Page 153 of 237 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3549

I decided to try Browns-books on Saturday because they had both Moon knight epics for 20 quid including postage. They arrived today so shipping was really fast.
    The quality is way above the listed "acceptable", I think these are copies that got damaged during transit. Vol 1 is a bit worse for the wear but vol2 is in really nice condition so for this price I'm glad I bit the bullet.
    worth checking their amazon store, still have a few deals left (search engine is terrible though)

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I decided to try Browns-books on Saturday because they had both Moon knight epics for 20 quid including postage. They arrived today so shipping was really fast.
    The quality is way above the listed "acceptable", I think these are copies that got damaged during transit. Vol 1 is a bit worse for the wear but vol2 is in really nice condition so for this price I'm glad I bit the bullet.
    worth checking their amazon store, still have a few deals left (search engine is terrible though)
    Thx Balakin for the info.

Did anyone order any Omnibusses from them? I'm curious as to their condition.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

I ordered the Busiek/Perez Avengers omnibus. It's due to be delivered today, although it's coming via Yodel and I might not be in to collect it.
    I has assumed what Balakin has reported regarding his, likely mostly minor wear. Some of the books are too recent to have been heavily damaged, and I got this for about £26 so it'd need to be pretty beat to make me regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

I ordered The Fantastic Four by John Byrne Omnibus and it's in fantastic condition. The only issue is a tiny tear on the sleeve spine. Which is barely noticeable.

20160426_173509.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGoodboy View Post
    I ordered The Fantastic Four by John Byrne Omnibus and it's in fantastic condition. The only issue is a tiny tear on the sleeve spine. Which is barely noticeable.

20160426_173509.jpg
    I ordered the same book its not arrived yet but if it shows up in the same condition as yours I'll be over the moon.

Yeah i'm extremely happy with it. I was a bit worried about what state it would be in to be deemed acceptable but i thought at that price it was well worth the risk.

Great deals. Good for you.

I unfortunately missed out on the FF Lee Kirby Omnibus. Someone nabbed it before I could make a decision.

Amazing Member

Yeah. My Avengers omnibus is totally fine. Maybe a couple of TINY dents, and a very minimal bit of separation between pages and ribbon, a couple of very minor cosmetic issues. The only real clue vs new is that it's unsealed. If I could get all my omnibus' at the price for this condition then I would!
    Bargain, thanks for flagging!
    Last edited by rynprc; 04-26-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

John Romita Spider-Man Artist's Edition Volume 2 for £50 - worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    John Romita Spider-Man Artist's Edition Volume 2 for £50 - worth it?
    Not a fan of Romita at all, but 50 quid for an AE (if it's new) is a great price in any case. So if you like Romita and his Spidey, I'd say go for it.

Here's a video review of the book:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EqDSUyiDwbk
    Last edited by LordJulius; 05-01-2016 at 03:21 AM.

Amazing Member Thor God Of Thunder's Avatar

been going at it for like 10 mins and cant find the freaking store lol

IST are having a sale on select Marvel Masterworks:
    http://www.instocktrades.com/specials/98/MMW+Sale

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I ordered the same book its not arrived yet but if it shows up in the same condition as yours I'll be over the moon.
    Bit slow to update the thread with this but heres the damage to my copy of FF by Byrne Volume 1

There were a couple other slighted dented corners as well but I'll put that down to the local Yodel delivery guys, they seem incapable of delivering anything in one piece.

BANNED

I found some good stuff yesterday. I did my normal regular shopping at the comic book shop. Stuff I got are these

Essential X-Men Volume 2
    Essential X-Men Volume 5
    Essential X Factor Volume 1
    All three were on a sale. 10 bucks each since they're older Essentials I guess. Whatever. 30 bucks not too bad for the 3 of the Essentials.

I also bought some single issue back issues of Jim Lee's X-Men issue 23, X-Men issue 39, and Uncanny X-Men 312 guest starring Yuriko.

I was tempted to buy a bagged set of X-Man for 9 bucks. It had issue 49 along with 3 or 4 more other issues I think.

I didnt get all what I wanted on my list of back issues. Heck I forgot to look for some old Wolverine Series 2 back issues from 101 to the last issue. Even forgot to check on to see what there was left for old Alpha Flight back issues at the comic book shop.

I did see a wall that had a bunch of old Toy Biz X-Men figures. 11 bucks for a figure. Eh

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Bit slow to update the thread with this but heres the damage to my copy of FF by Byrne Volume 1

There were a couple other slighted dented corners as well but I'll put that down to the local Yodel delivery guys, they seem incapable of delivering anything in one piece.
    How much did you pay for that omni?