Page 103 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3162
    BANNED

So I got this idea from talking about the upcoming fight in Red Hood and the Outlaws between the 'Tec team and the Outlaws themselves, and now that I've thought of it, I need it to happen:

A Cass and Basil Fastball Special.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    So I got this idea from talking about the upcoming fight in Red Hood and the Outlaws between the 'Tec team and the Outlaws themselves, and now that I've thought of it, I need it to happen:

A Cass and Basil Fastball Special.
    Even better: Cass wearing Clayface as a suit, like what happened in NotMM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

So now with Rebirth, did DC clarify Cassandra's Origin and Skills?

Do we have old Cass back? Or this watered down 52 version where Cass has a fraction of her strengths but all of her difficulties?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    So now with Rebirth, did DC clarify Cassandra's Origin and Skills?

Do we have old Cass back? Or this watered down 52 version where Cass has a fraction of her strengths but all of her difficulties?
    Cass still has her new origin (unfortunately) and we can only hope that someone will change it back down the line.

This is still NuCass, but characterization wise, she's doing fine. We haven't seen every aspect of her old personality (her dry witted sass, her intelligence etc.) but we also haven't gotten anything that completely goes against who she is. Rather the problems with NuCass are: Her horrendous new origin, the lack of her history as Batgirl (Along with the relationships formed then), her costume (Namely the lack of the Bat), her codename (Orphan is terrible) and that she's no longer adopted.

As for fighting abilities, she still isn't as good as she was during her Batgirl days, but she's still very clearly the strongest non-meta Bat, having beaten down 200 high-level ninjas single-handedly, and immediately going on to put the hurt on Shiva.

I'm still waiting for a cape.

Lonely Bat [X]

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Lonely Bat [X]
    Beautiful...

Best friends:

cass steph friends.jpg

Lonely Bat [X]
    Beautiful.... But she is sad, what a shame..

BANNED

MY BABIES.jpg

SQUEES!

Okay, so I hate how white Cass is here, but it's still my favorite and 3rd favorite characters.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

If Cass was just going to be Clayface's stooge and speaking dumb Shakespearean couplets, she'd have been better off in limbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Slope Pixie View Post
    If Cass was just going to be Clayface's stooge and speaking dumb Shakespearean couplets, she'd have been better off in limbo.
    Then it's a good thing she's not just that, isn't it?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I just hope that the connection between Clayface and Cass is not all for naught in the end.

I mean, if Cass was going to start making deep rooted and meaningful connections with people I would have much preferred it be with Batfamily members or even other heroes like supergirl etc. Basil isnt bad here, honestly I'm liking their relationship, HOWEVER, comics are comics and I suspect Clayface will eventually become a villain again whenever the plot or another writer calls for it. I just hope all those moments built up between them aren't wasted when it all eventually has to be thrown away for the sake of character regression. In most cases I would be more confident that the writer is self aware enough to prepare and provide a satisfying departure when the time calls for it, but unfortunately Tynion hasn't proved himself to be very good at tying things together for a satisfying conclusion IMO.

BANNED

I just hope that the connection between Clayface and Cass is not all for naught in the end.

I mean, if Cass was going to start making deep rooted and meaningful connections with people I would have much preferred it be with Batfamily members or even other heroes like supergirl etc. Basil isnt bad here, honestly I'm liking their relationship, HOWEVER, comics are comics and I suspect Clayface will eventually become a villain again whenever the plot or another writer calls for it. I just hope all those moments built up between them aren't wasted when it all eventually has to be thrown away for the sake of character regression. In most cases I would be more confident that the writer is self aware enough to prepare and provide a satisfying departure when the time calls for it, but unfortunately Tynion hasn't proved himself to be very good at tying things together for a satisfying conclusion IMO.
    As I've said before, there really are two optimal solutions.

1) Basil overcomes his condition, loses the codename associating him with Batman's rogues, and remains a full member of the BatFamily.
    2) Basil gets one last moment of awesome as a hero before 'Clayface' overcomes him entirely. From that point on, he'd be primarily a sympathetic villain toward Cass (In a better world, my 'Claymore' pitch from a few pages back would play out, and Cass would eventually find a way to cure Basil, with one of the billion other Clayfaces getting re-introduced so no one is tempted to regress him.)

BANNED

https://whothefuckiscassandracain.tumblr.com/

Thought this was interesting. It's a tumblr account solely dedicated to a person going through all of Cass's appearances in order for the first time and writing about them, only starting off with basic knowledge about Cass and her history. They're still covering NML so it isn't hard to catch up.