Page 135 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    What do you think the chances are we'll be seeing Takara in 'Tec again come Spring? You know he'd want to do anything focusing on Cass, and I think it'd be great if they gave him enough time to do the full arc, or maybe with only one fill-in.
    I'd love it. He gets the character and I'd keep up the wonderful partnership of him and Tynion to happen.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

Me: Constantly talks about Cass.

One of my best friends, eventually: "I don't really get the appeal. I've always been more interested in Babs and Steph."

Me: Sighs "Have you actually tried her solo book?"

Friend: "No. Why?"

One borrowed trade reading later

Friend, earlier today: "I understand completely."

Works every time.

Me: Constantly talks about Cass.

One of my best friends, eventually: "I don't really get the appeal. I've always been more interested in Babs and Steph."

Me: Sighs "Have you actually tried her solo book?"

Friend: "No. Why?"

One borrowed trade reading later

Friend, earlier today: "I understand completely."

Works every time.
    I still love 'em all .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I still love 'em all .
    I was more just bringing up the point that, almost without fail, Cass detractors will be people who don't actually know the first thing about her, but once they get their hands on her book, they fall in love.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I was more just bringing up the point that, almost without fail, Cass detractors will be people who don't actually know the first thing about her, but once they get their hands on her book, they fall in love.
    I'm really glad that her best trades are available in such gorgeous reprints! And DC has been really good about not letting their reprints fall out of print, so this time, we'll likely have Cass references and gifts for years go come! (And Steph, of course )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Well, I'm kind of just used to people criticizing characters I like to not really seem to "get" them, either through misinformation, ignorance, or a different reading of the character.

But such is fandom.

I usually give a fair chance to everything and judge fairly afterwards, althougth i have never come to dislike any recomendation, there are characthers that i just can't get into, for a lack of interest, regardless of the quality, like Firestorm.
    Last edited by TheCape; 10-15-2017 at 09:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm really glad that her best trades are available in such gorgeous reprints! And DC has been really good about not letting their reprints fall out of print, so this time, we'll likely have Cass references and gifts for years go come! (And Steph, of course )
    Yeah, much as I still hope for the rest to be collected, just having Puckett's run collected so nicely and conveniently is great. (I still really want to know which clever bloke at DC made sure her first fat trade came out on her birthday) I didn't ever pick up Steph's trade, and sorry if you've told me already, but did they give her reprints the same gorgeous treatment they gave Cass?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I'm kind of just used to people criticizing characters I like to not really seem to "get" them, either through misinformation, ignorance, or a different reading of the character.

But such is fandom.
    Yeah, it's unfortunate and I'm definitely with you there.
    Last edited by Assam; 10-15-2017 at 09:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    there are characthers that i just can't get into, for a lack of interest, regardless of the quality, like Firestorm.
    Firestorm is probably the most vanilla hero in DC for me. Doesn't matter which version, which run (I've tried several), nothing can make me care about them one way or the other. The closest I've come is being super pissed over the respective Firestorm's treatments in Identity Crisis and Blackest Night.

I love each Firestorm (The Heat is On) .

Yeah, much as I still hope for the rest to be collected, just having Puckett's run collected so nicely and conveniently is great. (I still really want to know which clever bloke at DC made sure her first fat trade came out on her birthday) I didn't ever pick up Steph's trade, and sorry if you've told me already, but did they give her reprints the same gorgeous treatment they gave Cass?
    I bought Steph's trade digitally, since I literally JUST bought the old trades this year and last year (in addition to all the crossovers and single issues I could think of, though not all of them, since some of them were pretty silly). Looking at Steph's new trade in the story, it's my impression that it's not quite as high quality as Cass's. It seems thinner, and the cover doesn't feel quite as heavy (high quality and glossy) to me, but that's impressionistic from several weeks ago. I'd have to check them out at the store side by side again to be sure.

That being said, it's definitely better than poor Azrael got. And I appreciate that 1) We're getting it all nicely packaged, and 2) They're promising to include the Road Home issue, which is really crucial to Steph's arc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

That being said, it's definitely better than poor Azrael got.**And I appreciate that 1) We're getting it all nicely packaged, and 2) They're promising to include the Road Home issue, which is really crucial to Steph's arc.
    Poor JPV, he is the one to most likely fall into obscurity with time, pretty unfair after a 100 solo, is Dennis O'Neil still writting, maybe he can save him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Poor JPV, he is the one to most likely fall into obscurity with time, pretty unfair after a 100 solo, is Dennis O'Neil still writting, maybe he can save him.
    He is writing every now and then, but I doubt he's interested in doing anything more than a one shot or maybe a four issue arc.

BANNED

That being said, it's definitely better than poor Azrael got.
    Yeah, Jean-Paul definitely got the short end of the stick.

1) We're getting it all nicely packaged, and 2) They're promising to include the Road Home issue, which is really crucial to Steph's arc.
    Oh, the Road Home issue. On the one hand great for Steph's character and the slap is truly glorious, on the other hand it contains a dig at Cass fans like Inc. and BoP had. (As Rena put it, that issue made it canon that by that point, Alfred was the only who still canonically gave a crap about Cass.)

(I honestly, HONESTLY wish I could talk more positively about Steph's book more often because there is a lot of it I love, but just so much is problematic there.)
    Last edited by Assam; 10-15-2017 at 09:24 PM.

He is writing every now and then, but I doubt he's interested in doing anything more than a one shot or maybe a four issue arc
    You are rigth, i think that he actually did some one shots about him at some point of the DickBats era.