Page 78 of 211 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The five year timeline got stretched back out to 15. Nightwing at one time being Batman has already been mentioned in his solo... wasn't that just PRIOR to New 52, and as such should've been wiped out along with the extra Batgirls? Explanation: it was but has been undone.
    Dick as Batman was never out of continuity just like Bruce going missing was never altered. Those thing like most of Morrison's run simply carried over

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The five year timeline got stretched back out to 15. Nightwing at one time being Batman has already been mentioned in his solo... wasn't that just PRIOR to New 52, and as such should've been wiped out along with the extra Batgirls? Explanation: it was but has been undone.
    No, it wasn't. Nightwing said in his first issue of the new solo by Kyle Higgins and Eddy Barrows that he had just finished being Batman. And Batman Incorporated made it clear that other than deleting the Batgirls and erasing Selina's memory (hey...I'm sensing a sexist pattern here...), nothing much has changed about the Morrison run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Reason 1,986,765,450 Cass is awesome: She's the only person who can get Batman to say, "Don't shrug at me, young lady."

Don't shrug at me.jpg

Reason 3,997,234,565 and Reason 3,997,234,566 Cass is awesome: She steals Tim's rice krispies and she knows the value of a good shower.

rice krispies.jpg

People who say Cass is "bland" or "not fun" really need to read more comics.
    Last edited by Assam; 05-06-2017 at 07:56 PM.

BANNED

So plotting and various other issues aside, can we at least all agree that Tynion did a REALLY good job with Cass's character in the now completed League of Shadows arc?

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    So plotting and various other issues aside, can we at least all agree that Tynion did a REALLY good job with Cass's character in the now completed League of Shadows arc?
    Yep. That was the most important thing, and it worked. It just needs to stick by having her bond with everyone more from here on out.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Yep. That was the most important thing, and it worked. It just needs to stick by having her bond with everyone more from here on out.
    Agreed.

For all the other problems, Cass getting a well-done character piece trumped all.

The relationships with Bruce, Kate, and Basil have been set-up well, and just need to be fleshed out more. Her friendship with JPV I'm hoping will return, but it doesn't look like it's going to right now, what with him mostly being paired off with Luke. And when they eventually return, hopefully her bonds with her original best friends, Tim and Steph, will come back too. (We'll just block NuTim's line about circus peanuts from our brains.)

And we can only pray to the Presence that when Cass "meets" Babs, it won't be absolutely insulting.

Agreed.

For all the other problems, Cass getting a well-done character piece trumped all.

The relationships with Bruce, Kate, and Basil have been set-up well, and just need to be fleshed out more. Her friendship with JPV I'm hoping will return, but it doesn't look like it's going to right now, what with him mostly being paired off with Luke. And when they eventually return, hopefully her bonds with her original best friends, Tim and Steph, will come back too. (We'll just block NuTim's line about circus peanuts from our brains.)

And we can only pray to the Presence that when Cass "meets" Babs, it won't be absolutely insulting.
    I'm behind in TeC, but won't Spoiler do a comeback at least for an arc? They could attempt to focus on the Steph/Cass relationship from there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    I'm behind in TeC, but won't Spoiler do a comeback at least for an arc? They could attempt to focus on the Steph/Cass relationship from there.
    The next issue is a solo Steph adventure, and the next arc is about Azrael, Batwing, and Zatanna. We have no idea what's coming after that.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Well, I think so. But I also don't have as much of a problem with the plotting.

But in all seriousness, the Cass arc was really moving. I think Tynion's doing some really outstanding character work.

Agreed.

I hope for all of these things.

The next issue is a solo Steph adventure, and the next arc is about Azrael, Batwing, and Zatanna. We have no idea what's coming after that.
    Well, we know now that we have more Ra's and Shiva coming.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

https://twitter.com/marcio_takara/st...34890228506624

Nice to see Takara using a Cass sketch as part of his advertising.

BANNED

cass redrawn.jpg

As someone who really hated the majority of the art in the Horrocks run, I prefer this artist's take on the scene by a huge margin.

https://twitter.com/marcio_takara/st...34890228506624

Nice to see Takara using a Cass sketch as part of his advertising.
    He loves the character just as much as us.
    And behold I shall be a blight upon the land and everything I touch shall wither and die.

BANNED

As we all know, Wonder Woman's solo big screen debut is just a few weeks away. And you know, we should be happy for her. After all, DC's greatest hero did once allow Wonder Woman, as well as Power Girl, to help her on a case.

wonder cass.jpg

Honestly, looking at this page still gives me two thoughts:

1. Amanda Connor should never be allowed to write or draw Cass.

and 2. What was the story behind this? And when did Cass even meet these two? XD

I disagree on never being allowed to draw Cass. Amanda Conner should get to draw everybody .

I think the worst artist was whoever handled EvilCassie(both Teen Titans, Beechen..etc). I cringe whenever I see those panels(ESPECIALLY IN ARTICLES, INTRO VIDS AND BLOGS--because introducing Cassie likes that shows that you don't know sh!t). I can handle anyone else(plus, Damion Scott kinda bends your standards).

Also, I love collecting different artist's take on Batgirl Cass