Page 185 of 211 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3162
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I don't know much about Perez's run. I try to read it, and I just don't get into it. I'm a Rucka fan through and through.

Yes, I was referencing the Maxwell Lord killing in my previous post - but Rucka was forced to leave the title before he could complete the story he was trying to tell with that. The trial was written several years later by a different author (Marc Andreyko in Manhunter).

As for Medusa, I know Caivu disagrees with me on this, but Medusa isn't human, she's a monster who will never stop murdering, and can't be rehabilitated.
    You haven't well can't say I blame you because some parts according to others don't read too well and I've read some of Perez's run and I found myself annoyed with some areas that were basically dead weight or boring like the subplots involving Etta Candy being worried about her weight and that Steve wouldn't like her because she didn't look as good as Diana. And this weird, unnecessary story where Diana goes back home to learn that Steve's mother is the reason why she has a Latin name to establish a sibling relationship between Diana and Steve who was sixty years old. But it failed because she spent too much time away from Steve. But there is some good stuff the Kapatelis women and honestly the more I thought about the run's intention to sue Etta and Steve but make them boring as possible it made me think why did he include them at all when their roles were non-existent.

And I see wow things were going crazy at DC back then I can't believe it took so long before Diana could sort out killing Maxwell Lord. Years is a long time for a friendship to be ruined. Well Joker kind fall under that category since he also will never stop murdering so I kind of see where Caivu is going with this but honestly portrayals of characters are often different when they are written by other people so this is just a flaw that I wish could be waived away as that Batman being from parallel world.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-15-2018 at 01:09 PM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Ugh. I'm still so mad that Harper was released before Steph. SERIOUSLY? And Duke will almost certainly be out first as well.

Wow, I didn't realize that the first issue of RHatO was EVEN WORSE than all the articles were saying. Man.
    Come to think of it, unlike Duke and Steph, JPV's sculpt was already revealed, so we may see him before either of them.

I've read the first arc of the Nu52 RHatO. It IS even worse than people were saying at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Come to think of it, unlike Duke and Steph, JPV's sculpt was already revealed, so we may see him before either of them.

I've read the first arc of the Nu52 RHatO. It IS even worse than people were saying at the time.
    I started with the comics the first time that Batman Eternal was mentioned(searching for information about Cass and Steph, before start the first Eternal.. that gave me high hopes in both characters before saw them) and fortunatelly, I never read certain horrible stories...

I saw the last 5 chapters of red hood/outlaws.. I know that Starfire was horribly sexualized in that comic... She is sexy, but she is more acceptable as a character after this with the start of Starfire serie and now in Teen Titans..

But unfortunatelly, I read all Red Hood/Arsenal, hating in all moment Joker Daughter..
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-15-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Ugh. I'm still so mad that Harper was released before Steph. SERIOUSLY? And Duke will almost certainly be out first as well.

Wow, I didn't realize that the first issue of RHatO was EVEN WORSE than all the articles were saying. Man.

I'm pretty sure that Morrison using Jason as a huge part of Bruce's plan in Batman Inc is supposed to be part of how he's part of the family again.

I don't know much about Perez's run. I try to read it, and I just don't get into it. I'm a Rucka fan through and through.

Yes, I was referencing the Maxwell Lord killing in my previous post - but Rucka was forced to leave the title before he could complete the story he was trying to tell with that. The trial was written several years later by a different author (Marc Andreyko in Manhunter).

As for Medusa, I know Caivu disagrees with me on this, but Medusa isn't human, she's a monster who will never stop murdering, and can't be rehabilitated.
    Medusa isn't human but she isn't less capable of rehabilitation than a regular human. And if you're going to use that logic, then there is even less reason for the Joker to still be alive.

Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty sure that Morrison using Jason as a huge part of Bruce's plan in Batman Inc is supposed to be part of how he's part of the family again.
    But the whole thing was poorly done, Morrison didn't really gave it the screen time it would have deserved and it was anyway poorly coordinated with Death of the Family and RHatO.

No more duffel bags full of heads for Jason!
    Actually, thats still canon.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

True. And since JPV is classic (even though Steph predates him by a few months in 1992), and Knightfall is profoundly important to the Batman world, I don't begrudge him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Medusa isn't human but she isn't less capable of rehabilitation than a regular human. And if you're going to use that logic, then there is even less reason for the Joker to still be alive.
    Um. In what way do you see Medusa a capable of rehabilitation. As for Joker, he at least started human, and I think the law classifies him as human. Human society would never classify Medusa as human - she's either a monster, or a ruler, but never the same species or able to coexist peacefully with humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But the whole thing was poorly done, Morrison didn't really gave it the screen time it would have deserved and it was anyway poorly coordinated with Death of the Family and RHatO.
    You mean like everything in Batman Inc volume 2?

Poorly done or no, I do think that was significant in terms of Jason being massaged back into the family.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Actually, thats still canon.

I didn't mean to say it's not canon, I meant to say that he's not doing that anymore.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Some really pretty art by yellowis4happy on Tumblr

yellowis4happy.jpg

Some really pretty art by yellowis4happy on Tumblr

yellowis4happy.jpg
    thanks for the image.

BANNED

Cass is safe for at least another few months!

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/books/ba...over-exclusive

I've brought this up here before but Hill is a big fan of Cass and has said he'd love to write a series about her. This is very good news.

I've brought this up here before but Hill is a big fan of Cass and has said he'd love to write a series about her. This is very good news.
    Exciting news! (Hopefully Duke will improve with a new writer.)

Reading that, does it sound like he's the ongoing writer, or is this an interstitial arc like Shea Fontana on Wonder Woman?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Exciting news! (Hopefully Duke will improve with a new writer.)

Reading that, does it sound like he's the ongoing writer, or is this an interstitial arc like Shea Fontana on Wonder Woman?
    It SEEMS like a fill-in arc, but you never know. Like the author of the article suggests though, maybe this could be leading to a new Outsiders book. And if Hill's writing, I'd fully expect him to carry over Cass alongside Jefferson (and possibly Duke).

It SEEMS like a fill-in arc, but you never know. Like the author of the article suggests though, maybe this could be leading to a new Outsiders book. And if Hill's writing, I'd fully expect him to carry over Cass alongside Jefferson (and possibly Duke).
    Outsiders would seem to fit Duke with his powers more. And I liked Dixon with Cass on Outsiders a lot, so I'd totally be up for that.

But it does seem like it's a fill-in arc at least for Tec, even if Hill has a spin off?

BANNED

Oh, dear, don't give them ideas. They just added Green Arrow, and you KNOW Ollie's going to be a stretch goal before Steph. (STILL MAD)

I am surprised that n52 Jason was still kill-happy - I thought Bruce was working with him closely in Batman Inc, and I don't see how he could do that if Jason is still filling the duffels.
    They got to a compromise because the duffels bag thing done in UTRH was the only point he went awol and his whole journey since New52 started was to mature from that.

What a shame that D..ke is one Big obstacle for me... I will see your reviews, Assam... If you praise Cass role, I will see that..