Page 90 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3549
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I don't have a USA shipping address anymore, so if anyone could do me a favor and pick me a Spidey Civil War at BAM, I'd be more than grateful...
    Again, taking the whole find with a grain of salt, but still.
    They ship to Canada, so they might ship to Mexico.

Edit: Just saw on their site that they only offer shipping to Canada and USA. Sorry
    Last edited by zeze; 05-12-2015 at 08:52 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    This for real?
    http://www.booksamillion.com/p/Civil...=6314523144907
    I'm very happy with my TPBs, but in case someone's looking for this one at a decent price...
    I put in a quantity of 150 copies for Spiderman civil war and it took the order. It's got to be bunk.

Fantastic Member

Just ordered X-Men Omnibus 1. Got to be too good to be true, but if there's even a chance at getting that one at cover price.....

Amazing Member

Got an order status update email from BAM. For the 3 omnibuses it says "Advanced Order Item - product will ship when released." so yeah its definitely an error unless Marvel is reprinting a bunch of omnibuses that we don't know about which is almost 100% not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    Got an order status update email from BAM. For the 3 omnibuses it says "Advanced Order Item - product will ship when released." so yeah its definitely an error unless Marvel is reprinting a bunch of omnibuses that we don't know about which is almost 100% not the case.
    BAM is an untrustworthy source for OOP books. Ordered both Civil War:Frontline and Thanos Imperative around Christmas only to have them cancel the orders in February. I believe that they still have both items still listed on their site. Not to mention their customer service is beyond dreadful.

To anybody that has ordered from BAM on the TPBs and Omnibus' Cancel your order and if you planned on it. Dont.
    None of those books are in stock and Marvel has not contacted BAM letting them know those books are out of print.
    Furthermore, all these items have "If you order this item now, it will not delay the rest of your order." Which means they basically do not know when the items will be back in stock(because Marvel hasn't told them these are OOP) and that they wont delay the rest of what you have ordered.
    --Simply put, they dont have any of these books and dont know that they wont be having any of these books anytime soon lol and in turn wasting their and a lot of peoples time w/ the canceling and refunding orders stuff.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    To anybody that has ordered from BAM on the TPBs and Omnibus' Cancel your order and if you planned on it. Dont.
    None of those books are in stock and Marvel has not contacted BAM letting them know those books are out of print.
    Furthermore, all these items have "If you order this item now, it will not delay the rest of your order." Which means they basically do not know when the items will be back in stock(because Marvel hasn't told them these are OOP) and that they wont delay the rest of what you have ordered.
    --Simply put, they dont have any of these books and dont know that they wont be having any of these books anytime soon lol and in turn wasting their and a lot of peoples time w/ the canceling and refunding orders stuff.
    Ok, I'm going to cancel my order now. Don't want to have $500 tied up for god knows how long. Some of the books (like the Civil War ones) say "Limited Availability. Allow Additional 2-4 Weeks for Shipping" but I doubt that makes a difference.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    BAM is an untrustworthy source for OOP books. Ordered both Civil War:Frontline and Thanos Imperative around Christmas only to have them cancel the orders in February. I believe that they still have both items still listed on their site. Not to mention their customer service is beyond dreadful.
    Yeah they still have Thanos Imperative listed on their site with "Limited Availability. Allow Additional 2-4 Weeks for Shipping". I had to cancel an order with BAM before and didn't have issues with their CS so hopefully its the same this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by zeze View Post
    Ok, I'm going to cancel my order now. Don't want to have $500 tied up for god knows how long. Some of the books (like the Civil War ones) say "Limited Availability. Allow Additional 2-4 Weeks for Shipping" but I doubt that makes a difference.
    Yeah, I dont know anything about the "limited availability" ones but I had them check the ISBN on all the omnibus that should be out of print and when they did they found all of them to be out of stock and then proceeded to tell me that Marvel had not told them they were out of print and that basically they didnt know when they were gonna get more. The truth of the matter is -- they wont be getting more lol I really dont see how they can let items go live on their site without inventory. Usually the product gets scanned by the retailer before it can be made available. Theres no product to scan so....lol

Frank millar daredevil omnibus on ebay for £50 buy it now.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Marvel Year By Year A Visual Chronicle is on amazon.co.uk for £5.

That's an 86% reduction from £35. Ideal as a present.

I just wanted to mention some great deals I got at my local comic-con last weekend.

Namely, the Silver Surfer Epic Collection for $15 CAD (cover is $38.99 CAD). Also got Rage of Ultron and the Wolverine Epic Collection for under US cover (though more than if I bought them from Amazon; there's something to be said for buying local and handling the product yourself sometimes).

Also, one booth had a box full of Marvel books that had been damaged in a fire but still had valid digital codes. Bought a bunch of AXIS tie-ins and the Original Sin Annual for 99 cents each (I was planning on buying these for $1.99 each once the price on Comixology dropped, so hey, cheap issues! And the hard copies are still fairly legible, just way too crappy to sell as new, so I'll donate them to Value Village so maybe someone else can enjoy them too).

I also wanted to mention one really crappy deal (that I thankfully noticed soon enough). One booth put stickers over their Canadian cover prices that were HIGHER than the cover price. Like, $42.99 for a $38.99 cover price. Wtf? I know the exchange rate isn't good, but the cover price is usually a fair reflection, no? I didn't buy from them!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I just wanted to mention some great deals I got at my local comic-con last weekend.

Namely, the Silver Surfer Epic Collection for $15 CAD (cover is $38.99 CAD). Also got Rage of Ultron and the Wolverine Epic Collection for under US cover (though more than if I bought them from Amazon; there's something to be said for buying local and handling the product yourself sometimes).

Also, one booth had a box full of Marvel books that had been damaged in a fire but still had valid digital codes. Bought a bunch of AXIS tie-ins and the Original Sin Annual for 99 cents each (I was planning on buying these for $1.99 each once the price on Comixology dropped, so hey, cheap issues! And the hard copies are still fairly legible, just way too crappy to sell as new, so I'll donate them to Value Village so maybe someone else can enjoy them too).

I also wanted to mention one really crappy deal (that I thankfully noticed soon enough). One booth put stickers over their Canadian cover prices that were HIGHER than the cover price. Like, $42.99 for a $38.99 cover price. Wtf? I know the exchange rate isn't good, but the cover price is usually a fair reflection, no? I didn't buy from them!
    I was at an comic expo last month and I also saw a couple booths which were charging higher than the Canadian cover price on some trades (mostly New 52s). Sad thing is that some people were actually buying them. Me personally, I went to the booth that was selling all their HCs and paperbacks for 2/$25. Spent $200+ there to fill out my gaps in my New 52 collection. Also got some Marvel Now HCs for $10 each. All of the ones I bought were new and still sealed.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol. 2 is back on amazon.co.uk at £53.45. Not an amazing price but seems to be the best one out there for Europeans at the moment.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Uncanny-X-Me...edevil+omnibus

Even the very few (only 4 of them!) marketplace sellers that have it are selling it for at least £20 more.

This was one of those Omnibuses that I reckoned would go OOP relatively quickly, hence I picked it for quite cheap on the marketplace a month or so after its release.

Thank's to TehJofus from the DC thread! Great deal on amazon UK on the GL vol3 omnibus!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Lanter...ywords=omnibus