Page 162 of 211 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Also, this is something I've been meaning to ask you, but I was wondering why you read Larson's Batgirl. You've said it and New Super-Man are your favorite Rebirth books and while I obviously get loving NSM, Larson's Batgirl doesn't really seem like your kind of thing.
    The last arc was surprisingly solid.

. . . Also, this is something I've been meaning to ask you, but I was wondering why you read Larson's Batgirl. You've said it and New Super-Man are your favorite Rebirth books and while I obviously get loving NSM, Larson's Batgirl doesn't really seem like your kind of thing.
    Well, both New Super-Man and Batgirl have become my favorite Rebirth books kinda by default.
    I had previously viewed my main favorites as Action Comics, Superwoman, andWonder Woman, but I didn't enjoy Superwoman after Phil Jimenez stopped writing it, and the post-Rucka Wonder Woman isn't much fun. As for Action Comics, it sort of lost part of it's appeal when they merged Convergence-Superman with New52-Superman, and what they did to Jor-El recently didn't help.

Batgirlto me can still be fun, and I like Babs-as-Batgirl.

Honestly, Tec is a rollercoaster ride. When it clicks you're on top of the world (like the Tim prior to this). When you're at the bottom of this ride you know it (i.e. the last issue). But Basil, Tim, and Cass are the reasons I enjoy this ride. I just wish Stephanie got a better lingering subplot. It feels like a downgrade compared to Tim or Cass's lingering ones.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

Psudonym colored some of their adorable art.

colored pseudo.jpg

BANNED

970 1.jpg

970 2.jpg

These two just continuing to be the best.

I said this on the 'Tec thread, but I laughed out loud at Cass's line in panel 4. It isn't some of her best sass, but I could definitely see that as one of classic Cass's one-liners.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

970 1.jpg

970 2.jpg

I said this on the 'Tec thread, but I laughed out loud at Cass's line in panel 4. It isn't some of her best sass, but I could definitely see that as one of classic Cass's one-liners.
    It was a really excellent moment.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

970 1.jpg

970 2.jpg

WHY? Why clayface is one villain? DC is cruel..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WHY? Why clayface is one villain? DC is cruel..
    I think that's the point Tynion is making. He wants us to root for him to get a happy ending. But in Gotham there really is ever a happy ending.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    I think that's the point Tynion is making. He wants us to root for him to get a happy ending..
    It's what Tynion's been telegraphing for a long time. He's definitely succeeded in making the readership root for him, but my worry, especially with the book's recent quality, is that the tragic end won't be worth losing such a great character. Contrary to what some people here probably think, I don't have any inherent problem with characters I love dying or having negative developments, but it has to be well-executed and provide enough of the right kind of impact that it makes no longer getting stories with a character worth it, making us sad for the character rather than pissed at the writer.

tumblr_nig7qblZgL1su2of1o1_540.jpg
    Pretty awesome image lf Cassandra Cain and Mayday Parker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Chest sizes aside, it's a pretty great image.(Only just now getting into Mayday and she's awesome.) It's from an old Wizard Magazine cover.

Mayday Parker? One daughter of spiderman in one alternative universe?

I like more the designs of Spider-Gwen and Silk.. Superman Original Costume looks better in one woman than Spiderman costume with a few changes..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-17-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Chest sizes aside, it's a pretty great image.(Only just now getting into Mayday and she's awesome.) It's from an old Wizard Magazine cover.
    Mayday and Kaine (and the original Ben Reilly) are the only members of the spider-family that i actually like.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Mayday Parker? One daughter of spiderman in one alternative universe?

I like more the designs of Spider-Gwen and Silk.. Superman Original Costume looks better in one woman than Spiderman costume with a few changes..
    Yeah, she was the protagonist of the Spider-Girl comic for years in the MC2 Universe (Marvel Comics 2).

BANNED

Mayday and Kaine (and the original Ben Reilly) are the only members of the spider-family that i actually like.
    Mayday has quickly become my favorite spider-family character and funnily enough the original Ben Reilly was my favorite before that. Haven't read much with Kaine, but I do kinda like Miles, Flash and Peter, even if I won't exactly seek out stories with them.