Page 122 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 3549

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Raffi always posts the new releases' covers so you can just scroll through the pages you haven't read and can easily find the relevant posts with the big images.
    I don't even know how many I haven't read. 200? 300? As I said, can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by kesselrig View Post
    Amazon.com has the Original Sin Companion Omnibus down to $48.51 at 61% off. Star Wars Omnibus vol 2 is also back down to under $40 at 69% off.
    Does Amazon.co.uk ever have discounts as deep as these?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    sometimes. The Green lanter vol3 omnibus was 35 pounds on preorder once. Other than that I can't remember.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

As Balakin wrote, sometimes. I picked up the Avengers West Coast Avengers Omnibus Vol. 2 for around £22 and Inhumanity OHC for around £13. Those prices stuck for around 2-3 weeks and then shot back up again. It's a gamble to wait and see if the prices will decrease further or buy before they go back to "normal".

oh also, there was the Unfabulous five hc from humanoids for £5, Batman noir Long halloween for £13,5 and Metabarons for £23. That's all the discounts I had directly from them since May.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

There was also Building Stories for £4 IIRC
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Cheers guys.

I was boycotting Amazon for their treatment of publishers and since then I've been using local suppliers such as Reed and Speedyhen, though to be fair I don't know who owns Speedyhen. I was thinking about giving Amazon another try after they resolved the issue with Hachette, but haven't really been motivated top do so as Reed has a fantastic service and Speedy has good discounts.

Cheers guys.

I was boycotting Amazon for their treatment of publishers and since then I've been using local suppliers such as Reed and Speedyhen, though to be fair I don't know who owns Speedyhen. I was thinking about giving Amazon another try after they resolved the issue with Hachette, but haven't really been motivated top do so as Reed has a fantastic service and Speedy has good discounts.
    AFAIK speedyhen is its own thing, bookdepository belongs to amazon. How is Reed worth it? I usually see their stuff on ebay and they are more expensive than speedyhen or wordery in 98% of the cases (I only check trades, no floppies for me).

Fantastic Member

Amazon.com has the Original Sin Companion Omnibus down to $48.51 at 61% off. Star Wars Omnibus vol 2 is also back down to under $40 at 69% off.
    Thanks, just ordered Star Wars for $36.49, 71% off.
    Last edited by Liven; 11-01-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    10% off at abebooks.com - E76UQ8. expires on 29 October.
    Thx Zaboraviti! I managed to take advantage of the discount this time.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

Star Wars Omnibus vol 2 is also back down to under $40 at 69% off.
    This is a stupid complaint, but I have decided to refute this as a good deal. Although these three books have been in my wishlist for months, I may have happily never bought them. Now, having bought this ridiculously cheap copy of volume 2, I'm compelled at LEAST to buy volume 1 and will likely buy volume 3 as a consequence.

So thanks but no thanks, cool forum dudes and dudettes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    This is a stupid complaint, but I have decided to refute this as a good deal. Although these three books have been in my wishlist for months, I may have happily never bought them. Now, having bought this ridiculously cheap copy of volume 2, I'm compelled at LEAST to buy volume 1 and will likely buy volume 3 as a consequence.

Happened to me - I had no intention of buying them, now I own all 3 because I got vol. 2 for $40. :/

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Happened to me - I had no intention of buying them, now I own all 3 because I got vol. 2 for $40. :/
    And Amazon's 'glitch' prices all of a sudden look a lot less like accidents

Amazing Member

Original Sin keeps dropping and is now $44.35 at 65% off. Interesting to look at the price graphs on Camelcamelcamel.com, it's been on a steady decline from almost $90. Wonder if it will level off at 70% off like Star Wars has.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post

In the immortal words of Admiral Ackbar: It's a trap!