Page 149 of 237 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 3549

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    This is quite a good question. I really like the Deviant colored edition as it features Kevin O'Neill coloring, and exclusive redone art (http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...-termight.html and http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2013/0...t-deviant.html). For half price this is really a very nicely built book (hardcover with dust jacket).

But I also recommend the B&W version, collected by Titan Books in The Beginning (http://www.thearchdeviant.org/2014/0...g-uk-1992.html), because the printing quality is spot on, and it is a larger size book, thus the art look far more better. The deviant edition features Redondo's art, the Titan book only focuses on O'Neill's art (it is a softcover book). There are two copies of the later on ebay for less than 10€.
    tnx for the info vark, i just might go for the both than, i do read your blog, brings joy to my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    tnx for the info vark, i just might go for the both than, i do read your blog, brings joy to my eyes
    Thanks! The Complete nemesis vol 1 is also part of the sale, and in term of content quantity it is unbeatable. But it is not as oversized as the Titan books, and the printing quality is not as good.

All-New Member

A comic shop based in the UK has just opened a shop on eBay and has posted a 10% discount codeword on its listings to use on its internet shop.

The codeword is EBAYWELCOME

The eBay shop is at: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/splatcomics

There is also a further 10% Loyalty Point Scheme at the internet shop

Some nice keys for sale on eBay
    Last edited by PayneyRocks; 03-02-2016 at 12:52 PM.

X-Men Omnibus 3 on Amazon Canada is $98. Not sure how long that will last but that's actually cheaper than on the American site. I picked one up myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    X-Men Omnibus 3 on Amazon Canada is $98. Not sure how long that will last but that's actually cheaper than on the American site. I picked one up myself
    IST/CGN won't ship to canada?

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    IST/CGN won't ship to canada?
    They will but with shipping and the exchange rate any books will be double in price in comparison to what you'll find at Indigo/Amazon which is unfortunate because I would shop there but it isn't worth it

Spectacular Member

They will but with shipping and the exchange rate any books will be double in price in comparison to what you'll find at Indigo/Amazon which is unfortunate because I would shop there but it isn't worth it
    Actually I'm from Canada and bought the UXM 3 omnibus the week it was realeased on IST. At 52% off it was $60 + shipping, and I added a few Marvel Epics to my order to find the shipping cost "sweet spot". You have to try and add/remove books to your cart to find that "sweet spot", but in the end, with the shipping cost and exchange rate included, I ended up paying basically the same price I would have paid at that time if I had put the same order on Amazon.ca with their inflated prices. And you can't even compare IST packaging to Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Actually I'm from Canada and bought the UXM 3 omnibus the week it was realeased on IST. At 52% off it was $60 + shipping, and I added a few Marvel Epics to my order to find the shipping cost "sweet spot". You have to try and add/remove books to your cart to find that "sweet spot", but in the end, with the shipping cost and exchange rate included, I ended up paying basically the same price I would have paid at that time if I had put the same order on Amazon.ca with their inflated prices. And you can't even compare IST packaging to Amazon.
    I would like to use IST but the shipping is just way too much and negates any savings I would make. I never had any issues with the packaging from Amazon myself so I'm okay with going with them. Sometimes chapters gives you 15-20% off which is how I got my Geoff Johns GL 1 and Trial of Captain America books for about $130 in total

I would like to use IST but the shipping is just way too much and negates any savings I would make. I never had any issues with the packaging from Amazon myself so I'm okay with going with them. Sometimes chapters gives you 15-20% off which is how I got my Geoff Johns GL 1 and Trial of Captain America books for about $130 in total
    Does anyone actually know why IST shipping is so much, as an aussie i agree their shipping rates just kill the savings. I just wish they could sort out some better int' shipping rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_Nathan View Post
    Does anyone actually know why IST shipping is so much, as an aussie i agree their shipping rates just kill the savings. I just wish they could sort out some better int' shipping rates.
    Well I assume its because of shipping speed that they choose as well as import charges combined into one. Just to ship one book of any kind to Canada is about $22-24

Fantastic Member

hey european guys. once again german online bookseller thalia.de has a 15% discount (code: OSTERHASE15), which can be used to order american graphic novels and stuff, which, btw, is already cheaper at full-price compared with amazon.de.
    http://www.thalia.de/

Well I assume its because of shipping speed that they choose as well as import charges combined into one. Just to ship one book of any kind to Canada is about $22-24
    While I agree that is alot but if you are into omnibuses you are still getting a decent discount! I'm not sure if you have to pay more for multiple books, but If not I would save up till you can make a large order, that way it would even out the savings.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    While I agree that is alot but if you are into omnibuses you are still getting a decent discount! I'm not sure if you have to pay more for multiple books, but If not I would save up till you can make a large order, that way it would even out the savings.
    It adds up and takes weight of the book into consideration, it's extremely expensive and import tax is kinda weird as alot of countries don't charge import tax on books.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_Nathan View Post
    I contacted IST and asked them why shipping to canada was so expensive. They responded to me that it was the cheapest method they could find. I find that hard to believe as it cost them $26USD ($35CAD) to ship me an omnibus. The same omnibus that I can ship to the US for $12USD ($17CAD) at my post office complete with tracking. With IST I get no tracking and cost twice as much. It also takes it about a month to get to me. Makes no sense whatsoever as I live in Vancouver which is only a few hours away from the US border, it's not like I live in some remote part of the world. I would be ordering from IST all the time if the shipping fees weren't so outrageous. Seems to me that IST doesn't really care about getting international orders as there just isn't enough of them.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Mighty Member

I believe it's more expensive to ship from U.S. to Canada than the other way for whatever reason. The last time i looked into shipping there it was considerably more expensive than the $12, unless your package was under a certain weight. And with books being what they are, you surpass that pretty quickly. I wish they had an international media option to take this into account.