Page 4 of 237 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I can't get onto the site either. I got a message saying the domain had reached it's limit!!
    Screen shot 2014-11-24 at 5.30.47 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 11-24-2014 at 04:36 PM.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I can't get onto the site either. I got a message saying the domain had reached it's limit!!
    It seems to be functioning a little better. The sale notice is a link, which will list every book on sale. Any book one sale is tagged with (Bargain) in it's listing. If you search for a specific book and it's on sale you'll get the original listing and it's duplicate listed as (Bargain).

So far what's on sale is pretty random. There doesn't seem to be a general discount across the board, which is unfortunate. I've done a search for random titles and usually 1-2 volumes of each series is discounted. You may fair better with specific titles that are probably overstocked.

Damn that sale is so sweet... wish their shipping wouldn't be so expensive.

Yeah, $95 to Ship two absolutes, that's more than the cost of books themselves.

I need to look into getting a P.O. Box across the border.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 11-24-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Amazing Member

Yeah I picked up Original Sin as well as the DM cover of the Golden Age Cap Omnibus for under $100 shipped so I'll call that a good deal.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    How long is this going to run?
    I think until mid December. I already deleted the email, so I can't get at it. Go to the Newbury Comics web site and sign up for the newsletter. They do this every few months (the last one was in August).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Yeah, $95 to Ship two absolutes, that's more than the cost of books themselves.

I need to look into getting a P.O. Box across the border.
    yeah nice bargains but shippment cost for my order (200$ order) will be 250$ :P - this is not a shop for people from europe

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

The CGN Black Friday sale is FASCINATING.

There is brand new stuff that is deeply discounted to the point they could not possibly be profiting from it - a play to get people to start buying new releases from them. There are HUGE, marquee books on deep discount, like UXM Vol. 2 Omnibus and the Fear Agent Library editions. I suspect they are not committing their entire quantities to the sale.

There are a lot of volumes twos and threes that clearly have been orphaned by earlier volumes selling out (or getting close), and they want to clear the shelf space. And, then there are the typical bargain books which we know publishers are clearancing.

It's an interesting haul, and if I wasn't a Marvel Zombie who bought everything every week I'd have a HUGE order to place. Lots of little gap fillers and overlooked books.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

They (CGN) have Absolute Promethea Volume 2&3 for $30 each. I just wish B&N had better packaging! They would get more of my business...

Fantastic Member

damn, i'm on a wrong continent...

For the CGN sale I picked up the Punisher MAX omnibus. Always been curious about that one and looking forward to reading it.

Spider-Man by Millar Ultimate Collection ... Had it long ago in HC but sold it off when prices spiked. Looking forward to getting it back.

Indestructible Hulk v4 HC

Avengers West Coast Darker than Scarlet ... Had it long ago but sold it off. Glad to have it back.

UXM Omnibus v2 DM cover ... Been on the fence for months. Finally pulled the trigger at 50% off and the Byrne cover.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    The CGN Black Friday sale is FASCINATING.

There is brand new stuff that is deeply discounted to the point they could not possibly be profiting from it - a play to get people to start buying new releases from them. There are HUGE, marquee books on deep discount, like UXM Vol. 2 Omnibus and the Fear Agent Library editions. I suspect they are not committing their entire quantities to the sale.

There are a lot of volumes twos and threes that clearly have been orphaned by earlier volumes selling out (or getting close), and they want to clear the shelf space. And, then there are the typical bargain books which we know publishers are clearancing.

It's an interesting haul, and if I wasn't a Marvel Zombie who bought everything every week I'd have a HUGE order to place. Lots of little gap fillers and overlooked books.
    Honestly it's a lot of stuff that's been hitting the remainder/clearance circulation for at least a couple of years. They probably got it dirt cheap to begin with. Other stuff that's maybe 50% off is stuff that's probably sold slow for them, so they'll make a small profit margin on it if it sells. Yet other stuff they have is still overpriced despite their discounts.

I'm mostly curious if they were able to procure a lot of these discount books without having to get the remainder marked. I don't know if the (BARGAIN) tag will mean they're physically marked, or if that's just to separate this particular stock for this particular sale while holding back more stock for regular price.

Where are the Canadian sales.

The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Where are the Canadian sales.

Is Black Friday even a big thing in Canada? I've heard complaints about lack of crazy sales in general in Canada during this time in areas outside of books/comics.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Is Black Friday even a big thing in Canada? I've heard complaints about lack of crazy sales in general in Canada during this time in areas outside of books/comics.
    Black Friday is a new thing in Canada, and the deals are usually a joke, but the last couple of years there's usually a few meager bargains to take advantage of.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.