Page 229 of 237 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3549

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    It works with other combinations of books as well - but for some books, there will be a shipping fee no matter what. A bit weird. But eh, I just got 28 books (including an omnibus) for just £0.82 in shipping fees. That's manageable.
    Wow! I'll try it too.

Edit: For me it's the full amount for shipping.
    Last edited by JPAR; 12-01-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Wow! I'll try it too.

Edit: For me it's the full amount for shipping.
    Hmm could be it had something to do with the value of my books, as I spent £397... but only 1 of my books ended up with shipping costs, out of 28. And that one was weird, as it was a Dawn of X book - but I bought 8 of those in total, and only the one was charged with shipping...

Hmm could be it had something to do with the value of my books, as I spent £397... but only 1 of my books ended up with shipping costs, out of 28. And that one was weird, as it was a Dawn of X book - but I bought 8 of those in total, and only the one was charged with shipping...
    I had also for a couple of 100 pounds in my basket. It was split in two groups. And each group had around 2,5 pound for shipping. As usual.

sooo... CGN still hasn't posted their DC items, omnibus items, or Masterworks items on their big sale.
    And now those have disappeared from their listing of "coming soon" altogether.

I wonder if they have punted on those, as it's now ~2 weeks from Christmas, and what's for sale now is it.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    sooo... CGN still hasn't posted their DC items, omnibus items, or Masterworks items on their big sale.
    And now those have disappeared from their listing of "coming soon" altogether.

I wonder if they have punted on those, as it's now ~2 weeks from Christmas, and what's for sale now is it.
    Yeah. I love their sales but put in a large order more than 2 weeks ago and it is still status "processed", which I think means they have charged my credit card but done nothing else(since that was the status immediately after I placed the order).

Amazing Member

Amazon is discounting the Kindle editions of many Marvel Masterworks volumes. The first volumes for each series is 99 cents and subsequent volumes are $1.99.

Spectacular Member

If anyone wants the Batman Omnibus Vol 3 by Grant Morrison, https://agreatread.co.uk has this for £33. I ordered and got delivered quickly, with free postage. The site has good reviews generally, no complaints and will use again in the future.

My local shop has a pretty good used section and someone sold tynions rebirth detective deluxe editions. They also had a deal where you buy two get one free so for all four books I paid sixty bucks....made my whole month to get a deal that good.

Any reason why some books never show up on speedyhen? The Batman/Superman jeph loeb omnibus never did, I don’t think the Rick and morty hc’s did and the reissued Cap America isn’t for some reason

It happened before but I never knew why. Maybe it happens more often because of Covid. It might help if you message them asking if they will ever sell book X. Maybe they will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It happened before but I never knew why. Maybe it happens more often because of Covid. It might help if you message them asking if they will ever sell book X. Maybe they will look into it.
    Did message them before about something and all I got back was a ‘if it’s not on the site, we don’t stock it’ who else has comparable prices to speedyhen?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Did message them before about something and all I got back was a ‘if it’s not on the site, we don’t stock it’ who else has comparable prices to speedyhen?
    books etc but they took a while to ship sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Garuda View Post
    X of Swords OHC is currently £37.49 on Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1302927175/

This was originally a $60 book but the recent solicitations changed that to $100 so this is a very good deal.
    Amazon now mailed me to cancel this order (without any form of reasoning behind). Did anyone else get this? I find it extremely poor taste of them to do so, given their "pre-order and get it at guaranteed lowest price" promise.

Incredible Member

Amazon now mailed me to cancel this order (without any form of reasoning behind). Did anyone else get this? I find it extremely poor taste of them to do so, given their "pre-order and get it at guaranteed lowest price" promise.
    Really? I also had this pre-ordered but for whatever reason my credit card was denied and it was cancelled for me to.
    I chatted with one of them for one hour trying to make it work (even tried my gfs card). Strange that the very same card is how I pay for my Prime Video.

it seems like they are canceling every single preorder because of Brexit. Which is weird cause the UK parliament is currently passing trade deals etc so I don't get the panic from Amazon, unless they know something we don't.