Page 234 of 237 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237 LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 3549
    Incredible Member

Here in the US is there a way to find out when Barnes & Noble do their usual buy 2 get the 3rd one free on graphic novels? I've checked their website periodically and nothing really pops up and when I ask an employee they don't know either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Here in the US is there a way to find out when Barnes & Noble do their usual buy 2 get the 3rd one free on graphic novels? I've checked their website periodically and nothing really pops up and when I ask an employee they don't know either.
    Look for the shopping deals website Slickdeals and sign up for an alert for posted deals matching that description.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Is it any good?
    I really liked it.
    It's worth pointing out that the later All Star Superman series was a prequel to One Million.
    The closure you get for the alternate future Superman is really beautiful and moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    They did the same on the American and Canadian Amazons about a week ago. Crazy that they don't learn from their mistakes.
    So i just checked my order for the DC One Million Omnibus.

It says it is out of print and has an entirely new listing on Amazon for the exact same omnibus(due to be printed in 2022, as it was when orderred).

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any chance we get the omnibus for the $26 we paid in August(as opposed to the $100 it is currently being listed for)?

Pretty shady to just hold our money but essentially delist our order.

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post

It says it is out of print and has an entirely new listing on Amazon for the exact same omnibus(due to be printed in 2022, as it was when orderred).

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any chance we get the omnibus for the $26 we paid in August(as opposed to the $100 it is currently being listed for)?

Amazon doesn't charge until a book has shipped so they haven't taken any money yet. I've ordered it was well, and they haven't emailed yet to say the order is cancelled, so there's still a chance that we'll get the book at the glitch price. But at the same time, it clearly was a glitch, and they haven't been paid for the book yet, so they're not obliged to honour that price.

Amazon done this a lot in the past couple of years. They list a book with a low price then relist it "properly" again.
    You can try to chat with them and explain, that this is indeed the same book and they should honor the original listing's price. Seen people do that before and succeeding, but it might take you some time to convince them.

Quote Originally Posted by etrumble View Post

They don’t hold your money, as they only charge on dispatch/ shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    But at the same time, it clearly was a glitch, and they haven't been paid for the book yet, so they're not obliged to honour that price.
    Well, given their pre-order guarantee, I'd say they very much should honor the price. Otherwise, what would that guarantee be worth?

Status on amazon.de (where I placed an order myself) is that the price has more than quadrupled while the release date has been changed to January 2nd 2079 (yes, 2079). The book cannot currently be ordered. At the same time, they've made a new listing for the book for the "correct" price with the correct release date. This one can be ordered.

They have yet to cancel anything, but the whole thing does look rather weird.

I’ve seen them do that before.
    They’re not going to honor the glitch price unless possibly you’re willing to put time into fighting with them about it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Amazon doesn't charge until a book has shipped so they haven't taken any money yet. I've ordered it was well, and they haven't emailed yet to say the order is cancelled, so there's still a chance that we'll get the book at the glitch price. But at the same time, it clearly was a glitch, and they haven't been paid for the book yet, so they're not obliged to honour that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    They don’t hold your money, as they only charge on dispatch/ shipping
    I already paid for my order I'm just gonna sit tight and see what happens. If I get a refund and they cancel it I'm not gonna make a fuzz about it.

Thanks for the responses all.

Keeping fingers crossed for a good deal!

Amazing Member

Target is running the Buy 2 get 1 free deal. Just ordered 3 omnis, Books of Magic, JLA by Morrison, and 100 bullets for $155 total. They were already discounted to $75 each and the B2G1 deal stacks plus 5% target card discount. Quite a few omnis available but not as heavily discounted off retail as those.

Amazing Member

ROTFLOL

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    I’ve seen them do that before.
    They’re not going to honor the glitch price unless possibly you’re willing to put time into fighting with them about it.
    You were right.

My cheap DC One Million omni is now cancelled by Amazon.

Amazon is doing a buy 3 for the price of 2 for a lot of comics.

I just bought the last 3 hardcovers of The Green Lantern(for whatever reason, the first hardcover is not included in the deal) for $51(cover price about $90).

A little difficult to see what's included but there are a lot of collected editions included.