Page 196 of 211 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3162
    BANNED

I feel like we already knew this, but we have confirmation that Tom Taylor is a fan.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...33052356780032

If Hill does right by Cass as I think he will then he should definitely get any potential solo with her, but Taylor is still one of the writers I'd most like to see get a crack at writing her.

Also reaffirmation of James Gunn being a fan.

https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/993339780992823296

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I feel like we already knew this, but we have confirmation that Tom Taylor is a fan.

If Hill does right by Cass as I think he will then he should definitely get any potential solo with her, but Taylor is still one of the writers I'd most like to see get a crack at writing her.

Always nice to see more Cass fans among comic book professionals (both in comics and movies) .

I'm curious to see if Taylor taking a crack at Cass would be different from how he handled Laura in All-New Wolverine. I guess probably the biggest difference is who he has available to guest star in the book.

And I'm glad Gunn agrees on how awesome a costume Cass had .

Mighty Member

I think Taylor could write a good Early 2000's Cass. I say Early 2000's because that's the only version I know of. I don't know anything about her New 52/Rebirth stuff and I'm scared to even find out.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    I don't know anything about her New 52/Rebirth stuff and I'm scared to even find out.
    My take: Do not view RebirthCass as the exact same character. In nearly every way, classicCass is insurmountably superior (although credit where its due to Tynion for not doing anything similar to the psychic from the original series), but if you just see RebirthCass the same way you'd see a media adaptation of a character, she's still one of the best characters in the DCU and still 'Cass'.

As far as the stories she's been in goes, you definitely shouldn't read Batman and Robin:Eternal (except for issue #13, which is pretty great) and I can't really recommend 'Tec. Cass has, usually, been one of the few characters in the book to be consistently written well and most detractors of the book tend to cite Cass and Clayface's friendship as the book's saving grace. Problem is, despite all that, she doesn't get much to do (Tim and Kate REALLY hog the panel time in the book) and of the six major arcs which have finished (the last arc has two issues to go), two have been hot garbage, two have been passable and two were almost great (including Cass's focus arc) but they were both held back by a myriad of problems, not the least of which being that both of them were set-ups for future arcs which will now never happen.

Regardless of it you read any of that though, I guess you'll be meeting RebirthCass for the first time in Hill's run.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

My take: Do not view RebirthCass as the exact same character. In nearly every way, classicCass is insurmountably superior (although credit where its due to Tynion for not doing anything similar to the psychic from the original series), but if you just see RebirthCass the same way you'd see a media adaptation of a character, she's still one of the best characters in the DCU and still 'Cass'.

As far as the stories she's been in goes, you definitely shouldn't read Batman and Robin:Eternal (except for issue #13, which is pretty great) and I can't really recommend 'Tec. Cass has, usually, been one of the few characters in the book to be consistently written well and most detractors of the book tend to cite Cass and Clayface's friendship as the book's saving grace. Problem is, despite all that, she doesn't get much to do (Tim and Kate REALLY hog the panel time in the book) and of the six major arcs which have finished (the last arc has two issues to go), two have been hot garbage, two have been passable and two were almost great (including Cass's focus arc) but they were both held back by a myriad of problems, not the least of which being that both of them were set-ups for future arcs which will now never happen.

Regardless of it you read any of that though, I guess you'll be meeting RebirthCass for the first time in Hill's run.
    A fair analysis, especially from a Cass-centric perspective. I do completely agree that Cass has been a different character since she was returned to continuity (though I think the differences are still well withing the range of what one can expect from Cass given different writers are always coming in and out). I do think Tynion's Tec has some really excellent stuff for Cass, and is generally worth reading, especially for her relationship with Basil, and for issues like #950, which like Batman and Robin Eternal #13, are a really lovely Cass solo story.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    A fair analysis, especially from a Cass-centric perspective. I do completely agree that Cass has been a different character since she was returned to continuity (though I think the differences are still well withing the range of what one can expect from Cass given different writers are always coming in and out). I do think Tynion's Tec has some really excellent stuff for Cass, and is generally worth reading, especially for her relationship with Basil, and for issues like #950, which like Batman and Robin Eternal #13, are a really lovely Cass solo story.
    What was Cassandra personality like in Post-Crisis anyway?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

I'm okay...I'm okay.

amazing 2.jpg

amazing 1.jpg

amazing 3.jpg

I can breath.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

BANNED

I'm okay...I'm okay.

amazing 2.jpg

amazing 1.jpg

amazing 3.jpg

I can breath.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    Long overdue if you asked me.

I'm okay...I'm okay.

amazing 2.jpg

amazing 1.jpg

amazing 3.jpg

I can breath.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    Is it wrong I got teary eyed when I saw those panels in real life just now????

Quote Originally Posted by assam View Post
    i feel like we already knew this, but we have confirmation that tom taylor is a fan.

https://twitter.com/tomtaylormade/st...33052356780032

if hill does right by cass as i think he will then he should definitely get any potential solo with her, but taylor is still one of the writers i'd most like to see get a crack at writing her.

Also reaffirmation of james gunn being a fan.

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/993339780992823296
    good signal.

I'm okay...I'm okay.

amazing 2.jpg

amazing 1.jpg

amazing 3.jpg

I can breath.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    I liked this even more than I expected.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Tom's work on All New Wolverine and X-men Red would be a shoe in to write for Cass. I would have loved to have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentimpotent View Post
    Is it wrong I got teary eyed when I saw those panels in real life just now????
    If it's wrong, I don't want to be right.

EDIT: References to prior Cass moments. I recognised them straight away.
    bg.jpg
    Last edited by StonedVolus; 05-09-2018 at 04:31 PM.

BANNED

IF ANYTHING IS TO COME FROM DOOMSDAY CLOCK, Then let Cass regain her position in the Batman family. I would love to see her more included in these Batman family moments.

Astonishing Member

About the only bit I found odd in the Cass splash was joking about her "Orphan" codename. Isn't that well, just a codename because her dad was an "Orphan" too codename wise? That's what someone's told me before anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StonedVolus View Post
    If it's wrong, I don't want to be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by StonedVolus View Post
    I recognized them straight away.
    bg.jpg
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    About the only bit I found odd in the Cass splash was joking about her "Orphan" codename. Isn't that well, just a codename because her dad was an "Orphan" too codename wise? That's what someone's told me before anyway.
    Its been explained a few times, primarily in #950, that the codename, to her, has really been about how alone she feels in the world.

I look forward to never seeing her referred to by that name again after #981.