Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211 LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3162
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Birds of Prey isn't the only thing coming up... Cass is Batgirl in DC Ink too, with Babs as Oracle. Got to wonder now if they'll go back to the 2000s status quo in the mainline comics too.

https://www.newsarama.com/40919-new-...-line-ups.html
    That's quite exciting!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I agree that DC clearly had powerful writers and editors who hated Cass from 2005-2015, but I don't think it's clear anymore. Cass's part in Tec is one of the most popular things in Rebirth, I think.
    The only reason that she was brought back at all, is that Scott Snyder is currently one of the writters at DC with more "power" what he says pretty much goes...and hes a big fan of Cass, so is his friend James Tynion (who made her return happen), and so was the Bat-group editor Mark Doyle who some belive was put in there thanks to Snyder...we'll see from here on...although its possible that they wont bench her even if she sells good (something that i can totally see them doing), because the playfield is now leveled with some major writters that are Cass fans.

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    The only reason that she was brought back at all, is that Scott Snyder is currently one of the writters at DC with more "power" what he says pretty much goes...and hes a big fan of Cass, so is his friend James Tynion (who made her return happen), and so was the Bat-group editor Mark Doyle who some belive was put in there thanks to Snyder...we'll see from here on...although its possible that they wont bench her even if she sells good (something that i can totally see them doing), because the playfield is now leveled with some major writters that are Cass fans.
    I mean, I still have a huge bias against Tomasi for his role in Evil Cass, but he did include her in the Super Sons/Dynomutt special. And even though Didio is still around, making some trouble, he's also not actively interfering in the titles where Cass shows up, and the fact that she's showing up in the Ink/Zoom lineup is a big sign that DC's higher brass isn't as obsessive about destroying Cass as they were. Giving an imprint that's very high profile and designed to reach new readers (thus first impressions) a Cass story is pretty big, I think.

So I think there are still some people at DC who have clearly shown they don't like Cass (namely Didio and Tomasi), but there's evidence that they may be changing in their attitudes (through the Super Sons special and Ink/Zoom).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Birds of Prey isn't the only thing coming up... Cass is Batgirl in DC Ink too, with Babs as Oracle. Got to wonder now if they'll go back to the 2000s status quo in the mainline comics too.

https://www.newsarama.com/40919-new-...-line-ups.html
    Awesome !

I mean, it's one thing to have in a movie, but here we have DC releasing a book for younger readers with her actually attached to the Batgirl mantle .

Is it surreal to anyone else that a few weeks ago we had no clear indication on where Cass would be after Hill's run and just hoped she would continue to be in Tec and an Outsiders series if that happened? Now she will be in a movie and book for YA.....truly amazing. Hopefully this isnt all a dream....

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omnipotentimpotent View Post
    Is it surreal to anyone else that a few weeks ago we had no clear indication on where Cass would be after Hill's run and just hoped she would continue to be in Tec and an Outsiders series if that happened? Now she will be in a movie and book for YA.....truly amazing. Hopefully this isnt all a dream....
    I keep hoping that she will be in the rumored Outssiders book. Id for sure get it for her
    X-Men Forever

Incredible Member

I mean, I still have a huge bias against Tomasi for his role in Evil Cass, but he did include her in the Super Sons/Dynomutt special. And even though Didio is still around, making some trouble, he's also not actively interfering in the titles where Cass shows up, and the fact that she's showing up in the Ink/Zoom lineup is a big sign that DC's higher brass isn't as obsessive about destroying Cass as they were. Giving an imprint that's very high profile and designed to reach new readers (thus first impressions) a Cass story is pretty big, I think.

So I think there are still some people at DC who have clearly shown they don't like Cass (namely Didio and Tomasi), but there's evidence that they may be changing in their attitudes (through the Super Sons special and Ink/Zoom).

Hum...maybe...or maybe, they just dont have all of the power anymore...i mean, they still have power, but they might not want to piss-off a major writer or 2...either way, things are looking good now

i didnt knew that she appeared on super-sons, did she had a meaningfull participation on that story?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I keep hoping that she will be in the rumored Outssiders book. Id for sure get it for her
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    Hum...maybe...or maybe, they just dont have all of the power anymore...i mean, they still have power, but they might not want to piss-off a major writer or 2...either way, things are looking good now

i didnt knew that she appeared on super-sons, did she had a meaningfull participation on that story?
    No, it was just one panel, as part of Batman's worldwide agents. And it was in the Dynomutt crossover special, so I doubt it's actually in continuity.

No, it was just one panel, as part of Batman's worldwide agents. And it was in the Dynomutt crossover special, so I doubt it's actually in continuity.
    Who knows, they could have been put there by the artist himself :P

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    Who knows, they could have been put there by the artist himself :P
    Maybe, but I can't remember Pasarin working on a Cass title before.

Info on the DC Ink Cass book:

Cassandra Cain will have a dark, coming of age story. This will be a heartfelt, character driven coming of age story.

For the Batgirl book - it's a retelling of her origin story. It's about finding her family.

It will explore the female relationships in Cassandra's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pretty exciting! I hope that "relationships" means more than one (just Babs), and includes Steph as Spoiler...

Pretty exciting! I hope that "relationships" means more than one (just Babs), and includes Steph as Spoiler...
    It probably depends on who from Cass's history they want to include, but honestly one of my first thoughts was Shiva considering the premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It probably depends on who from Cass's history they want to include, but honestly one of my first thoughts was Shiva considering the premise.
    Could be three, though! Shiva would be a pretty good villain, and deserves more attention.