Page 12 of 211 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    If they aren't making serious use of Cassandra Cain, it's not because they couldn't possibly revise her origins to be a trifle less shocking -- it's because the policymakers don't want to even make the effort to find a way to make her a profitable asset in today's market!

The sad thing is she could be a VERY profitable asset in today's market. She was in the past when DC gave out good writers and artists who understood the character. She could be "their Iron Fist or Hawkeye" with special issues like a silent issue or showing the world through her eyes and how she see's every fight before her. But nope someone up top just blindly see's a character they don't like and it's losing them money.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Incredible Member

It is sad that she still hasn't been re-introduced. And worst part is that with Carrie Kelly, Stephanie, and Harper Row in the mix now, why does Batman need another girl?

In my mind I think she should come back, and actually be a meta consequence of the NU52. She will become BATMAN after Bruce. How would I plan on bringing her back? About the only way that comes to mind without getting in the way of the other girls is to make her a............BABY. Yep, I said it. Batman finds a 2 year old Cassandra Cain sitting in a pool of blood, her dead parents on either side. As is custom with Bruce in these situations, he adopts her. Big news for Gotham City, "Bruce Wayne adopts baby girl who's parents were murdered."

And that's pretty much it. She would never be a big thing, but she would be...there. He comes home during the night to check out something on the computer, he stops, looks down, and there she is. Smiling like yell. He looks up to see the clock door open, wondering how in the hell she did that? He then puts her in his lap, continues working, she falls asleep.

We see Alfred taking care of a baby. Damien playing with her. Batman feeding her. Bruce reading her a story before bed time. As the Batman stories go on, as the writers, and artist change she will always be the one constant. We will actually see her grow up. The more she grows the more we know that Batman will one day be replaced. She will be Bruces fate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    It is sad that she still hasn't been re-introduced. And worst part is that with Carrie Kelly, Stephanie, and Harper Row in the mix now, why does Batman need another girl?

In my mind I think she should come back, and actually be a meta consequence of the NU52. She will become BATMAN after Bruce. How would I plan on bringing her back? About the only way that comes to mind without getting in the way of the other girls is to make her a............BABY. Yep, I said it. Batman finds a 2 year old Cassandra Cain sitting in a pool of blood, her dead parents on either side. As is custom with Bruce in these situations, he adopts her. Big news for Gotham City, "Bruce Wayne adopts baby girl who's parents were murdered."

And that's pretty much it. She would never be a big thing, but she would be...there. He comes home during the night to check out something on the computer, he stops, looks down, and there she is. Smiling like yell. He looks up to see the clock door open, wondering how in the hell she did that? He then puts her in his lap, continues working, she falls asleep.

We see Alfred taking care of a baby. Damien playing with her. Batman feeding her. Bruce reading her a story before bed time. As the Batman stories go on, as the writers, and artist change she will always be the one constant. We will actually see her grow up. The more she grows the more we know that Batman will one day be replaced. She will be Bruces fate.
    I would like that. The problem is to convince non-Cass fans. I would make her older though, 6-7 perhaps. Right after her first murder. After that she would be raised to be the new Batman. But not a Batman of the old mold. A new one where Robin(or other alias) cover for her weaknesses. Cass would be the fighter, strong justice, a visual way of reconstructing a crime scene and a more empathic Batman. Robin would be the social, fact finding, speaking and so on. I would have Cass being forced to keep her brain rerouted to reach that fighting edge, a price for her skill so to say, thus she will never speak much or be able to understand written/spoken language much. She is weak in all of the tasks that require her brain to use theoretical knowledge and other things that are just constructs of thoughts.

If I remember correctly Daimian Scotts Solo issue had something like this in a alternative future chapter.

It would truly be a Batman for the future. A gender equal version with mixes of ethnicity. So I guess comicfans would never warm up to it We are stuck with our never changing white alpha males.

