Page 101 of 211 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3162
    BANNED

Is it weird that I have the occasional dream (like last night) where Cass either is made Batgirl again or has her time as Batgirl restored?

No, no it isn't weird. Just a look at what reality should look like.

Semi-related note, but for some reason the dream reminded me of the poll which was going on when I came to the forum about which Batgirl had the best look. For some reason I voted for Steph as I recall, and I can only blame the meds I was on.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Is it weird that I have the occasional dream (like last night) where Cass either is made Batgirl again or has her time as Batgirl restored?

No, no it isn't weird. Just a look at what reality should look like.

Semi-related note, but for some reason the dream reminded me of the poll which was going on when I came to the forum about which Batgirl had the best look. For some reason I voted for Steph as I recall, and I can only blame the meds I was on.
    That last thing is weird.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That last thing is weird.
    Hey, Steph's look is still great and better than any suit Babs has ever worn. But the way Scott drew the suit (And in particular, the expressiveness of her mask) takes the cake for me.

Hey, Steph's look is still great and better than any suit Babs has ever worn. But the way Scott drew the suit (And in particular, the expressiveness of her mask) takes the cake for me.
    Totally fair. I'm just amused.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Cassandra Cain is my favorite Batgirl, i read her whole series a year ago, althought not all the issue were top quality and there were many misses oportunities, the main characther always keep me going back no matter what .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Cassandra Cain is my favorite Batgirl, i read her whole series a year ago, althought not all the issue were top quality and there were many misses oportunities, the main characther always keep me going back no matter what .
    Sounds about right. I'll read anything that has a properly written Cass, regardless of the quality of every other aspect in the book.

That said, it's sort of funny how easy it is to describe the quality of each of the runs of Cass's solo. Puckett's run is nearly perfect (Fight me Miller ), Horrocks' run starts bad and ends worse, but the middle portion is fantastic, with a few issues reaching Puckett quality, and Gabrych's run is basically split down the middle; the first half in Bludhaven is gold, while the final arc of the book ranges from okay to bad.

Sounds about right. I'll read anything that has a properly written Cass, regardless of the quality of every other aspect in the book.

That said, it's sort of funny how easy it is to describe the quality of each of the runs of Cass's solo. Puckett's run is nearly perfect (Fight me Miller ), Horrocks' run starts bad and ends worse, but the middle portion is fantastic, with a few issues reaching Puckett quality, and Gabrych's run is basically split down the middle; the first half in Bludhaven is gold, while the final arc of the book ranges from okay to bad.
    Why do I have to fight you? I just don't prefer it.

BANNED

Why do I have to fight you? I just don't prefer it.
    Wait, I knew you had your issues with Puckett's run, but your prefer one of the others? Which?

Also, have you read any of Puckett's other work, either Batman Adventures or Green Arrow? Cause spoilers for the latter, the man is 2 for 2 on creating legacy characters I f**king love. (Even if like most characters, Connor isn't in Cass's league)

Wait, I knew you had your issues with Puckett's run, but your prefer one of the others? Which?

Also, have you read any of Puckett's other work, either Batman Adventures or Green Arrow? Cause spoilers for the latter, the man is 2 for 2 on creating legacy characters I f**king love. (Even if like most characters, Connor isn't in Cass's league)
    I prefer Dixon writing the title, at least a couple of his issues. Not the silly crossover with the Roman villains, though. (And by "prefer," I really meant that Steph is my fave Batgirl, not that I have any specific beef with Puckett as a writer - other than Batgirl #27, which we've gone through before.)

I don't read much Green Arrow (except for Dinah), but I've read a couple Batman Adventures, and it's fine. The whole Batman The Animated Series thing wasn't something I grew up with, so I have no nostalgia for it, and it doesn't work super well for me as an adult.

