Page 16 of 237 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Do any Canadians know if the Indigo rewards is a worthwhile deal for collectors? Are there even rewards discounts on graphic novels, OHCs and Omnis?
    $35 for 5% isn't worth it unless you spend more than $700 a year (which I actually did this year, so now I'm pissed I didn't get a membership...)

Red face

Thank you for this thread! If I wasn't trying to keep to a strict budget, I'd have taken advantage of the Black Friday deals to get the Doom Patrol Omnibus and the Absolute Edition of Batman and Robin: Batman Reborn. (I guess it's obvious who my favorite comic book writer is!) Instead, I chose to economize and ended up spending only a little over a hundred dollars this weekend for books I've been meaning to read.

My first purchase was a nick-and-dent Final Crisis Aftermath: Dance TPB from TFAW. Last month was my birthday, so they gave me $5 credit to spend. The trade was listed at 50%, dropped to 60% last week, and finally to 70% on Black Friday itself. Applying the coupon reduced the price to 39 cents, so I mostly paid for tax (44 cents) and $3.99 shipping for this one.

I checked IST and CGN and drooled over a lot of the DC Archives and Showcase Presents titles. Much as I wanted to support those stores with their great prices for those books, the B2G1 deal and the BFRIDAY14 coupon at Barnes and Noble was too good to pass up. I picked up the following, many of which I could probably read with my six-year-old, who's been getting into superheroes lately:

1. Jeff Smith's Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil on hardcover for $23.02 from a $29.99 SRP (to my irritation, despite being DC, it wasn't part of the B2G1 offer)
    2. Solo: The Deluxe Edition, which was listed at $32.49 (35% of its $49.99 SRP), was where the BFRIDAY14 coupon kicked in--knocking out $9.75 for this one had me spending just $22.74 for it
    3. the TPB collecting all twelve issues All-Star Superman for $18.99 (from $29.99) is actually something I've read before, but I'm glad I now have my own copy
    4. Batgirl/Robin Year One was my free book, so I paid zero instead of $18.29 (from $24.99)

So again, thank you, everyone!

In case anyone's wondering, there's also a $4.95 purchase I made, but that was for a poetry book (Ann Lauterbach's Many Times, But Then, in case there's anyone interested) that's supposed to be out of print and certainly should be selling for more than that. My Amazon 30% off also went to another poetry book--The Collected Poems of Barbara Guest--which I ordered to maximize the 10-dollar limit Amazon imposed.

Either it's B&N or Paypal or both, but my orders have acting retarded too.
    Bought Doom Patrol, JSA vol.1, and Deadpool by Kelly and applied two gift cards to my order and paid the rest off with Paypal.
    Found out this morning through an e-mail that the order didn't process right because of a problem with my gift card. Called up B&N and they told me it had something to do with the remaining 5 bucks not going through. It was resolved pretty quickly though, so I'm good now. But that's not to say there's an issue with their gift cards though...had to enter in my numbers a bunch of times to get the 'okay' from the payment page saying the pin and numbers matched.
    A previous order had three of my books shipping out in three different shipments with one of them(Daredevil by Miller) getting delayed. Hope they all arrive safely.

By the way, anyway pick up Fear Agent Library edition 1 and 2 from TFAW? The $10 off shipping code makes it a quite a tempting offer...but I've already murdered my wallet with this B&N sale.

Amazing Member

Not sure if this has already been posted, but HAWKGIRL code on TFAW seems to give you free shipping if your order is >$25.

Fantastic Member

I've registered another user account on B&N and used BFRIDAY14 coupon for the Complete ZAP box set. -125$ discount so the total price of this book is $292 only. I'm really happy know - that's what I wanted as a Christmas gift for myself. And yes - of course - this is my final comic book purchase for this year.

Amazing Member

Have any of you spotted any deals on Before The Incal? I was hoping that Midtown would have it as part of their 40% off sale, but they’re out of stock. They do have quite a few other Humanoids titles at 40% off though, which is nice as it's rare to see that amount of discount for that publisher. IST seems to have the next best discount on it at 25%.

I also got an email from BN saying that part of my order had been delayed: Sandman Omnibus vol. 2, and Sleeper is now showing up as having a shipping delay as well.

