Page 175 of 211 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    UPDATE: Assam DM'd me and said that they should be back on the 18th! Hooray!
    In 9 days.. Finally..

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    It's just so weird when reading Green Arrow and see the EXACT same story element happen almost the same way. Just that the prior person the EVIL elderly woman mortally wounded before wasn't the parental figure. It was the actual kid. Though honestly there was a lot of least good things baout Batman & Robin Eternal. That was just one blimp on the radar.
    Well, I'm one of the only people you'll find who will defend Batman and Robin Eternal (that I know of). I still think there's lots of good things about it. Lots of bad, too, to be fair, but it was fun.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

By Bella Rachlin:

Screenshot_20180209-120933.jpg
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by caivu View Post
    wow.. Amazing work.

Well, I'm one of the only people you'll find who will defend Batman and Robin Eternal (that I know of). I still think there's lots of good things about it. Lots of bad, too, to be fair, but it was fun.

Nah. I enjoyed the comic up until #14. Then the comic lost me. Then got me again when Stephanie, and Cullen showed back up again with Midnighter. But the art during the final battle just lost me. Azrael/Dick got better art treatment than Mother vs. the Robins or Mother vs. Cass.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Nah. I enjoyed the comic up until #14. Then the comic lost me. Then got me again when Stephanie, and Cullen showed back up again with Midnighter. But the art during the final battle just lost me. Azrael/Dick got better art treatment than Mother vs. the Robins or Mother vs. Cass.
    I think that's a good summary of the high and low points of the story. I also liked the battle at Spyral (because it was basically some extra stories from Grayson ). The Mother fight was stupid in concept and poorly executed (too many artists, not all of them any good).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I think that's a good summary of the high and low points of the story. I also liked the battle at Spyral (because it was basically some extra stories from Grayson ). The Mother fight was stupid in concept and poorly executed (too many artists, not all of them any good).
    That's the problem with being a long term fan of Cass. You're used to fights drawn by Damion Scott, Ale Garza, Rich Leonardi, and Pop Mhan. They knew how to convey a fight scene quite well. Marcio Takara knew this trick too. Why his opening in #13 is just awing to gaze at. The artist who was used just couldn't compare to that kind of emotion. But it's a rare trick that some artists pull off well. Sadly, the ones we got for that issue so did not.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

That's the problem with being a long term fan of Cass. You're used to fights drawn by Damion Scott, Ale Garza, Rich Leonardi, and Pop Mhan. They knew how to convey a fight scene quite well. Marcio Takara knew this trick too. Why his opening in #13 is just awing to gaze at. The artist who was used just couldn't compare to that kind of emotion. But it's a rare trick that some artists pull off well. Sadly, the ones we got for that issue so did not.
    I'm still really bitter that we didn't either get a full issue by Carlo Pagulayan or get Tony Daniel to return. Daniel isn't quite as great as Takara, but he started the series, and would have been nice to see him come back. But Scot Eaton is just one of the blobbiest artists DC has working for them now - like Trevor McCarthy in the early 2000s, but without any of McCarthy's kinetic energy.

I'm still really bitter that we didn't either get a full issue by Carlo Pagulayan or get Tony Daniel to return. Daniel isn't quite as great as Takara, but he started the series, and would have been nice to see him come back. But Scot Eaton is just one of the blobbiest artists DC has working for them now - like Trevor McCarthy in the early 2000s, but without any of McCarthy's kinetic energy.
    I knew Daniel wasn't going to be in it for the long run. What we got of him was nice. His Cass improved greatly from when he originally did her in "Titans East" (not counting that other Dr. Light arc since it was Rose posing as Cass).

I knew Daniel wasn't going to be in it for the long run. What we got of him was nice. His Cass improved greatly from when he originally did her in "Titans East" (not counting that other Dr. Light arc since it was Rose posing as Cass).
    I don't know the full demands of schedulling, but I would think that an editor would want to try to make sure that their "lead" artist for a major project was schedulled so they could provide artistic continuity for the beginning and end of a series. Maybe the snowball effect and external demands are too great for editors to actually do this, but I was annoyed that Justice League stole both Batman Eternal artists before they could do the last issue of each series.

Daniel, for all that he's not my favorite artist in the Gotham stable, did a fine job, and I do appreciate that he's someone who definitely gets better at his art as time goes on.

Extraordinary Member

her codename should be Aphonia

What a shame that Assam is not here yet... I wanted his opinion about this image(I like Cass glasses):

batgirls.jpg

They are Steph, Barbara and Cass.. Despite that barbara is blonde(less than Steph).. The artist confirmed that in deviantart..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    What a shame that Assam is not here yet... I wanted his opinion about this image(I like Cass glasses):

batgirls.jpg

They are Steph, Barbara and Cass.. Despite that barbara is blonde(less than Steph).. The artist confirmed that in deviantart..
    Oooh, where is that posted? I really like it!

oooh, where is that posted? I really like it!
    deviantart.

BANNED

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

Oh man that was a Hell of a nap.

And now I just got an idea. An idea that must be shown the light!
    Still curious what you meant by this. I figured you were working on fanart or something.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Hmm, I was wondering why I hadn't seen a post by Assam in a while. Wonder what happened now... Figured I'd stop by Cass' thread since she's Assam's favorite lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Aw no what now! With Assam missing in action who will be the one always posting in this thread.
    Hopefully, the suspension ends soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I was wondering the same thing! What happened?
    You know, I was gonna make an "Aww, you care about me?" joke, but honestly, between you guys and people on a couple other threads expressing this sentiment, this was actually pretty good for my self-esteem.

It looks like Asami got another suspension sadly. There was a anti-Duke thread not too long ago. .
    I'll have you know that I am not a fairly decent Avatar character.

Also, the anti-Duke thread had nothing to do with my ban and, in fact, I only settled on a feeling of 'dislike' toward the character over the last month.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    That’s the only reason I stopped by this thread.
    Considering my recommendations seem to treat you pretty well, maybe you should check out the run I view as the best thing DC's ever published. I'm just saying, the whole Puckett run is collected in 3 very nice trades and will almost certainly make you a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Today is Cass's birthday!
    Hooray! (But is it really? A little Bruce Wayne, Fugitive joke.)
    Happy birthday cassandra cain.
    Glad some of you remembered

The good news. Cass is in a new Batman tabletop game that'll be up on Kickstarter late in February:
    I was debating over getting the game after seeing this, but I've decided against it. LOVE that Cass is included at all obviously, but between the high price point, the fact that I'd rarely get to play the game and the box art actively disgusting me, reminding me of all the BatFam art which excludes her, making me not even want it on my shelf, it's a pass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'll just say that, with 'Tec's sales, I don't see DC replacing Tynion anytime soon.
    I don't believe the rumor either. And I can only hope we're right.

batgirls.jpg
    Seen it before and I like it! Also, still not a guy.