Page 53 of 211 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    The ones that came out of nowhere also went nowhere wheras Cain was forced upon everyone's backstory. As Aahz mentioned Kirigi, Ducard, Tsuenemoto(however that is spelled) were actually fleshed.
    The only one I ever even heard of is Ducard. I mean, I know about a Kirigi, but he's a Daredevil character.
    Anway, what exactly is wrong about creating a new character?

He created Shiva in the Post Crisis universe.
    He definitely did not.

Um what? he doesn't love Cass at all.
    Oh, you read that Beechen crap, didn't you? It's bad for you and bears no resemblance to canon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    They established quite early that Cain trained Bruce, and used that as explanation that Bruce knew why Cass was like she was.
    Yes, and?
    Cain was always going to be Cass's father. It's why he's in the story and why he gets added to the (very, very long) list of Batman trainers.

Deathstroke is everything Cain wishes he could be.
    A hypocritical, petty creep who's also a rapist and has to mind control his own kids into loyalty?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A hypocritical, petty creep who's also a rapist and has to mind control his own kids into loyalty?
    Yeah Cain wishes he could do that, he's tried it all. Brainwashed kids, rape, murder, you name it.

BANNED

Yeah Cain wishes he could do that, he's tried it all. Brainwashed kids, rape, murder, you name it.
    Rapist too? Since when?
    The rest of it pretty much is part and parcel of the whole League Of Assassins trainer thing.

Anyway, when has Cain ever shown envy of metas?

Yeah, um, no. Just no, dude.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The only one I ever even heard of is Ducard. I mean, I know about a Kirigi, but he's a Daredevil character.
    Anway, what exactly is wrong about creating a new character?

He definitely did not.

Oh, you read that Beechen crap, didn't you? It's bad for you and bears no resemblance to canon.
    I'm sure he's a good guy in real life, but I really hope that he wakes up every morning stepping on a lego.
    And yeah, as shown consistently throughout Cass's original book, in his own twisted way, Cain really does love Cass, and would do anything for her.

You mentioned not knowing about Cain in the New52. Yeah, they screwed him up pretty badly. He barely cared about Cass, if at all, and his loyalty was completely towards a villain named Mother.

Extraordinary Member

Rapist too? Since when?
    Don't know if you could call it rape, but his relation with Shiva and the circumstances of Cass birth seem a little bit wired for me (and who knows how old Shiva was back than ...).

And he apparently abducted lots of kids to train the in a similar way than Cass.

BANNED

Don't know if you could call it rape, but his relation with Shiva and the circumstances of Cass birth seem a little bit wired for me (and who knows how old Shiva was back than ...).

And he apparently abducted lots of kids to train the in a similar way than Cass.
    Cain and Shiva's relationship seemed to be completely consensual.

And he NEVER raped the kids he trained. If anyone even thought about laying a hand on Cass for example, well, Cass could handle herself just fine, but if she couldn't, Cain would murder them in the most painful way imaginable.

BANNED

Well, there's nothing in the books that even vaguely hints at it, so rape probbaly is not the word you're looking for here.

Which most definitely is not rape either.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    This might sound weird but seeing Cass' apartment made me very happy...

... because it reminded me of her messy houses from her Batgirl series

I love that touch too. Though I gotta wonder, what's that cat carrier for? Did she adopt a stray? Ahhh, now I want to see Cass with a kitty

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    I love that touch too. Though I gotta wonder, what's that cat carrier for? Did she adopt a stray? Ahhh, now I want to see Cass with a kitty
    It's no kitty, but there is an adorable fanfiction where Cass, Steph, and Harper adopt a stray dog, and Cass insists on naming it Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    I read a post elsewhere that puts forth the idea that Cass collects these items because she sees other people with them, even though she probably doesn't have any idea what they're actually for. It's a way for her to try to fit in, at least according to the theory.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Well, there's nothing in the books that even vaguely hints at it, so rape probbaly is not the word you're looking for here.

Which most definitely is not rape either.
    Not rape, but really unhealthy. Which usually happens when you murder someone's sister to make them into a suitable mother for your murderchild.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Not rape, but really unhealthy. Which usually happens when you murder someone's sister to make them into a suitable mother for your murderchild.
    Killing her sister did not cause her DNA to change. If she was a suitable mother after than she already was one before. And she wouldn't become Lady Shiva until years later.