Page 171 of 211 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Heh, speak for yourself.
    Seconded. Not so much with Kate for me; but I'm definitely a Tim fan first and foremost.

It just so happens that I'm also a fan of Stephanie and Cassandra.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    but I'm definitely a Tim fan first and foremost. .
    Don't me get wrong, I really like Tim and he's one of my favorites in the Fam...but like many others I can't stand how Tynion writes him. At this point it feels like every issue is a competition between him and Steph to see who can annoy me more.

Some Alvaro Martínez WIP:

Screenshot_20180116-111744.jpg

Clayface is also in this spread. Might be a flashback since Spoiler has her old mask, but since Cass isn't wearing her mask... who knows?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Some Alvaro Martínez WIP:

Screenshot_20180116-111744.jpg

Clayface is also in this spread. Might be a flashback since Spoiler has her old mask, but since Cass isn't wearing her mask... who knows?
    A flashback on how she got her mask?
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    My thought was just that she lost her mask again. Seems to happen in every major fight she has in this series.

She had it when the Knights formed.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

She had it when the Knights formed.
    Yeah, but Steph has her old mask which she hasn't worn in an entire year. Which suggests flashback. Just going with what I know.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

Every time I hear about the pitch that was 'Kicks' I forget about it, only to be reminded of it months later and feel annoyed that we didn't get it.

On a happier note, here's an awesome cosplay by kirkettecosplay:

expressions.jpg

Love the poses and expressions she replicated.

Pitch what pitch?

BANNED

Pitch what pitch?
    Gail Simone's first ever pitch to DC was a mini called 'Kicks', which would have starred Cass, Courtney Whitmore (Stargirl) and Mary Marvel. According to Simone, it wasn't picked up because 1) Female lead books were an even harder sell then than they are now and 2) She hadn't quite learned the best way to pitch yet.

Also according to Simone, there was a scene where Courtney spent two pages telling Cass about bubble gum, who then proceeded to weaponize it.

That pretty much sums up how much of a tragedy not getting this was.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Gail Simone's first ever pitch to DC was a mini called 'Kicks', which would have starred Cass, Courtney Whitmore (Stargirl) and Mary Marvel. According to Simone, it wasn't picked up because 1) Female lead books were an even harder sell then than they are now and 2) She hadn't quite learned the best way to pitch yet.

Also according to Simone, there was a scene where Courtney spent two pages telling Cass about bubble gum, who then proceeded to weaponize it.

Why was it called "kicks?"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why was it called "kicks?"
    My first thought was that 'Kicks was short for 'sidekicks' , but none of the three really filled that role so I'm not sure.

My first thought was that 'Kicks was short for 'sidekicks' , but none of the three really filled that role so I'm not sure.
    Well, I guess it depends how you look at it given "sidekick" can be a very relative and general term for a character's role to another, even if I also don't automatically think sidekick for any of those three...

And now I just got an idea. An idea that must be shown the light!

I wanna see how she could weaponize bubblegum! I reckon it would hurt if you took it to the eye.