Page 2 of 211 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I like the "Lady Shiva is her mother" aspect of her background. However, since Shiva is so much younger in the New 52, her being Cass's older sister or something like that could also work fine.

Cass was my favorite Batgirl, and I'd love to see more of her as Black Bat...

Tim & Cass

Astonishing Member

I adore Cassandra. I dislike the name Black Bat; I really dislike the costume. She looks like she's dressed in rags!

I know she can't return as Batgirl but I hope she isn't Black Bat. Why would she be? She has no connection to Batman now.

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I adore Cassandra. I dislike the name Black Bat; I really dislike the costume. She looks like she's dressed in rags!

I know she can't return as Batgirl but I hope she isn't Black Bat. Why would she be? She has no connection to Batman now.
    Well when she comes back eventually she most likely will.

"Cassandra Cain: Black Bat July 2014" fan art by Thomas Branch, branch56.tumblr.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think BLACK BAT fits her well. I'd rather she was BATGIRL, but I can settle. Just give her a damn solo!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    "Cassandra Cain: Black Bat July 2014" fan art by Thomas Branch, branch56.tumblr.com
    I saw that picture on deviantart. It's beautiful.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I think BLACK BAT fits her well. I'd rather she was BATGIRL, but I can settle. Just give her a damn solo!
    I am tired of series that get cancelled.

How about a backup feature in Blackwing? Do both of them good. If the artist and/or writer chosen for her don't cut it, other combination can be tried for her seires.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    I've never seen this one before, but that is absolutely beautiful.

Cassandra is one of my favorite comic book characters ever. She has such a unique upbringing and way of perceiving the world that she's endlessly fascinating. Unfortunately, she's also an easy character to screw up if a writer doesn't fully understand her. For that reason, I actually don't mind that she hasn't yet appeared in the New52 universe; I'd rather have her absent than mishandled.

If nobody minds a fanfiction link: I've even been writing a Batgirl fanfic series starring Cassandra. It takes place in a rebooted shared-continuity DC universe in which Batman's been active for five years, Superman recently debuted, superheroes are starting to become public, and Cassandra Cain happens to be in a position of becoming the first Batgirl. The Batgirl series can be read here, along with links to the rest of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    I'm not too keen on Black Bat, but my god, yes. That's gorgeous. Put this in my life, DC.

This thread makes it clear that Cassandra Cain has easily the best fan art around her.

Tim Drake has the worst.

Extraordinary Member

Well, yeah.

Cass is a female hero in the same type as Korra. She's a badass warrior of unspeakable awesome who also happens to be (to quote Tim) "smoking." Her fanbase runs the gamut, but just about everyone respects her as a warrior and fighter first and foremost. Tim's supposed to be the more relateable geek who just happens to be a good fighter. Cass is one of a kind. Tim depends on the details to highlight his awesome.

That, and the majority of Tim's fanart seems to be drawn by fan girls focused on how attractive he is. Or their the shippers.

Ultimate Member

Since I seriously doubt that DC will give Cass her own solo book anytime soon (unfortunately), I propose another possibility. A Black Bat and Spoiler team-up book. Come on, Cass and Steph work great as friends and they'd balance each other out well. Plus, you could combine the fanbases and thus boost sales. Heck, throw Bluebird and Carrie Kelly in there and make it "Birds of Prey-teen edition."