There's an interview with the Benson sisters in this mega-recap of SDCC, and at around 47:30 one of them says "Cassandra fans will be happy in the next arc" of Birds of Prey.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

I prefer Dixon writing the title, at least a couple of his issues. Not the silly crossover with the Roman villains, though. (And by "prefer," I really meant that Steph is my fave Batgirl, not that I have any specific beef with Puckett as a writer - other than Batgirl #27, which we've gone through before.)
    You know what I recently realized about that silly Roman villain crossover? Despite the many, many instances of the three working together in pairs or alongside others, before Rebirth and Rise of the Batmen, it was pretty much the only time we ever saw Cass, Steph and Tim actively working together in the field.

I don't read much Green Arrow (except for Dinah), but I've read a couple Batman Adventures, and it's fine. The whole Batman The Animated Series thing wasn't something I grew up with, so I have no nostalgia for it, and it doesn't work super well for me as an adult.
    Yeah, B:TAS isn't something I grew up with either and I don't fully understand the appeal honestly. The comics were pretty good though, if nothing special.

Green Arrow is yet another case where I find the 'main' member, Oliver Queen, to be one of the least interesting ( In this case, only moreso than Nu52 additions Diggle and Henry Fyff) And while Connor Hawke isn't my favorite arrow family member either (No one is passing the Harpers anytime soon), he's still among my favorite characters. I know you're a Dixon fan (obviously) and if Oliver is your problem, Connor is almost nothing like him, so you might wanna check out his solo book at some point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    There's an interview with the Benson sisters in this mega-recap of SDCC, and at around 47:30 one of them says "Cassandra fans will be happy in the next arc" of Birds of Prey.
    Screams internally

I don't want to buy it. I really don't want to support BoP. I don't want to support Babsgirl. I don't want to support Gus. I don't want to support the vilification of Oracle fans.

F**k I have no choice in this, do I?

I am happy for heard this..

I found today this image and.. I like this BatCass:
    cass.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

cass.jpg
    Have to take points off for the large bust size, but that aside, I always like when people draw Cass in a more manga/anime like art style (Mostly cause I really like anime and manga)

I'm really excited for Cass. I'm kinda pissed that Steph is off the team, so that the crossovers with BOP and RHO are excluding her. Arg.

You know what I recently realized about that silly Roman villain crossover? Despite the many, many instances of the three working together in pairs or alongside others, before Rebirth and Rise of the Batmen, it was pretty much the only time we ever saw Cass, Steph and Tim actively working together in the field.

Yeah, B:TAS isn't something I grew up with either and I don't fully understand the appeal honestly. The comics were pretty good though, if nothing special.

Green Arrow is yet another case where I find the 'main' member, Oliver Queen, to be one of the least interesting ( In this case, only moreso than Nu52 additions Diggle and Henry Fyff) And while Connor Hawke isn't my favorite arrow family member either (No one is passing the Harpers anytime soon), he's still among my favorite characters. I know you're a Dixon fan (obviously) and if Oliver is your problem, Connor is almost nothing like him, so you might wanna check out his solo book at some point.
    Ooh, interesting! Dixon does love his team-ups (as seen in Bane: Conquest) - I'm really curious if he was ever interested in working on Teen Titans or Young Justice.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't completely enthralled by BTAS.

It's not that Oliver or anyone is really a problem, I just don't find his core concept very interesting, and every time I read it (usually for Dinah because I love the Birds of Prey), I end up kinda underwhelmed. I generally just stay in Gotham. Cause I'm boring.

Screams internally

I don't want to buy it. I really don't want to support BoP. I don't want to support Babsgirl. I don't want to support Gus. I don't want to support the vilification of Oracle fans.

F**k I have no choice in this, do I?
    Hehe. If I had to bet, I'd bet that Gus will be gone in the next arc, which is the one which features Cass. I'm very curious to see what happens with her in Birds of Prey - and as a fan of the current run of Birds of Prey, I don't think at all that the Bensons villify the fans of Oracle. I think there are definite weaknesses in the series, but given the mandate of the series (Babs has to be Batgirl), they are doing a solid job of honoring the past.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

cass.jpg
    That is a pretty cute one! I didn't realize it was from a comic - does anyone know which one? Or which artist?