Page 217 of 237 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3549
    Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

So my Dreadstar Omnibus Boxed Set has arrived......and not too surprising, t took a bit of a beating. No overpack, just in a single box with 'some' packing paper. That would work for a domestic order, but overseas through multiple countries? Not so much. Good news is the bulk of the damage is to the box itself......couple mashed corners, and 2 corner seams that have opened up. I can fix it and it will look nearly new. 2 of the books have a dented corner as well but that's pretty easy to massage out. I'll attempt to initiate a replacement claim but I don't expect to have much success (I'll try Amazon Canada first but I'm sure they'll push me to Amazon Italy).

All in all, given the price I paid, I'm extremely happy with it. Hope all of yours arrive no worse than mine.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    So my Dreadstar Omnibus Boxed Set has arrived......and not too surprising, t took a bit of a beating. No overpack, just in a single box with 'some' packing paper. That would work for a domestic order, but overseas through multiple countries? Not so much. Good news is the bulk of the damage is to the box itself......couple mashed corners, and 2 corner seams that have opened up. I can fix it and it will look nearly new. 2 of the books have a dented corner as well but that's pretty easy to massage out. I'll attempt to initiate a replacement claim but I don't expect to have much success (I'll try Amazon Canada first but I'm sure they'll push me to Amazon Italy).

All in all, given the price I paid, I'm extremely happy with it. Hope all of yours arrive no worse than mine.
    Sweet! It's saying mine is slated to be delivered in a month though hasn't shipped yet. Looking forward to it. Will be a great addition to the collection. Keeping my fingers crossed that I get it in reasonably good condition.

All-New Member

yeah, my slipcase was pretty much destroyed. amazingly the books are in not bad condition. I tried opening a case with amazon.it but i am having trouble translating the pages. i can translate the home page but not really the other ones... any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by grither View Post
    yeah, my slipcase was pretty much destroyed. amazingly the books are in not bad condition. I tried opening a case with amazon.it but i am having trouble translating the pages. i can translate the home page but not really the other ones... any advice?
    Google translate?

All-New Member

so while i couldn't get google translate to work on anything but the home page, I did navigate through menus. opened amazon.ca in a separate page, and kind of attempted a return through canada, which guided me to what i should pick on the amazon.it page.

long story short, I sent an email indicating it was quite damaged. asked to correspond in english in the email

woke up this morning to an english email saying they were giving a full refund! note said they said they would normally want to replace, but couldn't due to stock. so full refund including shipping. very generous!

Spectacular Member

Mine is being sent in next few days; if it gets here damaged, as long as its readable I'll be happy. Can live with a few dents here and there, and I'd like to see them do similar offers in future (they won't bother if its loss-making, surprised it is not already loss making- even if they should really take more care in packing).

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 07:54 PM.

so while i couldn't get google translate to work on anything but the home page, I did navigate through menus. opened amazon.ca in a separate page, and kind of attempted a return through canada, which guided me to what i should pick on the amazon.it page.

long story short, I sent an email indicating it was quite damaged. asked to correspond in english in the email

woke up this morning to an english email saying they were giving a full refund! note said they said they would normally want to replace, but couldn't due to stock. so full refund including shipping. very generous!
    That's awesome. I was going to do the same but mine looks great all things considered. Amazon.ca directed me to make the original claim to Italy but said they'd take care of me......but I think I'll leave it be. My damage is hard to see when it's sitting on the shelf.

Oh yeah.....meant to reply that if you open Amazon.it in Chrome you should get an option to translate all pages.....but looks like they were super accommodating.

The Glasgow FP is still massively discounting (50% off al collected editions and up to 75% on some figurines) stock as it moves location. Grabbed Family Man for £9.99

There are still some great figurines left if anybody is local. A wall of funko pops as you can imagine, but quite a lot of Doctor Who and DC stuff. The Walking Dead has quite a bit left too I think.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Amazing Member

I just got the JSA omnibus vol 2 in the mail today. Got it for $100.

All-New Member

Got my Dreadstar slipcase edition .. the box arrived absolutely destroyed. they didn't use any packing material at all.

the slipcase is falling apart (altho, this is possibly the cheapest looking slipcase I've ever seen). I'm normally fine with some dings,but literally the slipcase is in 3 pieces. the books inside seem fine though, besides a couple bumps / bruises

I ordered from amazon.de, and I'd have to check, but I believe it was something like $80 after tax/shipping.

Note: read what someone else said about the refund from amazon.it, will give support a try on .de site I guess

dunno if it's even worth it dealing with support to get a replacement, if it's even worth it for them with me being in the US? anyone gone thru this process yet?

The build quality of this whole set leaves something to be desired, tbh. Don't see this as being anywhere near worth the $300+ (or whatever it retails for) I read the start of the series digitally and liked it, but don't have any nostalgia factor or anything for this, tho.
    Last edited by skrewler; 03-21-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skrewler View Post
    Got my Dreadstar slipcase edition .. the box arrived absolutely destroyed. they didn't use any packing material at all.

the slipcase is falling apart (altho, this is possibly the cheapest looking slipcase I've ever seen). I'm normally fine with some dings,but literally the slipcase is in 3 pieces. the books inside seem fine though, besides a couple bumps / bruises

I ordered from amazon.de, and I'd have to check, but I believe it was something like $80 after tax/shipping.

Note: read what someone else said about the refund from amazon.it, will give support a try on .de site I guess

dunno if it's even worth it dealing with support to get a replacement, if it's even worth it for them with me being in the US? anyone gone thru this process yet?

The build quality of this whole set leaves something to be desired, tbh. Don't see this as being anywhere near worth the $300+ (or whatever it retails for) I read the start of the series digitally and liked it, but don't have any nostalgia factor or anything for this, tho.
    On the .de site, just set the language to English (just to the right of the search bar at the top) and all the support will subsequently be in English as well. I had to work with them to get a Fats Domino boxed set shipped and it worked just fine.

www.speedyhen.com has a 10% off sale:

STAYSAFE' at the checkout for 10% off Books (minimum spend £5, valid until 18/05/20)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    www.speedyhen.com has a 10% off sale:

STAYSAFE' at the checkout for 10% off Books (minimum spend £5, valid until 18/05/20)
    Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered four X-Men Milestones TPBs and Injustice Year Five TPB