Page 224 of 237 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3549
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by fabiano View Post
    I was asking the same. I'm from Brazil and their packaging was really good there.

But you will always see people complaining about it here. Check this page: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4998253
    Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Terrible. I've had many issues with them in the past, I hardly ever use them nowadays.
    Thanks both of you. Seems like it's a bit of a gamble so I'll probably stay away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Thanks both of you. Seems like it's a bit of a gamble so I'll probably stay away from them.
    I do use Amazon, since my options for a good price are limited, but I receive a lot of damaged books. Their customer service is great though. So, if a book is damaged it'll be replaced.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I do use Amazon, since my options for a good price are limited, but I receive a lot of damaged books. Their customer service is great though. So, if a book is damaged it'll be replaced.
    Do they cover the return shipping costs also? Or do they not bother with getting back the damaged book?

Do they cover the return shipping costs also? Or do they not bother with getting back the damaged book?
    Depends on the customer service assistant handling the complaint. In general though, it's true that they have great customer service. Best I've ever encountered. But books being damaged simply happens way too often, it gets tiresome to manage in the long run.

When it's damaged the costs are theirs. If it's your own choice because you don't want it anymore, the costs are yours.

I agree with Hives that it happens to often. I've had an order which I returned 3 times before I got it without damage. But that happens with other stores also.

Incredible Member

I see. Thanks guys.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I see. Thanks guys.
    I would just add my 5c by saying that it's been a mixed bag for me with Amazon. I've used them less and less. The majority of my recent (few) orders have been miraculously ok although the packaging has been horrendous i.e. box bigger than the book with hardly any packaging material if any, deflated airbags and so on. I risk them whenever there's a seriously good discount/glitch.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I would just add my 5c by saying that it's been a mixed bag for me with Amazon. I've used them less and less. The majority of my recent (few) orders have been miraculously ok although the packaging has been horrendous i.e. box bigger than the book with hardly any packaging material if any, deflated airbags and so on. I risk them whenever there's a seriously good discount/glitch.
    Appreciate the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    It might be just a glitch on Amazon's UK site. There are listings for the new edition on the US site, as well as Book Depository, which is owned by Amazon.
    Fingers crossed!

I was asking the same. I'm from Brazil and their packaging was really good there.

But you will always see people complaining about it here. Check this page: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4998253
    So-so, but most of the time the books which I've ordered have come undamaged anyway. As others have said the customer service is good enough that you can return it if necessary. However, if you're ordering from outside of the UK I'd be more cautious - whenever I've ordered from another Amazon affiliate to the UK e.g. .it or .com, the results have been more mixed and it's much more hassle to deal with returns.

All-New Member

I came across some auctions on ebay.co.uk, with OOP books such as Batman by Aparo, Colan, Newton, Amazing Spiderman Omnibus vol 4:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/cempik/m....p2047675.l2562

I was lucky enough to get the books for similar prices to those offered on the auctions.

It is not a typical good deal, but taking under the consideration recent insane prices it may be helpful for some collectors.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

For Europeans, not amazing deals but pretty good on booksetc.co.uk:

Batman Morrison Vol. 3 Omnibus at £32.65
    Golden Age Marvel Comics Vol. 2 Omnibus at £65.97

Comiz0ne

Hello comics fans! Amazon.de has She-Hulk by Dan Slott Omnibus pre-order at €41.82

and BookDepository has a 10% voucher: https://www.bookdepository.com/october2020offer

All-New Member

and BookDepository has a 10% voucher: https://www.bookdepository.com/october2020offer
    Madly, I can't find the 10%, that page has an activate coupon button which does nothing bar redirects to the main page, and in the instructions it says
    "When you reach Your basket enter the code above in the Add Coupon box."

But there is no code above... have looked all over and nothing