Page 44 of 237 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joyus View Post
    Had the same email, Planetary was my free book so will see what they do with that one.
    Id get in touch just in case. They cancelled my free book and am pretty sure they wouldnt have noticed anything was amiss until i contacted them to complain.
    In the end they didnt charge me for me 2nd book, so i too got a 2 for 1 offer in effect.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Id get in touch just in case. They cancelled my free book and am pretty sure they wouldnt have noticed anything was amiss until i contacted them to complain.
    In the end they didnt charge me for me 2nd book, so i too got a 2 for 1 offer in effect.
    The email is in, I've already had shipping notice for the other two and have been charged accordingly as well. Will have to see what they do when they get back.
    On the otherhand Amazon.de customer service were in yesterday.

Got my marvel now omnibus in from pondview off amazon. It arrived in the exact condition as described "good". It was pretty beat up and had a worn out binding. Probably just give it away since it was only 8 bucks.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

A Marvel Now omnibus is just a few #1's anyway right? 4$ is all I would buy it for anyway.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    The email is in, I've already had shipping notice for the other two and have been charged accordingly as well. Will have to see what they do when they get back.
    On the otherhand Amazon.de customer service were in yesterday.
    Just to update, after almost 2 hours on the web chat and a few misunderstanding from their staff they eventually refunded the fee for the second cheapest item (sleeper) so i've also ended up paying for 1 book. It was a little long and probably didn't help that it's web chat (no real alternative for international customers) but they sorted the problem out. Fingers crossed for the books then, especially Sleeper as it's now effectively not part the order and there will be no option if this is damaged... As long as i can read it.... famous last words

Barnes and Noble is having a 'buy 2, get 1 free' sale on Viz Manga from now until February 17th. Boxed sets are included in the sale.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 12-29-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Barnes and Noble is having a 'buy 2, get 1 free' sale on Viz Manga from now until February 17th. Boxed sets are included in the sale.
    For anyone interested in this deal please review the last 20 pages.

Oh, I thought it was new, sorry.

No need to really be sorry.
    The code might be new, this time, but they seem to be running this sale a lot.
    And people who have experienced the use of this sale have been greatly soured on B&N and this sale, specifically.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I think he's referring to the horror stories many members have mentioned and to give it a second thought before ordering anything from B&N. In regard to the Viz Media sale, I don't recall seeing any mention of it before now.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    No need to really be sorry.
    The code might be new, this time, but they seem to be running this sale a lot.
    And people who have experienced the use of this sale have been greatly soured on B&N and this sale, specifically.
    I don't know, i should have stressed in my earlier post i don't have a problem with B&N currently. They are what they are, a very cost effective means of getting these books for international buyer. If I want better service we should pay appropriately for it.

If I want better service we should pay appropriately for it.
    Uh, no. If they are going to offer a service, then they should make sure they give good service. Because it's places like B&N that ruin the rest of us American Businesses with international customers.
    They cannot control the package once it's left their facility, but they could at least package it so that it arrives as safely and as undamaged as possible.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Amazing Member

I don't know, i should have stressed in my earlier post i don't have a problem with B&N currently. They are what they are, a very cost effective means of getting these books for international buyer. If I want better service we should pay appropriately for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Uh, no. If they are going to offer a service, then they should make sure they give good service. Because it's places like B&N that ruin the rest of us American Businesses with international customers.
    They cannot control the package once it's left their facility, but they could at least package it so that it arrives as safely and as undamaged as possible.
    Actually they are running a business, with a level of service they think is acceptable for what they want to do. It's up to us the consumer to decide if we want to do business there or not. For international customer they have an advantage, it's a dirty word sometimes but price is an important factor. If this means i have to support them with my business, then i'm sorry guilty as charged

For the packaging i think everyone agrees. Their customer service hasn't been too bad so overall it's a risk i and others take. Undoubtedly others have had really bad experiences which is unfortunate. If you are a new shopper then you need to think if you are the type to try this or not.

Would love to support IST and others but unfortunately they don't offer the same shipping rates as amazon et al, or perhaps they are charging what we (international buyers) should really pay. Not a slight on them, more a statement on us the consumers.

BANNED

Any clue is Book Depository having their annual 10% discount?

Amazing Member

For those in London this week, both Orbital Comics and Gosh! have Sale ongoing this week. The gosh sale ends on the 31st though