Page 198 of 237 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3549
    Spectacular Member

I've been advocating Booksetc for the past couple of years. The other thing not been mentioned is that they don't list pre-orders, which means that (a) you take a risk with some books that they might not get stock straight away, and (b) you do not know what the price will be until it actually goes on sale. But they are nearly always the cheapest option for new books (except a certain ebay lister in the UK).

I guess that Booksetc have a non-UK based warehouse, at least for some items, given some of the shipping times (and the fact that the status changes to 'exported' before it is sent to customers). I did have one item that was ordered but still not delivered after a over a month, and it was cancelled. The item stayed on the website, and after struggling to get it elsewhere I re-ordered and it was sent after a week. So maybe be a bit careful with rarer books, particularly with longer predicted delivery times.

As for shipping together (might be different outside of UK), but its really random. I ordered a load of books just before Christmas, all were sent out same time, 2 came in one package a day before Christmas, the other 4 came a few days after in a separate package. But the invoice included in the package will list all items ordered at the same time, even if the package only has part of the order.
    Last edited by madave; 01-18-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Their shipping cost structure is a little.... odd. Shipping a fat trade and a deluxe edition to Ireland costs £6.75, but adding an omnibus brings the shipping down slightly to £6.24.

In any case, they seem like a good alternative to Speedyhen and Bookdepository, especially for DC books. Do you know if orders with multiple items are shipped together or separately?
    My experiences are the same as Madave‘s: they ship books from a single order separately - sometimes they ship single books, sometimes two together.

The shipping cost to Ireland surprises me. Here‘s the p&p I had to pay for my last order:

Will Eisner's A Contract With God £89.96 Delivery: £1.64
    £91.60
    Aquaman by Geoff Johns Omnibus £31.79 Delivery: £0.88
    £32.67
    Batman: The Rebirth £14.87 Delivery: £0.45
    £15.32
    Superman £14.87 Delivery: £0.32
    £15.19
    Subtotal: £151.49
    Delivery: £3.29
    Total: £154.78

So for a Deluxe it’s just a few pence. Even the Eisner book which is considerably larger than an Absolute and weighs about 10 pounds was only €2. And that was to Germany. (Aquaman and Supes Deluxe were shipped together, the others separately).

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thanks guys for the info on Booksetc. I remember some of you posting about them before but I never got around to ordering anything from them. I may just hold off from ordering upcoming DC omnibuses I'm interested in from IST and just hope Booksetc. get them in. I can see that they're not so "generous" with the prices on Marvel Omnibuses.

On average, how long does it take for them to get a book in after release date?

Thanks for the feedback guys, especially on how they deal with single orders of multiple books. I have an option to have deliveries sent to a Belfast address (thereby getting free UK delivery) which are then couriered to me in Dublin, but that's only cost effective for single shipments. Looks like it would be better to just get them sent direct to me.

And yeah, their shipping costs are really odd. From playing around with it, it looks like they reduce postage the more you order. E.g. shipping costs to Ireland for an Omnibus is £6.24, which drops to £1.04 if you order two copies, and then becomes zero if you order three or more copies. For once though, Ireland isn't getting the worst shipping deal. I tried a few other countries out of curiosity, and Spain really gets hammered! That same Omnibus would cost £15.24 to ship to Spain!!

Thanks again for the headsup. I'll probably place my first order in a few weeks when the Phil Jimenez WW Omni is out.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    It's not anything crazy, but Volume 1 of "Locke & Key Master Edition" is <$26 with the page coupon (49% off) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1631402242

I was interested in the HC's, so half off is a good jumping on point for me.
    Locke & Key is so damn good! Made me read Joe Hill's prose books too and loved all of the mas well. Went back to read some Stephen King after that and I feel like Hill might be even better than King (and I like King, I think he is a very engaging writer).

Spectacular Member

I saw some quite rare Marvel Omnibus editions on Mandarake (a Japanese site), they're not 'cheap' but on my working out seems to be a lot cheaper than many ebay prices I've seen (search Marvel Omnibus on the English language version, also HC, they have the X-men Inferno OHC). Problem is that shipping isn't cheap, but at least in the UK there isn't any import duty for books. Might be worth a look for some of those hard to find books. (These seem to be English language editions, but might be worth clarifying first!)

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I saw some quite rare Marvel Omnibus editions on Mandarake (a Japanese site), they're not 'cheap' but on my working out seems to be a lot cheaper than many ebay prices I've seen (search Marvel Omnibus on the English language version, also HC, they have the X-men Inferno OHC). Problem is that shipping isn't cheap, but at least in the UK there isn't any import duty for books. Might be worth a look for some of those hard to find books. (These seem to be English language editions, but might be worth clarifying first!)
    That's an interesting find, looks like they have Fantastic Four by Jonathan Hickman omnibus vol 1!

However, I was reading the ordering policy and noticed this: "Since the majority of our items are pre-owned there might be some slight damage or signs of use. If an item is heavily damaged or has particular defects, this will be explained on the item page." Not sure if it's worth overpaying for what may be a used book.
    Last edited by iPodwithnomusic; 02-04-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Chapters.ca has buy 2 get 1 free on all Marvel comics, DC comics, and Manga. (I think all, there may be some exclusions).

Amazing Member

Instead of making a new thead, I wanted to ask here. What is the best place to buy in print comics online in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Valcrist View Post
    Instead of making a new thead, I wanted to ask here. What is the best place to buy in print comics online in the US?
    I'm not from the US, but I hear instocktracks mentioned a lot. I searched "Spider-Man Omnibus" and it looks like everything is 40-50% off. They also offer free shipping.
    I wrote a program that automatically sends emails when new Marvel titles are added on the hachette site. If you'd like to be added to the mailing list, just send an email to marvelcollectionsnews@gmail.com letting me know.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I'm not from the US, but I hear instocktracks mentioned a lot. I searched "Spider-Man Omnibus" and it looks like everything is 40-50% off. They also offer free shipping.
    thanks ill check it out

You may want to try instocktrades.com instead.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just got this:

Weekend Sale at InStockTrades
    Use the code StPattysDay at checkout and save an extra 3% on your order! And you can share this code with your friends!

This sale starts Friday, March 15th at 1:00 PM CST and continues through the end of the day on Sunday, March 17th.

This discount is available on all items (excluding gift certificates and items with no published discount)!

Here are some sample discounts which include the 3% code:

DC and Image: 45% off
    Marvel and Dark Horse: 45% off
    Deals of the Week: 53% off

Also, check out the links under the "Sales" tab on the InStockTrades homepage. The "Damages" and "Last Chance" items have all been increased to 70% off through the end of the day on Sunday, March 17th. The 3% will also apply to these items.

This sale is only valid through Sunday, March 17th. Purchases made before or after the sale period will not qualify for the additional discount. No price adjustments allowed. This sale does not stack with the loyalty discount.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Thanks, Raf!