Page 144 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3162
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I finished League of Shadows yesterday and am disappointed. Really like the characters it features but not the plots they find themselves in. Colony ruined Kate's dad, Victim Syndicate peed on Bruce's rep (again), League of Shadows... well, why are all the League and Shiva tales one and the same? The art in Tec is really nice, though. Tec has that X-Men vibe for me and could be titled Outsiders or Batfamily Eternal for all I care.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I like him too, again, primarily for the bromance. Definitely more than Duke and Harper as well. And a good number of other notable Bats But much like how I really like what's been done with JPV here, it still remains that not much has been done for either on a large scale.
    I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I think that being part of a team, and having distinct things they do - Jean Paul with his complicated and nuanced approach to faith as well as his bombastic "KNOW THAT MEN CALL YOU DEFILER!", Luke with his company, tech, good-nature, Iron-Bat suit, and Rookie (I'm really excited about him having Rookie, let me tell you) - it does a lot for me as a fan of them. PLUS, Luke's sister is confirmed back in the world, instead of the horrible injury they saddled her with in his solo, so Tam Fox is available for stories again!

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I finished League of Shadows yesterday and am disappointed. Really like the characters it features but not the plots they find themselves in. Colony ruined Kate's dad, Victim Syndicate peed on Bruce's rep (again), League of Shadows... well, why are all the League and Shiva tales one and the same? The art in Tec is really nice, though. Tec has that X-Men vibe for me and could be titled Outsiders or Batfamily Eternal for all I care.
    How about Gotham Knights?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I think that being part of a team, and having distinct things they do - Jean Paul with his complicated and nuanced approach to faith as well as his bombastic "KNOW THAT MEN CALL YOU DEFILER!", Luke with his company, tech, good-nature, Iron-Bat suit, and Rookie (I'm really excited about him having Rookie, let me tell you) - it does a lot for me as a fan of them. PLUS, Luke's sister is confirmed back in the world, instead of the horrible injury they saddled her with in his solo, so Tam Fox is available for stories again!
    Again, I like this too. This book was my first real exposure to Luke and its made me like the guy. I just don't think this has happened for most people based on what I've seen. I could of course be wrong. And yeah, I'd be happy to see more of Tiff and Tam.

Also, you and a lot of others really like Rookie. Was he that great in Superheavy?

Again, I like this too. This book was my first real exposure to Luke and its made me like the guy. I just don't think this has happened for most people based on what I've seen. I could of course be wrong. And yeah, I'd be happy to see more of Tiff and Tam.

Also, you and a lot of others really like Rookie. Was he that great in Superheavy?
    Tiff, eh, I really don't like her. She was the weakest point in the Future's End thing - like, why is Babs putting someone out in the field like that, especially if Cass never lets her do anything? And she didn't do much for me in Luke's solo, either. Whereas Tam, in Red Robin, has a lot of character.

I really like Superheavy. I thought Jim as Batman was a really fun concept. And Rookie was a really great companion to Jim in that series, so seeing him show up in Tec was like "Oh, that's what happened to him." And Tynion wrote him so well! Plus, it's the kind of continuity attention to detail that I think enriches comics or any longform serial story - longtime readers have a much enriched experience.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by shadowsgirl View Post

wow, awesome..

king batman needs her again..

Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    wow, awesome..
    Those who haven't read her solo don't even realize how true this is.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    king batman needs her again..
    I'm honestly kind of terrified of what King might do with Cass if he was told/ decided to use her.

What I'm definitely not terrified of though is more Takara Cass!

takara cass again.jpg

EDIT: Ninja'd by Caivu

I'm honestly kind of terrified of what King might do with Cass if he was told/ decided to use her.

What I'm definitely not terrified of though is more Takara Cass!
    King won't, almost certain, based on his response when I asked him to use Steph.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    King won't, almost certain, based on his response when I asked him to use Steph.
    This is a rare case where (Unless, the wedding DOES take place and Cass isn't even included there) I'm okay with that. Is it bloody annoying that he'll use all the other kids, even Duke, but not her? Yes. But at the same time, after what he's done to Holly, how he made Jason into comic relief based on a twitter post, and how he's a writer who sees himself as more important than the characters, and I'm almost glad.

This is a rare case where (Unless, the wedding DOES take place and Cass isn't even included there) I'm okay with that. Is it bloody annoying that he'll use all the other kids, even Duke, but not her? Yes. But at the same time, after what he's done to Holly, how he made Jason into comic relief based on a twitter post, and how he's a writer who sees himself as more important than the characters, and I'm almost glad.
    Eh, that's just generally Jason's role in family get-togethers at this point, and I think that was established well before King .

Where you get the sense that he's a writer who sees himself as more important then the characters?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Awesome art.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Eh, that's just generally Jason's role in family get-togethers at this point, and I think that was established well before King .
    Yes, but that doesn't make it right. (And the twitter reference was just overkill.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where you get the sense that he's a writer who sees himself as more important then the characters?
    I have only ever read two books from King where he had total (at least as far as below an editorial level goes) creative control: Vision and Batman. In both of these books, he has completely disregarded the established continuity of minor characters to suit his own needs. Vision was mostly fantastic but his treatment of Victor was just a big middle finger to Runaways fans. And while I don't think his Batman is great at all, its his throwing of Holly under the bus that really pisses me off; wouldn't be surprised if she meets the same fate as Victor. (His Riddler is awful too, but he's been a mess for years) And now I've been hearing that Scott Free is suicidal??? No judgement on that front yet because I haven't read the book, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Scott ends up dead or basically unusable at the end of his series. That's my problem. He treats these characters as if they're creator owned characters and he can do whatever he wants with them, leaving others (like Rowell for Victor currently) to fix AND put the toys away after he's broken and eventually finished playing with them.
    Last edited by Assam; 10-29-2017 at 06:34 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Erick5 View Post
    Awesome art.
    Hey there! Welcome to the forum!

[QUOTE][*He treats these characters as if they're creator owned characters and he can do whatever he wants with them, leaving others (like Rowell for Victor currently) to fix AND put the toys away after he's broken and eventually finished playing with them./QUOTE]
    So... he is the new Geoff Johns or Brian Michael Bendis of this decade