Page 201 of 211 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3162
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    n52 batgirl was dark because the circumstances of gotham was dark but babs was infantilised and had all the development she had during her oracle stint erased
    But she was not written "as quirky and upbeat as possible" that really started with Burnside, before she was way more mature, and her trauma from Killing Joke was still was iirc also not ignored, and was imo more present than in the later stories of the pre flashpoint BoP.
    Last edited by Aahz; 05-18-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Coming in late; I just got Detective 980. And more than ever, I want next issue to end with Cassandra and Stephanie with the bat emblem on their costumes. In Cass' case, consider it the payoff to the “not an orphan, but family” line in this issue; and pair it with a codename change.

After that, how about a new Birds of Prey series centering around Babs, Dinah, Helena, Cassandra, and Stephanie?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I don't think I'd complain if Cass [especially] wound up with the Bat-symbol again but I lean more to wanting that to be a slower burn. Is anyone even trying to teach her how to read, yet? Basil gave her a book of Shakespeare but how well can she read it? I think (I think?) it's been pretty well established that Bruce really hasn't been spending much time around her. I'd like to see her around the Manor (and Alfred) and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Cass put Damian on the floor a few more times. So casual.

I think I prefer Stephanie as Spoiler and more of a scrapper/striver, not necessarily with the symbol, though I wouldn't complain about that either. Honestly, I'm not particular where they end up, or with whom, I just want them around and visible with loads of badassery and character growth; and I want the friendship between Cass and Steph to be an ongoing thing. That was hardly explored and I hope it's not dropped.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post

After that, how about a new Birds of Prey series centering around Babs, Dinah, Helena, Cassandra, and Stephanie?
    Sounds good to me, but I'm just hoping she's in any other book alongside Outsiders. Not that we're in a position to be picky, but I don't want Duke to be the only Bat she regularly interacts with.

Quote Originally Posted by dsjericho View Post
    I don't think I'd complain if Cass [especially] wound up with the Bat-symbol again but I lean more to wanting that to be a slower burn.
    Its been almost 3 years since she came back. I'd say things have moved slow enough.

Quote Originally Posted by dsjericho View Post
    Is anyone even trying to teach her how to read, yet? Basil gave her a book of Shakespeare but how well can she read it? I think (I think?) it's been pretty well established that Bruce really hasn't been spending much time around her. I'd like to see her around the Manor (and Alfred) and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Cass put Damian on the floor a few more times. So casual.
    She still can't read at all as far as we know. In regards to Bruce not spending time with her, that's mostly correct and it was something he was called out on at the start of the current arc. At this point she's living at the manor and she's seemingly getting sent to school with Duke.

How the hell is she supposed to go to public school if she can't read? She's a teenager, not a kindergartener.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How the hell is she supposed to go to public school if she can't read? She's a teenager, not a kindergartener.
    Schools have special ed programs. A private school like Gotham Academy, especially if Bruce Wayne invested money into it, would be likely to have a damn good one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Schools have special ed programs. A private school like Gotham Academy, especially if Bruce Wayne invested money into it, would be likely to have a damn good one.
    It's also generally true that Cass has always been portrayed as being able to understand whatever she's told, even if she struggles to respond verbally herself. As an educator, she wouldn't be that far off from a student with dyslexia, and her current form in the comics (and her latter day portrayal before Flashpoint) is still usually able to make herself understood, so while she'd need help with language arts, her work ethic and displayed intelligence probably mean she'd be fine in the other three core classes (I'm not sure exactly how her particular disability would impact low level symbol reading regarding numbers, but she doesn't seem to suffer from outright Dyscalculia).

And we've seen she's got a talent for the arts, especially in regards to theater and dancing. Current Cass is apparently enough of a natural mimic to memorize entire passages of Shakespeare from listening, which while perhaps over the top, could be the result of her brain compensating for a lack of regualr language skills with increased memory capacity (as in her physical capabilities) but applied to non-combat contexts.

I'm teaching an ESL student with a learning disability, and her work ethic and eagerness to learn have got her performing equal to my other students in my history class. Cass can't be *that* far behind.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    It's also generally true that Cass has always been portrayed as being able to understand whatever she's told, even if she struggles to respond verbally herself. As an educator, she wouldn't be that far off from a student with dyslexia, and her current form in the comics (and her latter day portrayal before Flashpoint) is still usually able to make herself understood, so while she'd need help with language arts, her work ethic and displayed intelligence probably mean she'd be fine in the other three core classes (I'm not sure exactly how her particular disability would impact low level symbol reading regarding numbers, but she doesn't seem to suffer from outright Dyscalculia).

And we've seen she's got a talent for the arts, especially in regards to theater and dancing. Current Cass is apparently enough of a natural mimic to memorize entire passages of Shakespeare from listening, which while perhaps over the top, could be the result of her brain compensating for a lack of regualr language skills with increased memory capacity (as in her physical capabilities) but applied to non-combat contexts.

I'm teaching an ESL student with a learning disability, and her work ethic and eagerness to learn have got her performing equal to my other students in my history class. Cass can't be *that* far behind.
    All very good points. Given all of that, with the proper support, social issues aside, her biggest problem with school would likely just be having to sit through the classes which didn't interest her at all.

Also, my utmost kudos to you dude. You are doing amazing and highly under valued work.

Batdad and Batdaughter
    ninalinovna

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Batdad and Batdaughter
    ninalinovna
    Bruce kind of looks like Dick here...

Quote Originally Posted by redbird View Post

batdad and batdaughter
    ninalinovna
    good image.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

Batdad and Batdaughter
    ninalinovna
    You know if it wasn't for that title underneath it I would have thought the man in the picture was Conner Kent.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

epitomime on Tumblr/Twitter

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Great moment...but all the more reason I'm profoundly disappointed by her still being called 'Orphan' in the 'Tec #987 solicit. I was so sure it was gone.