Page 71 of 211 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3162

Tynion just confirmed on twitter that Cass is staying on the team after this arc! in case any of you were nervous

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Tynion just confirmed on twitter that Cass is staying on the team after this arc! in case any of you were nervous
    Even though we kind of knew this already from his recent interview, this is still really nice to hear. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Also, its probably just a matter of the arc now almost being over, but I think we might have worn him down. Myself, several other people I know, and no doubt many others had asked him on Twitter about this before.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I was right!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Tynion confirmed on Twitter that everyone Cass has beaten up is still alive...with that concern gone...

I'M GOING TO ENJOY TOMORROW'S FIGHT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    Tynion confirmed on Twitter that everyone Cass has beaten up is still alive...with that concern gone...

I'M GOING TO ENJOY TOMORROW'S FIGHT!!!
    I just want to say...

I KNEW IT! I knew Cass wouldn't kill anyone! Never crossed my mind for a second!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I just want to say...

I KNEW IT! I knew Cass wouldn't kill anyone! Never crossed my mind for a second!
    You had more faith in Tynion than I did. With this, the usual high quality of his writing, and the fact that he's not continuing the cycle of rotating the team, even if there are still lots of problems with his writing, he's earned the benefit of the doubt from me. Three cheers for Tynion!

OK, so it's 12:07 AM my time, and I only buy my comics physically. I really don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep knowing what's awaiting me in the morning.

You had more faith in Tynion than I did. With this, the usual high quality of his writing, and the fact that he's not continuing the cycle of rotating the team, even if there are still lots of problems with his writing, he's earned the benefit of the doubt from me. Three cheers for Tynion!

OK, so it's 12:07 AM my time, and I only buy my comics physically. I really don't think I'm gonna be able to sleep knowing what's awaiting me in the morning.
    What can I say? He's made some mistakes, but I think he's one of the best writers DC currently has going for them!

BANNED

What can I say? He's made some mistakes, but I think he's one of the best writers DC currently has going for them!
    Flaws and all, and aided by the fact that without him, we might not have gotten Cass and Steph back in any form, he's definitely somewhere in my top 10 current DC writers.

Flaws and all, and aided by the fact that without him, we might not have gotten Cass and Steph back in any form, he's definitely somewhere in my top 10 current DC writers.

So, does anyone think that the narration this week feels satisfyingly like an homage to the narration of #73?

BANNED

'Tec #955...

I've made it no secret that I generally have some issues with how Tynion writes Cass. However, given the current situation and factors at play, I think he finally got her right! For the first time in a LONG, LONG time, I felt like this was a book where I was hearing Cass, and not how a writer thinks she talks, AND its kinda opened my eyes to more of what Tynion was going with for her voice, not necessarily from the start, but in this arc.

The narration was really nice and fit with the themes really well, and I hope Christine is kept around, potentially as a supporting character for when Cass is put in a solo or a smaller team.

Throw in Takara's GORGEOUS art, strong writing as a whole (something that matters much more to be than action), and a pretty damn good fight scene (although I'll always argue more stylized art is better for Cass fight scenes than realistic art), I think this beats out 'Te950 as my favorite single issue from DC since the Rebirth one-shot.

Also, ORPHAN IS GONE! YES! I KNEW IT!

Also, also: When did Shiva's sister get into novel writing?
    Last edited by Assam; 04-26-2017 at 05:47 AM.

'Tec #955...

I've made it no secret that I generally have some issues with how Tynion writes Cass. However, given the current situation and factors at play, I think he finally got her right! For the first time in a LONG, LONG time, I felt like this was a book where I was hearing Cass, and not how a writer thinks she talks, AND its kinda opened my eyes to more of what Tynion was going with for her voice, not necessarily from the start, but in this arc.

The narration was really nice and fit with the themes really well, and I hope Christine is kept around, potentially as a supporting character for when Cass is put in a solo or a smaller team.

Throw in Takara's GORGEOUS art, strong writing as a whole (something that matters much more to be than action), and a pretty damn good fight scene (although I'll always argue more stylized art is better for Cass fight scenes than realistic art), I think this beats out 'Te950 as my favorite single issue from DC since the Rebirth one-shot.

Also, ORPHAN IS GONE! YES! I KNEW IT!

Also, also: When did Shiva's sister get into novel writing?
    So glad you also enjoyed it! I was very moved rereading it (first time I was focusing too much on the whole "what happened" things to react emotionally).

Totally missed the writer of Christine's story - I tried to read it, but couldn't quite make it out.

Over/under on Cass decided to take the name "Shadow" now?

BANNED

Over/under on Cass decided to take the name "Shadow" now?
    "Shadow" is still generic, and the name of a classic pulp hero of course, and while I wouldn't mind "ShadowBat" at all, there would obviously be people making jokes about how its just one letter off from Marvel's "ShadowCat."

"Shadow" is still generic, and the name of a classic pulp hero of course, and while I wouldn't mind "ShadowBat" at all, there would obviously be people making jokes about how its just one letter off from Marvel's "ShadowCat."
    ShadowBat - I just suggested this elsewhere!

ShadowBat - I just suggested this elsewhere!
    I kind of like shadow because it is linked to her owning her past and all facets of her character and not letting them rule her. But without character, yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a pets name.

BANNED

You know, while I'm pretty positive we'll see them go at it again in the next issue, I'm actually really glad the final fight isn't JUST gonna be Cass vs Shiva. As far as climactic fights between the two go, they're never topping Batgirl #25 IMO, and so its smart for them to be going with the whole team approach.