Page 167 of 211 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Tynion hasn't really done anything I can think of with canon Babs since the first Eternal.
    Some of us may prefer that it stay that way, too.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Some of us. Well, okay. Me. Think he's great!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

I am reserving judgement on this case until 975 drops. Should he go against the status quo and write Babs the way she should be written with Cass, it'll be the closest thing we'll have to the real Barbara Gordon being around since 2011.

Some of us. Well, okay. Me. Think he's great!
    Hey, it's not just you; Caivu too!

Yes I know he obviously has more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Hey, it's not just you; Caivu too!

Yes I know he obviously has more fans.
    Haha, true. It's also the case that in this, as in many other things, CBR's forums aren't super representative of fandom. Either that, or there's 49,998 fans who are just collecting Tec for collecting's sake.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Haha, true. It's also the case that in this, as in many other things, CBR's forums aren't super representative of fandom. Either that, or there's 49,998 fans who are just collecting Tec for collecting's sake.
    And some (not me, though, since I dropped it with issue #941) may be "collecting it" for specific characters they don't get anywhere else these days?

And, by the way, how do you get that "49,998 fans" number? Do you have a source saying how many individual readers are buying specific products?

And some (not me, though, since I dropped it with issue #941) may be "collecting it" for specific characters they don't get anywhere else these days?

And, by the way, how do you get that "49,998 fans" number? Do you have a source saying how many individual readers are buying specific products?
    It's a joke, based on the Diamond shipping numbers of about 50,000 units shipped of each issue of Tec. So I was saying that there's Caivu and me, and then there's the other 49,998 who just buy it to have it in their collections.

It's a joke, based on the Diamond shipping numbers of about 50,000 units shipped of each issue of Tec. So I was saying that there's Caivu and me, and then there's the other 49,998 who just buy it to have it in their collections.
    And I was stressing the numbers from Diamond (which I assumed you were using) don't say anything about the number of people who actually buy copies of comic books since Diamond doesn't deal with individual readers. Their numbers are strictly books ordered by comic book shops, so Diamond has no clue as to how many are sold to actual individual readers.
    (So your attempt at "humor" seemed relatively pointless to me.)

And I was stressing the numbers from Diamond (which I assumed you were using) don't say anything about the number of people who actually buy copies of comic books since Diamond doesn't deal with individual readers. Their numbers are strictly books ordered by comic book shops, so Diamond has no clue as to how many are sold to actual individual readers.
    (So your attempt at "humor" seemed relatively pointless to me.)
    I mean, it's pretty obvious that the joke isn't for you. S'okay.

I think that Diamond numbers are incredibly frustratingly oblique, so I would agree with you that it's really hard to tell actual customer sales from them, but for any title, it's incredibly unlikely that stores would continue to order high numbers like that to eat up inventory space if they weren't mostly selling through. Tec's consistency indicates to me that a number of people are buying it in quantities that reflect the store orders. Plus, DC isn't running cover incentives, so there's no real argument that the stores are over-ordering them for some nefarious purpose. (I also haven't heard of DC overshipping consistently, either.)

Psu outdoes themselves with this one. EDIT: And I see I was beaten to the punch with the link on the next page.

MyFriendBasil.jpg
    Last edited by Blight; 01-05-2018 at 03:56 PM.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

@Blight Posted that on the previous page. It's so good I made it my laptop's background.

@Blight Posted that on the previous page. It's so good I made it my laptop's background.
    Yeah I saw and noted that in the edit. ONE STEP AHEAD OF ME you are.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Amazing Member

Just discovered her in the current Detective Comics. She's such an awesome fighter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudasFanny616 View Post
    Just discovered her in the current Detective Comics. She's such an awesome fighter.
    Glad you like her!

There's much more to her than just being a fighter though. For a lot of us Cass fans it has nothing to do with why we love her.

My highest recommendation goes to her Batgirl book, the first 37 issues of which have been collected in three very nice trades recently (link to the first trade below). Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

https://www.amazon.com/Batgirl-2000-...s=batgirl+2000
    Last edited by Assam; 01-06-2018 at 04:17 PM.

BANNED

By Jake-Meraga

drowning her sorrows.jpg

Cass here seems to be drowning her sorrows over being stuck in 'Tec. For her sake, I hope NuCass isn't a lightweight like classic Cass was.

By Jake-Meraga

drowning her sorrows.jpg

Cass here seems to be drowning her sorrows over being stuck in 'Tec. For her sake, I hope NuCass isn't a lightweight like classic Cass was.
    I think it would be a fun aspect to explore. Drunken Master Cass would make a hilarious scene