Side note: I’ve stopped paying attention to how much money I’ve spent on these sales or the screams from my tortured wallet, and instead started tracking how many pages of comics I’ve purchased. I’m presently up to 9449 pages, and it’s tempting me to push it to an even 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by downinthezero View Post
    Side note: I’ve stopped paying attention to how much money I’ve spent on these sales or the screams from my tortured wallet, and instead started tracking how many pages of comics I’ve purchased. I’m presently up to 9449 pages, and it’s tempting me to push it to an even 10k.
    I usually compare the price and the pagecount. "well I've spent $100 but it's like 1800 pages all together, so it was not a bad deal".

Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    Not sure if this has already been posted, but HAWKGIRL code on TFAW seems to give you free shipping if your order is >$25.
    Thanks for posting this. I don't think anyone else has mentioned it. I tested it and it does give free shipping on any order above $25. USPS Economy for a small order and anything larger will most likely get UPS Ground.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsinaname View Post
    Sorry, this shipping offer does not apply to international shipping destinations.

ordered dd by Waid ohcs 2,3 and thor by Aaron ohc 1 from bn for 47.59

Jsa omnibus vol. 1 / Wolverine & the X-Men omnibus / Age of Apocalypse Companion - 130.78
    Teen Titans by Johns Omnibus / FF by Stan Lee vol 1 / FF by Stan Lee vol 2 - 153.45
    X-Men Phalanx Covenant / Hawkman omnibus / Loeb & Sale Yellow Blue Gray - 90.57
    Solo Deluxe / Inhumanity / X-Men battle of the atom - 59.44
    Doom Patrol Omnibus / Absolute Superman/Batman vol 2 / Howard the Duck omnibus - 144.20

and trying to stop myself from buying more.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Well, B&N just screwed me over...

Took advantage of their B2G1F offer. Got Uncanny X-Men Omni, Xmen By Claremont/Lee Omni and Absolute DC New Frontier.
    They sent me an email (at midnight...) to tell me New Frontier was out of stock and cancelled from my order.
    Then another email two minutes later, to say my other items were expected to ship soon and cannot be cancelled.

No free book for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Alright, i think im sorted.

After speaking to 3(!) sales support guys, they told me to reorder another copy of New Frontier and they reduced it to $0.00. Though i have to pay an extra $12 to ship it...

Still dont know why it got cancelled in the first place. Guy said cos it was low stock. Makes sense...
    Damn, that scares me.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Just did the B&B B2G1 and used the BFRIDAY14 discount code for:
    AoA Companion
    Infinity Companion
    Flash by G.Johns vol2 (credited as free)

Come out to $39 apiece roughly.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBeast View Post
    Don't know if this is the best place to mention it, but I guess it is:

At this point it's pretty easy to get the Saga Deluxe Edition HC for like $22. It's just over $30 at both Amazon and B&N, and both sites have 30% off deals going. For anyone like myself who is going to order other things from those sites (y'know, Xmas gifts for, like, OTHER PEOPLE?), you can throw in the Saga HC and get a good deal on it. Amazon's free shipping threshold is $35, and I wouldn't've hit that if I just bought the things I needed from them for other people, so... throw in a $50 Saga HC and get it for $22, sounds like a good deal to me.
    You're completely missing the point of Black Friday and the dark god of selfish consumerism which it celebrates

I did take advantage of Amazon's 30% off sale on Saga Deluxe (they're selling right at $29.99 and with the $10 off limit, a $30 item gives maximum benefit). $20 for a week-old book of 18 of the finest comics to come out in the last few years in swanky OHC is quite the steal.

As for B&N, I got Cap by Kirby Omni + 100 Bullets Deluxe 3 and 5 (only 2 volumes I was missing). The 30% was applied to Cap, lowering it to $32.80, got one of the 100 Bullets books at around $31, got the other free. $175 worth of near-OOP books for less than $70. Hooray.

Also found the OOP Silver Age Cap Omni for $50 at an LCS. Can't wait to read some of the revered Sterenko stuff for the first time (even if it is only 3 issues worth).
    Last edited by The_Dark_Knight; 11-29-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Fantastic Member

after a brief mourning period i banished all thoughts of buying Hickman's FF Omnibus Volume 2 from Amazon for 96 bucks and concocted an all DC Black Friday order ($126.33 incl. delivery) consisting of Absolute Top 10, Sleeper Omnibus and, against my better judgement, Animal Man omnibus. the latter was the cheapest, hence free. i hope i'll like it eventually. that is, if they do ship the order eventually, because according to the follow-up e-mail, the expected ship date is December 19!