Page 37 of 211 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Its also "racist" that she is the bets martial artist because she is asian.
    Who says it's just because she's asian? She still had to train :P

And I was going for a joke there (but i felt it was still was too much on the nose)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    It is still kind of a clichéd that she as one Asian Batfamily Character is all about Martial Arts, while the rest has a much broader skill set.

Well. That's awful.

BANNED

It is still kind of a clichéd that she as one Asian Batfamily Character is all about Martial Arts, while the rest has a much broader skill set.
    Nah there is still Steph.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by heyevaxx View Post
    Oh wow, bat_girl_cc, this is quite a list! I added some commentaries to provide another Cass fanatic's view of each feat. I looked up all of these to be sure I was on the mark. And I agree that old Cass could level up with some pretty amazing super-powered fighters.

- Batgirl #3 "batgirl meets meta" - after a long fight, Cass finally puts down a meta-human that had made short work out of Batman;
    The meta (big, strong, tough) had ripped the chest of Batman's suit with the logo off him. The meta came out of the building trying to kill a kid Cass was protecting. Massive fight, the meta went down, Bats appears, and Cass falls over spent from the fight. Bats might have been stunned or knocked out for a minute at the most. Plus, while Cass defeated the meta she was spent.

- Batgirl #18 - Cass dodges several bullets after they were fired in front of Tim Drake who can't belive what he's seeing;
    True. 2 short range bullet dodges with Cass facing the gunman.

- Batgirl #33 - Cass ko's a meta-human with one single punch;
    True but the meta (looks normal but is ultra tough) was waking up from being knocked out by Bats. It wasn't exactly a fight though Cass was instructed by Bats to "hit him hard enough to crush a normal human skull". Which she did as soon as the guy stood up. And what a punch! His head smashed a hole in a brick wall behind him. It was a mighty blow but I wouldn't call it a fight.

- Batgirl #34 - Cass literally out-paces a bullet, as she beats the projectil to its mark;
    Yes, and like I said above, Cass is not meta, she's not an alien, and she not a God (New or Old). I can take bullet dodging and micro-Flash speed feats, like fast punches. But macro-speed stuff like sprinting 12 feet at 1000 miles per hour... I don't get it. This is Cass' one great feat that I just kinda roll my eyes at.

- Batgirl #45 - Cass easly puts down a meta-human that throwing cars around like if they were ping-pong balls, with one pressure-point;
    False! It was at least 10 car throwing metas! A riot of Soul drug users is happening and one of them picks a 4 door car completely overhead and throws it at Tim. Cass awkwardly tackles Tim saving his life but there are 10 Soul users surrounding them. Next page: 10 Soul users are knocked out and Cass' outfit is torn and a sleeve is ripped off. So Cass was touched (a lot!) but she got the job done with super strong and probably tough meta-like humans. Plus she saved Tim's life twice in a couple of pages.

- Batgirl #49 - 50 drugged people were beating Robin down, Cass came in and put them all to sleep in a few seconds, it was so fast that Robin didn't even saw anything;
    50?! I counted 8 on the bus. Tim had been stunned and Cass leaped in like a whirlwind putting them all down. Tim later said it was a "mob" and in a few seconds they were all down. Tim was knocked down during those seconds so it makes sense he didn't see anything. It might have been more than 8 but I don't know about 50. It was still amazing none the less.

- Batgirl anual #1 - Cass runs as a blur;
    True but it's kinda nutty since she's not the Flash. Again, fighting fast and running as a blur or faster than a bullet are very different in my book. Plus, Cassie's annual was barely about her which is too bad.

- Batman and the outsiders #8 - Cass solos the chinese military;
    Heheh, it wasn't "the Chinese military". She disarmed or pantsed 24 soldiers so fast they couldn't get a shot off. She ended with her sword at the Chinese general's throat and she said "No guns." Classic Cass! She was using Katana's sword which no doubt helped since it's magical, super sharp, etc. Still, she was very awesome in this scene.

- Supergirl #63 - "the best medicine" - Supergirl had just got stomped by a bizarro version of Supergirl, Cass came in and defeated Bizarro Supergirl easly in close-combat by dodging all of her attacks and caused her to basically eletrocute herself.
    True though Bizarro Supergirl gave up the fight so she could keep electrocuting herself for fun cause she's so Bizarro. Still, Cass shined against a super.

- Superboy #85 - "silent, but deadly" - Cass broke through Superboy's force field with a smack to his face, and he stated that no one had ever did it before.
    I don't know what happened here! I'm guessing that Kon was blabbering so much and Cass was being so stoic and quiet that he was "off" and his powers weren't working right. Plus, he may have had some teenage boy hormones pumping that could have put him off his game. No matter the reason though, she did hit him as she said "Focus". And it happened in the Superboy title too so it wasn't even Cass' own title where she did this. Pretty cool.

- Batgirl #41 - Superboy gets ragdolled by a skyscrapper sized monster, and Cass gets grabbed by the monster and just punches him hard and he colapses to the ground.
    Skyscraper, really? Yes, it was a BIG alien but more like 40-100 feet in diameter. Still, this was quiet a feat. She sized up where to hit it as hard as she could to stun it. Plus, her body reading picked up that it really wasn't evil but just... lonely. Very nice issue.

- Supergirl 2007 special - Cass overwhelmed Supergirl and could have killed her, but some plot-device cristals randomly came out of Supergirls body and stabbed Cass, although on that instance Supergirl was weakned by the red solar radiation swords that Cass was wearing.
    Oh wow, bat_girl_cc, you're actually going there! Yes, EvilCass captured and badly tortured a friend of Supergirl's to lure her to a trap. Diamond dust and red radiation helped Cass though Supergirl did manage to land one kick on Cass. I can only imagine that SG wasn't kicking full force and/or Cass was already moving away when the kick landed. Cass did some more dodging and eventually had the swords at SG's throat when the crystals spiked into Cass from SG's wounds. A freaky EvilCass fight. But the art looked great!
    - Lol, i felt like being nice, and for other people reading this not feel bad about their favs not being this capable, i only mentioned 1 meta xD
    - They were 50, it was stated by either Babs or Tim (i think it was Tim), and later on the issue, Tim told Bruce that it happened so fast that he didn't even saw anything, it happened all in a few seconds.
    - Not only the flash, can run as a blur, he's kinda overrated actually xD
    - Yup, i mean, she didn't beat every single chinese guy in the militar all at once, that would be thousands of people...but she did beat a bunch of them, got to the General and forced the others to surrender, even if it were like 100 or 200 guys, they would have to surrender all of the same.
    - Well, sky-scrapper its just my interpretation of it, Cass looked no bigger in comparrison to that monster than a fly would look at my feet, and i'm 6' ft tal.
    - Yup, i no, its not from the best time of old Cass, but i just felt like mentioning it, i mean, even a bad-written and often jobbing Cass is still over-the-top capabillitites wise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post

And I was going for a joke there (but i felt it was still was too much on the nose)
    Actually, her mother was personally hand-picked by her father, and he caused her to kill her own older sister to get better...then Cass was born and she wasn't taught how to talk or read, instead only taught how to fight and read body-language, she was also beat up and pretty much tortured with her father going as far as shotting her all over her body to enhance her pain-tolerance, and later train her agillity and speed.

Incredible Member

There are 2 types of characters:

- the ones that are good at everything, but not the best at anything, or even close to it on most cases.
    - and the ones that are actually the best at something, or very close to it.
    XD

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    Actually, her mother was personally hand-picked by her father, and he caused her to kill her own older sister to get better...then Cass was born and she wasn't taught how to talk or read, instead only taught how to fight and read body-language, she was also beat up and pretty much tortured with her father going as far as shotting her all over her body to enhance her pain-tolerance, and later train her agillity and speed.
    Trust me, I know her story really well. What I said was it wasn't the genes that gave her those punches, kicks and nerve strikes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat_girl_cc View Post
    Actually, her mother was personally hand-picked by her father, and he caused her to kill her own older sister to get better...
    This is New 52 Cass then, I assume?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post

Well. That's awful.
    Scary.

Especially, the mask.

Anyone have any clue what Cass' new moniker is?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Anyone have any clue what Cass' new moniker is?
    we find out tomorrow

This is so nice to see!

Tom King ‏@TomKingTK 10:26 AM - 29 Mar 2016
    Cassandra will be a featured player in Detective, and as a part of the family she’ll appear throughout the line.

FunkIsItsOwnReward @commonlybill
    @Ssnyder1835 @TomKingTK will cassandra cain be in either of your books? looking forward to both. mr. king, sheriff is a beast. amazing.

https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/714820908779577344

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Did they kill that imposter who stole Cassandra's spot in the Dynamic Trio for New 52?

Hate her so much. That annoying Mary Sue.

Cassandra is half-Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post

Well. That's awful.
    Ears.

Bat ears.

thats it!
    thats the only thing that is missing from this design to be, not good but at least passable.

I think there is still enough time to go to the drawing board.