Page 179 of 211 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3162
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blight View Post
    So looking over the Monolith Batman tabletop Kickstarter. Stephanie and Duke aren't playable in the game even though they're on the cover to it!
    That's incredibly frustrating.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That's incredibly frustrating.
    It is. But the setup? The ablity to play Cass in an actual DC tabletop game with my friends? Yeah.... This is so bought. I just wonder why Azrael was teased but never shown in the stretch goals.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

It is. But the setup? The ablity to play Cass in an actual DC tabletop game with my friends? Yeah.... This is so bought. I just wonder why Azrael was teased but never shown in the stretch goals.
    Like I said in my post, the stretch goals are still coming. Currently they're working up toward including Penguin's gang. It's entirely possible Duke and Steph are later stretch goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Like I said in my post, the stretch goals are still coming. Currently they're working up toward including Penguin's gang. It's entirely possible Duke and Steph are later stretch goals.
    They hinted at it when I tweeted at them. But I don't even know how much they have to hit to get it...
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

They hinted at it when I tweeted at them. But I don't even know how much they have to hit to get it...
    Heh Monolith just admitted the game is so popular they can't update the stretch goals fast enough.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

Vavitsara draws so much cute batsib stuff. If you're on Tumblr, definitely follow them.

Attachment 62701

Attachment 62702
    They also made this

Vavitsara

Anyways, the latest TEC had some pretty good moments, spoilers:
    and seeing Cass in Wayne Manor, helping Alfred and generally speaking seeming like a family member again did make me smile . Also cheers to the fact that Babs was the one to call out the Knights for somewhat pushing Cass to the side and ignoring her needs in the first place.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    They also made this

Vavitsara

Anyways, the latest TEC had some pretty good moments, spoilers:
    and seeing Cass in Wayne Manor, helping Alfred and generally speaking seeming like a family member again did make me smile . Also cheers to the fact that Babs was the one to call out the Knights for somewhat pushing Cass to the side and ignoring her needs in the first place.
    end of spoilers
    Excellent fanart..

WOW.. Cass and Damian first encounter surprised me..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-28-2018 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    It was pretty much perfect, I thought.

BANNED

It was pretty much perfect, I thought.
    I had...problems with how Cass was used in this issue (see: The 'Tec thread), but that bit there was great.

Extraordinary Member

I haven ben paying much attention to detective comcis, because it had seemed like a dumping ground for wayward and lsot bat chracters, but if I am understanding correctly its been 2 years since batman eternal 2 and Cass has been living in squalor, and only spending time with the Batfam at night? why hasn't bruce adopted her yet? or Stephanie and harper take her in? why is she living alone.

then again I guess Mama catwoman complicates things

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I haven ben paying much attention to detective comcis, because it had seemed like a dumping ground for wayward and lsot bat chracters, but if I am understanding correctly its been 2 years since batman eternal 2 and Cass has been living in squalor, and only spending time with the Batfam at night? why hasn't bruce adopted her yet? or Stephanie and harper take her in? why is she living alone.

then again I guess Mama catwoman complicates things
    I mean...Tec is the book for characters who don't have a solo or team book already. That's not a "dumping ground" unless you think these characters are dumps.

It's probably been no more than six months since Batman and Robin Eternal - Tim's only been "dead" for a few months. Cass has her own apartment that Bruce gave her, but she doesn't sleep there. She's chosen to sleep at the theater on her own - though I do think that someone should have done something. Steph and Harper both let her stay with them when she wanted, but Harper is now in Monstertown, and Steph has her own Stephcave. I'm sure both of them would welcome Cass, but I think they believe she was being better looked after by Bruce and Kate.

I had...problems with how Cass was used in this issue (see: The 'Tec thread), but that bit there was great.
    I did not. She already made her viewpoint quite clear last issue on where she stands on Kate. This was a mending issue for her. You can tell she's pent up as shown with her flooring Damian. She got much needed R&R with Alfred. And Barbara is quite right to a degree on her. She should be with someone close not hanging around in the rafters at an opera house as a phantom. Also I don't know if it was intentional or not, but living room Cass/Alfred watched TV? The same room where "THE ENTIRE FAMILY" watched stuff in Tomasi's runs on Nightwing and B&R. Intentional or not, made me smirk as well because her being in that particular room.

I did not. She already made her viewpoint quite clear last issue on where she stands on Kate. This was a mending issue for her. You can tell she's pent up as shown with her flooring Damian. She got much needed R&R with Alfred. And Barbara is quite right to a degree on her. She should be with someone close not hanging around in the rafters at an opera house as a phantom. Also I don't know if it was intentional or not, but living room Cass/Alfred watched TV? The same room where "THE ENTIRE FAMILY" watched stuff in Tomasi's runs on Nightwing and B&R. Intentional or not, made me smirk as well because her being in that particular room.
    Oooh, nice catch! I personally hope that Cass finds a home in the Manor at the end of Tec.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Excellent fanart..

sign..... and just when I was starting to like Cass. Well Tim and Damian are pals so win some lose some.

BANNED

I did not.
    And that's fair. Like I said, most of my issues were in the subtext, which obviously not everyone else would agree with or care about.

She got much needed R&R with Alfred.
    Seeing Alfred continue his streak of always being there for Cass was a definite highlight.

She should be with someone close not hanging around in the rafters at an opera house as a phantom.
    That whole thing with Cass as the phantom of theater, her very own Christine included, is still one of the best gags in this run.

Also I don't know if it was intentional or not, but living room Cass/Alfred watched TV? The same room where "THE ENTIRE FAMILY" watched stuff in Tomasi's runs on Nightwing and B&R. Intentional or not, made me smirk as well because her being in that particular room.
    Ooooooh! Great catch!

I personally hope that Cass finds a home in the Manor at the end of Tec.
    Should we add this to the list of things that need to happen in the next six issues?

I actually do think the adoption, the codename change and moving into the manor are all very much still in the cards. Primarily because of Babs aking the role of the fans briefly, basically going "Hey Bruce, why aren't you taking care of her? Bruce, why isn't she living here? Bruce, why the Hell are you letting her call herself Orphan; that's horrible!"

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    sign..... and just when I was starting to like Cass..
    Oh, don't be silly. She's in mourning and incredibly tense and its already been established back in B&R:E that she freaks out when touched without notice
    Last edited by Assam; 02-28-2018 at 04:14 PM.