Page 134 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3162
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    For mine, I broke it down into three categories:

1) Stuff that you shouldn't read under any circumstances.

2) The ESSENTIAL stuff. The reasons as to why they're so loved, and display different aspects of the characters and relationships.

3) Other stuff that isn't bad, but isn't essential.

And I finish with a clarification that while there's more than what I've mentioned, it's not unreadable, but it isn't good either.
    Hmm. Interesting. I shall think on it. Thanks!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Batman: Outlaws was only 3 issues long, Cass only getting cameos in the first two, and was as much of a side character as Tim there.
    IIRC the issues had all double length, and I think that Tim had more screen time than Cass as had everybody else (Catwoman, Huntress, Nightwing).

BANNED

I saw an Orphan and a Batgirl at NYCC, but I didn't see this very nice Black Bat cosplay.

black bat NYCC.jpg

Not a fan of the heels, but people can do any variations they'd like.
    Last edited by Assam; 10-13-2017 at 08:55 AM.

I saw an Orphan and a Batgirl at NYCC, but I didn't see this very nice Black Bat cosplay.

black bat NYCC.jpg
    I approve of the cape scarf .

black bat NYCC.jpg

Not a fan of the heels, but people can do any variations they'd like.
    Awesome! That reminds me I need to post the Spoiler cosplay I saw at Baltimore!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Awesome! That reminds me I need to post the Spoiler cosplay I saw at Baltimore!
    Just saw the image. Neat!

Also, I don't post, but I HAVE been following 4chan threads for the comics I read for the last few weeks (Some of these people are truly awful) and I find it hilarious that people KEEP thinking you're me.

Just saw the image. Neat!

Also, I don't post, but I HAVE been following 4chan threads for the comics I read for the last few weeks (Some of these people are truly awful) and I find it hilarious that people KEEP thinking you're me.
    Haha. Yep. I don't even know how they make that mistake, since I always lead off with, "Steph fan."

BANNED

What do you think the chances are we'll be seeing Takara in 'Tec again come Spring? You know he'd want to do anything focusing on Cass, and I think it'd be great if they gave him enough time to do the full arc, or maybe with only one fill-in.

What do you think the chances are we'll be seeing Takara in 'Tec again come Spring? You know he'd want to do anything focusing on Cass, and I think it'd be great if they gave him enough time to do the full arc, or maybe with only one fill-in.
    That's a very interesting question. I personally would rather see him do a fill-in one or two-shot, with LOTS of time to do it. His stuff has felt a bit rushed these past two years. In contrast, his stuff for All-New Wolverine and Batman and Robin Eternal was so clear and thoughtful.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's a very interesting question. I personally would rather see him do a fill-in one or two-shot, with LOTS of time to do it. His stuff has felt a bit rushed these past two years. In contrast, his stuff for All-New Wolverine and Batman and Robin Eternal was so clear and thoughtful.
    I thought #950 was gorgeous, and I'm in the minority who thought, at least artistically, 955 and 966 looked good (At the very least, I love how he draws each of the characters.) even if I do agree that those two issues didn't look nearly as good as ANW.

I thought #950 was gorgeous, and I'm in the minority who thought, at least artistically, 955 and 966 looked good (At the very least, I love how he draws each of the characters.) even if I do agree that those two issues didn't look nearly as good as ANW.
    I don't think Takara did bad work, but it wasn't as amazing as 950 or BRE 13. Those are truly lovely comics, whereas the other books just felt competent.

BANNED

By tater did a thing on Tumblr

brains brains its okay.jpg

And by Cass super-fan, Rena (Who made a joke about how this should have been in a The Road Home issue with Cass)

the road home.jpg

Really, her not getting a The Road Home issue was just one of the many slaps in the face during that time period, and it's why it pisses me off whenever someone says, "Everything was great during the Batman Reborn Era! Things should be like they were there!" because no, everything wasn't and it shouldn't be. And you can always spot someone who doesn't actually give a crap about Cass when they say something like, "Dick was Batman, Damian was his Robin,Tim was Red Robin, Steph was Batgirl, Cass was Black Bat, and Babs was Oracle. It was perfect!"

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

By tater did a thing on Tumblr

brains brains its okay.jpg
    That's really cool
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Really, her not getting a The Road Home issue was just one of the many slaps in the face during that time period, and it's why it pisses me off whenever someone says, "Everything was great during the Batman Reborn Era! Things should be like they were there!" because no, everything wasn't and it shouldn't be. And you can always spot someone who doesn't actually give a crap about Cass when they say something like, "Dick was Batman, Damian was his Robin,Tim was Red Robin, Steph was Batgirl, Cass was Black Bat, and Babs was Oracle. It was perfect!"
    Would you be less bothered by Cass's Black Bat tenure if she was given more, solid, focus while using it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would you be less bothered by Cass's Black Bat tenure if she was given more, solid, focus while using it?
    Absolutely. While a better name would have been nice, and the writing for her wasn't perfect, that was unquestionably the worst aspect. The fact is, despite how many people identify her as Black Bat and how much fanart and how many cosplays there are, there were only 6 issues where she was at all significant while using the identity. And those 6 issues were all in the last 5 months of Pre-Flashpoint continuity. I've outlined how I would have handled the transition before, and while I still think that path would have been ideal, even if just after the awful Batgirl #1, she immediately joined Tim on his quest in Red Robin and stuck around as his co-star or something like that, I'd be able to think more positively of the era. Ideally she should have gotten her OWN solo, but there was zero chance of that happening since DC still really just wanted her gone.