Page 33 of 211 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Are you sure? How do we know?
    Not sure, we don't "know" anything about the peripheral characters. Cassandra could be Shiva's mom now too, it's just unlikely. It'd be a waste to throw away the work done with Shiva's character, good or bad, for just a retread of a relationship with a character, only featured in a book where Shiva definitely won't appear.

Are you sure? How do we know?
    Tom DeFalco says that they were both teenagers when they met: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/08...ightwing-13-14

On the other hand, it's Tom DeFalco.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Tom DeFalco says that they were both teenagers when they met: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/08...ightwing-13-14

On the other hand, it's Tom DeFalco.
    But until it's actually written in a book, we really don't know. We don't know hardly anything about this new Cass
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Still, it might be too soon for yet another lovechild between Bruce and an assassin.

But until it's actually written in a book, we really don't know. We don't know hardly anything about this new Cass
    Just that she's listed among orphans who parents are supposedly killed by Mother's crownies and Lady Shiva, if nothing else, seems to be alive.

It is written in a book after all. It's Tom DeFalco, but here you go.

Extraordinary Member

Okay, forgive me for being the English teacher I'm employed as, but her response there is ambiguously worded in such a way that it doesn't clearly agree with Nightwing's supposition.

Plus it was a bad comic and a weaponized ponytail shouldn't count as "work done with the character." The stuff Dixon, O'Neill, and Simone did was work done on the character.

And what do you guys think of the theory on the B&R:E thread that Cass is going to be revealed as a secret apprentice Batman tried to put on the right path some time in the past? I actually like it.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Incredible Member

That would be cool and leaves the store open.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Okay, forgive me for being the English teacher I'm employed as, but her response there is ambiguously worded in such a way that it doesn't clearly agree with Nightwing's supposition.

Plus it was a bad comic and a weaponized ponytail shouldn't count as "work done with the character." The stuff Dixon, O'Neill, and Simone did was work done on the character.

And what do you guys think of the theory on the B&R:E thread that Cass is going to be revealed as a secret apprentice Batman tried to put on the right path some time in the past? I actually like it.
    One of the creepy possessed kids told Dick that Batman "threw [him] away" and "upgraded to the new model". My guess is that Cass is that "new model" that Bruce rescued in secret, presumably after Dick left as Nightwing.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Thanks. I misread his post and thought he said Cass was Dick's age
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Does anyone know how cases got her body reading ability and how it works
    The closest thing I have seen to it was Blossom from PPG

Also I JSUT understood her name meaning foreteller, and she can perceive people movements lol

Extraordinary Member

If you're new, the original idea behind Cass's skills wa Stuart her father David raised her without any verbal input, instead focusing from birth on physical combat. As a result, Cass's brain was wired to the point where the language sections of her brain were focused on interpreting body language. She later had this changed a bit, so she could talk laconically and just barely read but could still read body language.

Currently, we don't know for the new version of her.

I did love how they displayed it here. Those were actually great POV shots, especially on the specific muscle clusters that could be read.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

One of the creepy possessed kids told Dick that Batman "threw [him] away" and "upgraded to the new model". My guess is that Cass is that "new model" that Bruce rescued in secret, presumably after Dick left as Nightwing.
    I really like where this is going. I hope they don't mess up this concept (assuming at least part of this theory is correct), hopefully they have Dick accept her as one of the family (he is their leader now), and maybe we can get a brother-sister relationship between Dick and Cass (Dick has a couple brothers, no real sisters unless they push Donna enough. Plus, Dick talks a lot, Cass barely talks, and if written write, I bet it could be hilarious).

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't agree with Nightwing, who is the one wondering about it in the first place. She hides her face, she builds up a reputation, both can be used to deceive. How people gather from this that she also artificially deaged herself a year or twenty I do not understand.

But what you are suggesting is that all of it is thrown out for the sake of work done with Shiva in this comic. Which is nothing.

I'm a bit tired of Batman's unneccesary secrets for that he is immediately remorseful about when someone else reveals it to the Batfamily for him.

Ultimate Member

I love how Nightwing's clunky dialogue assures us that Shiva cannot possibly be over thirty.

Really dodged a bullet!

*cough*