Page 214 of 237 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3549
    Spectacular Member

Speedyhen code for 10% off orders up to £100 is CLUCK. It's only valid on the 31st January though.
    Last edited by MagpieMad; 01-31-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grither View Post
    I ordered as well
    Just visited the Amazon.it page and the Dreadstar Omnibus Collection has been updated to €282. Man I hope my order gets fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMad View Post
    Speedyhen code for 10% off orders up to £100 is CLUCK. It's only valid on the 31st January though.
    Damn it, missed that, no usual JANUARY20 or February20 yet, what they playing at?

A bit local, but Forbidden Planet in Glasgow is doing huge sales as they are moving to a nice shiny store down the road.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    A bit local, but Forbidden Planet in Glasgow is doing huge sales as they are moving to a nice shiny store down the road.
    Such a nice comic store! Small, but so... comicbookish. And so much nicer than the merch-fcoused mothership (or is it?) in London, which was quite the letdown, when I visited it for the first time a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    Such a nice comic store! Small, but so... comicbookish. And so much nicer than the merch-fcoused mothership (or is it?) in London, which was quite the letdown, when I visited it for the first time a few weeks ago.
    It's been like 7 years since I went to the London FP but based on other bigger FP stores, like the Newcastle one, they have a whole basement section for comics usually (the London one had that as well back then) and it's just as big as the upstairs part.

Yes, I go quite often to the Forbidden Planet store in London and the basement section has all the graphic novels/ comic books, board games and books. It's a great store, always super (too) busy on weekends.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It's been like 7 years since I went to the London FP but based on other bigger FP stores, like the Newcastle one, they have a whole basement section for comics usually (the London one had that as well back then) and it's just as big as the upstairs part.
    It wasn't that much what they offered, they do have the new stuff and a fine selection of trades (though I find it weird for such a huge store to not have a back issue or special editions section), but how they were presented, the staff, the overall mood... Just wasn't into it, that's all. If it's someone fav store: so be it

It wasn't that much what they offered, they do have the new stuff and a fine selection of trades (though I find it weird for such a huge store to not have a back issue or special editions section), but how they were presented, the staff, the overall mood... Just wasn't into it, that's all. If it's someone fav store: so be it
    as I've said, it's been a while since I went there but I've heard negative opinions about FP from all over the country. The Newcastle and the old location Glasgow ones were a pretty positive experience, the Edinburgh one feels a bit small and worn down.

Spectacular Member

It is what it is- there are more comic-based shops in London like Orbital, but FP caters to a wider audience and the merchandise (statues/figures etc) take centre stage.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    It is what it is- there are more comic-based shops in London like Orbital, but FP caters to a wider audience and the merchandise (statues/figures etc) take centre stage.
    I would say that FP has consistently better prices than Orbital (not that prices are everything!)

Are comics normally arranged alphabetically by title of the book? I was like, the hell is going on? I was expecting them to be by publisher and then alphabetical.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Heh. Your OCD is coming out E!

Almost every place I go to has the comics arranged alphabetically(i.e. every public library in the world has their comics/graphic novels arranged alphabetically).

I arrange all mine alphabetically as well(so I can pull out a Conan comic regardless of publisher or....pick your title to insert there).

I finally gave up the publisher issue.

How many issues does a publisher need before it gets listed separately? All smaller publishers just listed under other?

It just gets easier(and more new reader friendly) to go alphabetically(but can can be jarring to have Atomic Robo next to Avengers).

It just feels weird going from an independent book, Marvel, DC, Marvel, independent, Marvel, independent, DC I would put DC and Marvel separately, probably Image too. Maybe it's just me haha

Check your dollar tree if you are a Disney comics fan. Mine had a bunch of the idw Disney trades for a dollar plus a few indie comic trades.

Picked up a mickey mouse trade for my collection and frozen and toy story comics for my nephews and nieces.