his work on the Walmart Batman comic, Silencer, and all the other stuff!

Birds of Prey isn't the only thing coming up... Cass is Batgirl in DC Ink too, with Babs as Oracle. Got to wonder now if they'll go back to the 2000s status quo in the mainline comics too.

Marieke Nijkamp, the #1 New York Times best-selling YA author of This Is Where It Ends, will bring her storytelling to DC’s young adult line of graphic novels—DC Ink—with an original tale about a teenage Oracle, the superhero alter-ego that Barbara Gordon assumes after an encounter with The Joker confines her to a wheelchair. ORACLE: RISING will be joined by another tale about a teenage Batgirl, Cassandra Cain, in SHADOW OF THE BATGIRL, written by acclaimed author Sarah Kuhn, known for her popular Heroine Complex novels.
    https://www.newsarama.com/40919-new-...-line-ups.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman