Page 67 of 211 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Yeeeeeeah, just one tiny problem:

SHE'S USING SWORDS AND SEEMINGLY KILLING PEOPLE!!!

Yes, we've seen her use his swords before (against Ravager in her own book and against a group of soldiers in BatO), but it was made very clear in those books that she was careful to make everyone stayed alive. If that isn't the case here, I will NEVER see this as the real Cass.
    If she's doing it in self defense or defense of others, it may not be too bad. As long as they show she's not getting off it like Beechen's abomination, I'll be good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If she's doing it in self defense or defense of others, it may not be too bad. As long as they show she's not getting off it like Beechen's abomination, I'll be good.
    NO! Other heroes killing in self-defense? Fine. But NOT Cass. She has the strongest "no kill" code of any character in the DCU.

Any one of those assassins is dead? Tynion's as dead to me as Beechen.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I really don't think Cass is killing anyone at all.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really don't think Cass is killing anyone at all.
    I hope you're right.

The placement of some of those swords was...disturbing to say the least, given Cass' traditional stance against killing, but either they were non-lethal blows that weren't conveyed as well as they could have been or the League of Shadows's rank and file aren't exactly "human" so she's not taking any actual lives.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The placement of some of those swords was...disturbing to say the least, given Cass' traditional stance against killing, but either they were non-lethal blows that weren't conveyed as well as they could have been or the League of Shadows's rank and file aren't exactly "human" so she's not taking any actual lives.
    Zombie Ninjas!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I hope Tynion understands the LAST thing Cass-fans want to see is her killing people. Cass who used to take shots from an assault rifle to prevent her enemies getting hit in the crossfire.

I admit to being behind in reading and not fully understanding/living through the history of Cass. I've recently caught up on the last 10 or so issues of Detective and I think its my favorite book now. Cass is slowly becoming my favorite character..I was curious what do people think of her outfit and name "Orphan"? I read the wiki and looked on line..just curious what people think. If there was one TPB you could read about Cass…what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by btmarine23 View Post
    I was curious what do people think of her outfit and name "Orphan"?
    I like it a lot more than most do, but I'd agree it's not the best. But it makes sense why she chose it, and makes it all the more meaningful if she changes her name after the current arc, since it would no longer apply to her on two levels.

I like her outfit even more than her name. It's evocative of her Batgirl design without copying it, and the basic form looks like a plausible training uniform, which based on flashbacks, it was.
    Last edited by Caivu; 04-12-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

I admit to being behind in reading and not fully understanding/living through the history of Cass. I've recently caught up on the last 10 or so issues of Detective and I think its my favorite book now. Cass is slowly becoming my favorite character..I was curious what do people think of her outfit and name "Orphan"? I read the wiki and looked on line..just curious what people think. If there was one TPB you could read about Cass…what would it be?
    Speaking as Cass's number 1 fan, I'm happy to hear you're growing to like her so much.

While the name makes sense, I still don't like her "Orphan". She'll always just be "Cass" in my head, but "Orphan" is really bad for building her brand. I don't like the suit either.

As for the single trade, there's really only one option in terms of where to start: Batgirl Vol 1: Silent Knight. It collects the first 12 issues of her solo book, plus an annual, and while these aren't the best issues of her book, those come in the 2nd and 3rd volumes of her solo, THIS is where you start if you want to become a real Cass fan.

NOTE: Her solo book was not where she originated. She first appeared during No Man's Land. Her appearances there are great, but you really can start with issue #1 of her solo without any trouble.

BANNED

This messageboard thread for Batgirl Cassandra Cain, the same one from way back in 2002 or 2003 where her outfit was all black with a stitched up mouth for the mask? I love the old comic. It had and still has some good moments in some of the old issues that I still have.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Given that in JLA: Elite, old school Cassandra Cain was 'pressure pointing' people with swords so that their hearts stopped but they remained alive for 24 hours (waaaaat), it's certainly possible this version is using non-lethal blows.

I'm okay with the outfit (it's a little generic, but that's fine), but don't like the mask. Orphan...I don't like the name.

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    As for the single trade, there's really only one option in terms of where to start: Batgirl Vol 1: Silent Knight. It collects the first 12 issues of her solo book, plus an annual, and while these aren't the best issues of her book, those come in the 2nd and 3rd volumes of her solo, THIS is where you start if you want to become a real Cass fan.
    Pretty much what he said. Collect all of her old TPB - Silent Running, A Knight Alone, Death Wish, Fists of Fury (less necessary), Kicking Assassins, and Destruction's Daughter.

Might be good to pick up her crossover TPB with Robin as well: Fresh Blood.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Pretty much what he said. Collect all of her old TPB - Silent Running, A Knight Alone, Death Wish, Fists of Fury (less necessary), Kicking Assassins, and Destruction's Daughter.

Might be good to pick up her crossover TPB with Robin as well: Fresh Blood.
    Getting the old trades really isn't necessary anymore. The entire Puckett run has been collected in just 3 trades in the past couple years, and hopefully, the Horrocks and Gabrych runs will be coming soon.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Really?

Dammit. Need to get that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

punkcass.jpg

A lot of people seem to like Cass as a punk.