On a sidenote: Snyder wanted Cass in his first issue of Batman (where his "family" gathers up) but was nixed. That was also the last issue I read of said comic. He later wanted her again but was denied again, so he created Harper to fill that spot. Cudus to snyder for trying, sadly it seems he is up against some strong prejudices inside DC.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Saw a nice column at Comics Alliance yesterday on the strange case of Batgirl Cassandra Cain that I thought I'd share for anyone interested.

http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-...assandra-cain/

I still say another franchise should nab her. DC clearly has absolutely no plans on using her in the Batverse, so why not some other title make a pitch to use her? Put her on Gen13 for example. Its not like characters from one franchise being poached to another is unheard of (used to happen to Superman's supporting cast all the time).

BANNED

I'd like to see Cassandra in Birds of Prey or the Outsiders if she were to be on a team. Gen13 is way too out of left field for Cass. They're all metahumans for one, and DC has done a terrible job trying to integrate Wildstorm into the main DCU. I wouldn't want Cass anywhere near that situation!

she would fit nicely in Teen Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    Saw a nice column at Comics Alliance yesterday on the strange case of Batgirl Cassandra Cain that I thought I'd share for anyone interested.

http://comicsalliance.com/ask-chris-...assandra-cain/
    what the heck is he talking about Cass Cain having the worst name in comics? LOL
    Not once have i thought that.

BANNED

From Bleeding Cool's Toronto Fan Expo report:

“When am I going to see Cassandra Cain, or have I already missed her?” an audience member asked.

“Well you haven’t missed her,” said [Ray] Fawkes. “That’s all I’m gonna say.”

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...l-at-fan-expo/

I'm not sure exactly what he means. "That's all I'm gonna say" could be a hint/tease that there are upcoming, yet-to-be-announced plans for Cassandra. But it could also mean he doesn't want to comment on the behind-the-scenes shenanigans responsible for Cass still remaining benched.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    what the heck is he talking about Cass Cain having the worst name in comics? LOL
    Not once have i thought that.
    Yeah, I'm with you on that. The name was never an issue for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    From Bleeding Cool's Toronto Fan Expo report:

“When am I going to see Cassandra Cain, or have I already missed her?” an audience member asked.

“Well you haven’t missed her,” said [Ray] Fawkes. “That’s all I’m gonna say.”

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/08/...l-at-fan-expo/

I'm not sure exactly what he means. "That's all I'm gonna say" could be a hint/tease that there are upcoming, yet-to-be-announced plans for Cassandra. But it could also mean he doesn't want to comment on the behind-the-scenes shenanigans responsible for Cass still remaining benched.
    That sounds to me like he's implying that we haven't missed her because editorial is dead set against her and won't allow her to appear, but he can't comment about it directly.

Have faith... I am sure they will get to her. People said Stephanie would never appear again and they got a story for her so I imagine the same will be for Cass. I do hope most of her backstory remains though... namely bred to lead the League, adopted by Bruce and so on... if there was ever a Batman Inc, she would be a perfect member of the cast as perhaps Batman's international agent. Maybe some team-up with Luke Fox.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Have faith... I am sure they will get to her. People said Stephanie would never appear again and they got a story for her so I imagine the same will be for Cass.
    Yeah but you're forgetting how DC marginalized Cass even prior to the New 52. During the 5 years between when Cass lost her solo title and the debut of the New 52, she was turned evil, then brainwashed, then relegated to background character, and then finally lost her Batgirl identity and was sent packing out of Gotham City. The Stephanie situation was different.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by catbatfan View Post
    Yeah but you're forgetting how DC marginalized Cass even prior to the New 52. During the 5 years between when Cass lost her solo title and the debut of the New 52, she was turned evil, then brainwashed, then relegated to background character, and then finally lost her Batgirl identity and was sent packing out of Gotham City. The Stephanie situation was different.
    And during this entire time we kept on hearing how they had these massive, big plans for Cass, next year. Really, I don't know why anybody still pays attention to anything DC editorial claims anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    And during this entire time we kept on hearing how they had these massive, big plans for Cass, next year. Really, I don't know why anybody still pays attention to anything DC editorial claims anymore.
    Oh yes. I remember that. I honestly don't think they were lying, though. There was supposed to be a new Cassandra solo series written and drawn by Billy Tucci that never materialized. I think they meant it when they said that had plans, but the higher-ups must have put an end to all that.