Page 180 of 211 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3162
    BANNED

https://twitter.com/JosephPIllidge/s...35215895474177

Some interesting stuff here at least I didn't know about. The team had to fight for Cass to be Asian (not surprising at all) and it was actually O'Neil leading the charge on that end. Just another reason to love the guy.

Also, Chris Conroy is apparently a big Cass fan. I feel like I might have seen that somewhere before but it's still good to see him showing support and just the fact there IS someone in editorial whose got her back.

Unrelated but Simone also just tweeted one of the best things I've ever seen on the site in response to being asked about the Batgirl movie:

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...02409623216128

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post

Some interesting stuff here at least I didn't know about. The team had to fight for Cass to be Asian (not surprising at all) and it was actually O'Neil leading the charge on that end. Just another reason to love the guy.

Also, Chris Conroy is apparently a big Cass fan. I feel like I might have seen that somewhere before but it's still good to see him showing support and just the fact there IS someone in editorial whose got her back.

Unrelated but Simone also just tweeted one of the best things I've ever seen on the site in response to being asked about the Batgirl movie:

That's really funny. I'd prefer a Barbara movie but I'd also be happy with a Cassandra led movie.

Just let Simone write it. I'd prefer DC just say "write the Batgirl movie you want to write" and stay out of her way. There's no way that story wouldn't be awesome.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Seems like DC always had a struggle to make poc.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    sign..... and just when I was starting to like Cass. Well Tim and Damian are pals so win some lose some.

I thought that this would mean nothing for a superson fan.. Damian is humiliated more times and in worst ways... Dietrich mentioned that

... This is better than receive one punch of one kid(superboy) with more power than one human adult man..

OK... I am not against this because... If one character get my respect(Cass case)... Damian should be humiliated in one of the worst ways possible for made me hate this.. and I think that I would hate the writer not the character..

With Cass, we know that one Batgirl film in burnside is Impossible.. I support this..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-01-2018 at 01:24 AM.

BANNED

Something that just occurred to me: Whatever Tynion's original plan was, ending his run with the adoption would actually be perfect. 'Batman' at this point is a franchise with 'family' as one of its core themes, but this run specifically has been all about exploring different family dynamics and relations. So closing out with Bruce officially adding a new member to his family would be fitting.

Something that just occurred to me: Whatever Tynion's original plan was, ending his run with the adoption would actually be perfect. 'Batman' at this point is a franchise with 'family' as one of its core themes, but this run specifically has been all about exploring different family dynamics and relations. So closing out with Bruce officially adding a new member to his family would be fitting.
    Im really hoping for that to be the case. Maybe that's what Cass could glimpse in the 980 solicit adoption papers! We can dream

I'd love that .

BANNED

So with what we know now, how likely do y'all think my theory about the Bruce and Cass focus Tynion promised being a sub-plot throughout the first four Tim and Kate dominated issues of BE is?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

So with what we know now, how likely do y'all think my theory about the Bruce and Cass focus Tynion promised being a sub-plot throughout the first four Tim and Kate dominated issues of BE is?
    Given his promises about Steph...umm............
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Given his promises about Steph...umm............
    What did he actually say he was planning on doing with her?

What did he actually say he was planning on doing with her?
    If I remember correctly, he said she was going to be a big part of an arc at the end of the year (2017).

I will flatly say that she was not. You can make an argument that she's done some significant things, but she is not a big part of any of the arcs that have come out in the second half of 2017. Or this year, either.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

If I remember correctly, he said she was going to be a big part of an arc at the end of the year (2017).

I will flatly say that she was not. You can make an argument that she's done some significant things, but she is not a big part of any of the arcs that have come out in the second half of 2017. Or this year, either.
    Oye. It really does seem like whatever mix-ups happened behind the scenes with The Button just screwed up Tynion's plans and the removal of him from the book has only made things worse.

If these next 4 issues really are just Tim and Kate's rodeo, I'm most likely gonna dislike them as much as I have the last literal year's worth of issues.

Oye. It really does seem like whatever mix-ups happened behind the scenes with The Button just screwed up Tynion's plans and the removal of him from the book has only made things worse.

If these next 4 issues really are just Tim and Kate's rodeo, I'm most likely gonna dislike them as much as I have the last literal year's worth of issues.
    Well. I know you didn't like 975, but I thought it was awesome. So I don't think that even him screwing up with Steph more will make me hate the others. But then again, I think I probably went into this run liking Kate and Tim a bit more, so I was inclined to be interested in both of them.

I am really curious to see the legacy of Tynion on Tec. I think Basil and Cass will definitely be a strong legacy, and I think it really depends on how Tim shakes out afterwards for that. Because Tynion basically just took him away, and then put him back. He didn't really accomplish anything there, other than some fun scenes. Luke and Jean-Paul will...still be around. Sure.

But other than Cass and Basil (which I think is a solid one!), I think the big thing will be The Colony. And that seems pretty divisive. (And I say this as someone who really likes the whole Colony plotline and concept.)

BANNED

I probably went into this run liking Kate and Tim a bit more, so I was inclined to be interested in both of them.
    I mean yes, you probably do like Tim more than I do, but he's still my favorite male Robin and among my favorite Bats. It's just Tynion's version I hate...okay not just Tim HAS had a lot of crap writing over the years.

I think Basil and Cass will definitely be a strong legacy
    Assuming Cass continues to appear in new stories, I give it two years max before someone either brings Basil back either without his memories and/or just totally evil as a villain for her OR has one of the other Clayfaces show up pretending to be him to screw with her head. While predictable, I do think both plots have potential, particularly the latter.

Luke and Jean-Paul will...still be around.
    Will they though? Will they? Bats don't always go out via death or reboot, quite a few have just vanished with no explanation and sadly, I could see that happening with these two quite easily.

I think the big thing will be The Colony. And that seems pretty divisive. (And I say this as someone who really likes the whole Colony plotline and concept.)
    Hating the Colony is probably one of the few things I have in common with a lot of Kate's fandom in regards to her world. The nicest thing I can say about them is that at least they aren't the Victim Syndicate or FutureTim. How sad is it that in over 40 issues, Ascalon was the best antagonist we got?

I mean yes, you probably do like Tim more than I do, but he's still my favorite male Robin and among my favorite Bats. It's just Tynion's version I hate...okay not just Tim HAS had a lot of crap writing over the years.

Assuming Cass continues to appear in new stories, I give it two years max before someone either brings Basil back either without his memories and/or just totally evil as a villain for her OR has one of the other Clayfaces show up pretending to be him to screw with her head. While predictable, I do think both plots have potential, particularly the latter.

Will they though? Will they? Bats don't always go out via death or reboot, quite a few have just vanished with no explanation and sadly, I could see that happening with these two quite easily.
    See, I have loved Tynion's Tim since Batman Eternal. He was loyal, intelligent (not just hacking everything), and the right amount of cocky. I have enjoyed Tec Tim, but not quite as much - though I appreciate that he's actually a main character here.

I personally hope that Clayface stays dead for five years minimum. I'm still really mad about Lincoln March coming back within a year of Batman Eternal. I like my favorite storylines to have consequences. Unless those consequences are "Steph is dead or won't come back."

As for Luke and Jean-Paul - they will have experience and relationships that other writers or Tynion can pull on in the future, and unlike Jean-Paul at the end of his own series, won't be dead. And Tynion has restored Tam Fox back to a useable character, so Luke and the rest of the Fox family will almost certainly always be around because of Lucius. Much as I hate it, limbo is MUCH better than death.