Page 142 of 211 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3162
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    This is a subject I've long looked after. I've always wanted to ask some of the subjects involved (Tomasi, Didio). But I just think back to what a famous comic writer once told me a long tiem ago about characters he wasn't fond of. That he'd just not write them period. He'd ignore them and wouldn't write anything about them. If he did, he'd figure it would be a hinderance to that character. So he didn't do it. But he then let it slip that while he wasn't a fan of a character, that there's always another writer who is. Sure enough he told me, Watch out for _____ in this comic. Sure enough that character showed up in that.

Long story short. Theories and evidence onto the how's and why's are I put here, here, and here. The best answers anyone are gonna find other than asking directly.
    That's some amazing detective blogging. Thank you for that! (Also really loved the "lost issues" post - those are so bittersweet - and it gives me another thing to add to my Steph wiki - I didn't have that original Robin #177 cover!)
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Wow @Blight, that was a really good read! I may have known most of this already but it was still really engaging and there were actually a couple tidbits I didn't know about.

Really, other than Cass's status improving immensely from all the years of tragedy, the only thing which has changed since those posts is that we do now know why Cass wasn't in Hush. (Glad to know I'm not the only one who sees that as the beginning of the end)

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Wow @Blight, that was a really good read! I may have known most of this already but it was still really engaging and there were actually a couple tidbits I didn't know about.

Really, other than Cass's status improving immensely from all the years of tragedy, the only thing which has changed since those posts is that we do now know why Cass wasn't in Hush. (Glad to know I'm not the only one who sees that as the beginning of the end)
    What's the source on the Hush thing? I've looked for it, but can't find a source.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    What's the source on the Hush thing? I've looked for it, but can't find a source.
    I know it's better when bringing this stuff up to have a source at the ready, but I know this isn't like the reason Harper was created; this isn't just a (Still potentially true) rumor that spread so far it became the truth in people's minds. The info that Lee didn't like drawing Cass came from a legit source, even if I can no longer find it.

I honestly think Snyder and the editor at that time were the reasons why Cass/Steph returned back to the Bat Books. I get the feeling though the Bat Books are better run with than in the past. That some do embrace the Rebirth message. But there are others that don't. But look at this way. Detective is a high selling and popular comic. The team dynamic is proven worked. Kate got a new ongoing from it. It's obvious that Tynion is wants one with Cass too given he's practically built a supporting cast for her. Question is when will DC go for the pitch and will he get a co-writer to help him with it?
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

I honestly think Snyder and the editor at that time were the reasons why Cass/Steph returned back to the Bat Books. I get the feeling though the Bat Books are better run with than in the past. That some do embrace the Rebirth message. But there are others that don't.
    I agree.

But look at this way. Detective is a high selling and popular comic. The team dynamic is proven worked.
    Yes. Even if I have many problems with this book, this is still a good thing overall.

Kate got a new ongoing from it.
    Unfortunately, with the book's low sales (On top of the similarly low sales of Batgirl, BBoP, and Batman Beyond) may keep DC from wanting to launch more bat spinoffs. Hopefully not, and there are obviously other factors in play besides them being Bat Books, but I wouldn't be surprised if DC saw it that way.

It's obvious that Tynion is wants one with Cass too given he's practically built a supporting cast for her.
    Yeah, I think Basil (Powerless or not) and Christine (Along with semi-regular appearances from Steph, Bruce, and Timl maybe even JPV) could make for a really strong supporting cast. The only thing that could make it better, while still being realistic regarding Babs, would be if they brought Brenda back.

Question is when will DC go for the pitch
    I'm holding out hope that we might get something (Maybe even just a mini) when we lose the Orphan name. Like I said though, the low sales of the aforementioned books could be a problem.

and will he get a co-writer to help him with it?
    Hopefully, especially since there are several great candidates.
    Last edited by Assam; 10-23-2017 at 05:36 PM.

The thing is. Yes, BoP, Batgirl, BB, and Batwoman are low. But all it takes is an issue to jump start and make people want to buy it. Take the recent BoP issue. At my LCS it was always easy getting a copy of that ongoing save the latest issue. It's been sold out two weeks straight and I'm still waiting for the issue on back order.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

The thing is. Yes, BoP, Batgirl, BB, and Batwoman are low. But all it takes is an issue to jump start and make people want to buy it. Take the recent BoP issue. At my LCS it was always easy getting a copy of that ongoing save the latest issue. It's been sold out two weeks straight and I'm still waiting for the issue on back order.
    I don't disagree.

And we'll see how this issue of BoP sold overall soon enough. (This was my first time reading a full issue of the book and I personally thought it was pretty bad)

Unfortunately, with the book's low sales (On top of the similarly low sales of Batgirl, BBoP, and Batman Beyond) may keep DC from wanting to launch more bat spinoffs. Hopefully not, and there are obviously other factors in play besides them being Bat Books, but I wouldn't be surprised if DC saw it that way.
    It would seem that there's a rather easy solution to this...
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It would seem that there's a rather easy solution to this...
    Afraid I don't get the joke.

Afraid I don't get the joke.
    If you want more Bat-spinoffs, support the ones that are already out.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    If you want more Bat-spinoffs, support the ones that are already out.
    Cunningham and (I think) Van Sciver have tried telling similar things to Wally West and John Stewart fans.

Sorry, but with the price of comics now, I'm not gonna be paying for books I think are crap that star characters I don't care about, just for the sake of adding one more sale, especially when 3 of the 4 books in question haven't even stabilized and are still dropping.

Sorry, but with the price of comics now, I'm not gonna be paying for books I think are crap that star characters I don't care about, just for the sake of adding one more sale, especially when 3 of the 4 books in question haven't even stabilized and are still dropping.
    Then I don't know what else can be done.

Interesting! BoP is on my pull list, so I didn't notice a scarcity. I'll have to check when I pick up Tec this week. I guess all the crazy guest stars must have helped!

BANNED

KaylabeeMarie strikes again with Damian in pumpkin pants, Tim being a master artist and Cass possibly acting out the wedding with her dolls.

dolls.jpg