Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

I've been advocating Booksetc for the past couple of years. The other thing not been mentioned is that they don't list pre-orders, which means that (a) you take a risk with some books that they might not get stock straight away, and (b) you do not know what the price will be until it actually goes on sale. But they are nearly always the cheapest option for new books (except a certain ebay lister in the UK).

I guess that Booksetc have a non-UK based warehouse, at least for some items, given some of the shipping times (and the fact that the status changes to 'exported' before it is sent to customers). I did have one item that was ordered but still not delivered after a over a month, and it was cancelled. The item stayed on the website, and after struggling to get it elsewhere I re-ordered and it was sent after a week. So maybe be a bit careful with rarer books, particularly with longer predicted delivery times.

As for shipping together (might be different outside of UK), but its really random. I ordered a load of books just before Christmas, all were sent out same time, 2 came in one package a day before Christmas, the other 4 came a few days after in a separate package. But the invoice included in the package will list all items ordered at the same time, even if the package only has part of the order.
    Last edited by madave; 01-18-2019 at 05:50 AM.