Page 40 of 237 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    007 girl.

Okay, I'm thinking of the best deal I got this year, in terms of price per issue.

I'm a huge Garth Ennis fan, especially of Punisher books, so I always had my interest piqued in this Jennifer Blood set.

I got all 36 issues of her main series, plus the 6-issue First Blood mini (total 42 comics) for $10.85. Shipping was free I think, or not more than $5, cuz I know I paid considerably less than $20 for sure.

That's about $0.25c per issue, reg cover price being up to $3.99 each. All bagged, boarded, and in tip top like new shape.

Good being in the right place at the right time. I've seen this collection go for $60-$75
    Last edited by ultimate jezebel; 12-19-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    Okay, I'm thinking of the best deal I got this year, in terms of price per issue.

I'm a huge Garth Ennis fan, especially of Punisher books, so I always had my interest piqued in this Jennifer Blood set.

I got all 36 issues of her main series, plus the 6-issue First Blood mini (total 42 comics) for $10.85. Shipping was free I think, or not more than $5, cuz I know I paid considerably less than $20 for sure.

That's about $0.25c per issue, reg cover price being up to $3.99 each. All bagged, boarded, and in tip top like new shape.

Good being in the right place at the right time. I've seen this collection go for $60-$75
    Thats a crazy deal. Im currently binding my Jen Blood issues. Wish it had cost me this little to gather everything

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Wow the B&N prices are now just absurd for the buy 2 get 1 free sale.

They must be taking a beating with the sale and coupon use in addition to people returning damaged books due to poor packaging for replacements.
    Oy! I agree. And I wasnt even looking to purchase the bigger books. Almost not worth it now.

All-New Member

I don't even know where to begin with my Barnes & Noble issues.

I ordered three books on Black Friday. Fantastic Four vol 1, Infinity Gauntlet, and Original Sin. Original Sin is the only one that ships.

I wait a bit, contact support. I'm told they'll ship the 18th. That's an obscenely long wait, even for the the "1-2 weeks" reasoning they offer me. But I wait.

18th rolls around. Nothing.

Call the 19th. "It'll ship later today."

Nothing.

Contact support tonight. "I don't know when it'll ship, one item isn't in stock."

Why did I do my Christmas shopping on black friday if this place isn't going to even give me an accurate estimate three weeks later? On top of it, their customer support is outsourced overseas. The poor employees I end up talking to seem to barely understand me and my complaints and I can barely understand them. They have no power in actually fixing the complaints. Ugh!

Amazing Member

B&N BF order - Shipping notice for Sleeper. The other two not yet, not too worried. Waited 6 months last time as they use to allow pre-orders.
    Edit - Annihilation shipped as well now.

Amazon.de - Replacement on the way for Cable / Deadpool. Despite the language barrier the CS seem to be on the ball.

Booksdepository - Waiting for a the Moomins Collection. The paper is thin as i previewed it before but it's a decent collection... hopefully. Now this one is in a race to arrive for xmas.
    Last edited by Joyus; 12-19-2014 at 11:47 PM.

Saw a used copy of the Devil Dinosaur Omnibus at comic shop in Germany today for €12. Didn't have a closer look at it but didn't look too bad (condition 1-2?). They do have an online presence, so if anyone's interested:

http://shop.kauftcomics.de/index.php...b887f13d0ece92

It is not listed on their site, so you'd have to ask.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

So B&N emailed me saying my X-Men Omnibus won't ship as expected but will be delayed 1-5 days AGAIN. Their last 1-5 days turned into a month.

Deeply regretting placing an order with them.

The other that has 'shipped' is meant to be here, they said it'd arrived before Monday. There is no post tomorrow, so it should have arrived today and it hasn't.

Can you get refunds for bad service because this is terrible.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Thats a crazy deal. Im currently binding my Jen Blood issues. Wish it had cost me this little to gather everything
    I'd love to see a pic of the finished product when you get it.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Amazing Member

Planetary has been delayed, ah well.

In defence of B&N - Order placed, scheduled shipping noticed received, updates given. So far so good.
    Once they ship they are at the mercy of whomever they sent the package with, expecting up to 2 months but as posted last year they changed their courrier to worldpost which sped things up a little. Remember it's christmas post so unless you are paying for expidited shipping then just sit back and relax. Royal Mail probably played a game of christmas footy with your order ;p

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

My first 2 books from B&N shipped the 18th, the last one today. And so the praying begins...
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

Maybe because it is Christmas shopping time, but B&N seem to have raised their prices on everything. And quite bit, at that.

I'd love to see a pic of the finished product when you get it.
    http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...ks#.VJXsd4AoLs

First volume is the regular series 1-36.

I plan on doing a second collecting First Blood, Ninjettes, Born Again and the Annual but ill probably hold off a bit longer to see if DE releases anything else as at the moment it would be half the size of the first volume.

Do you think that would be collected in some OHC one day?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Not sure if anyone knows this, but who does B&N use to deliver to the UK?

I asked and they just said "International Air Mail" which isn't a company.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Not sure if anyone knows this, but who does B&N use to deliver to the UK?

I asked and they just said "International Air Mail" which isn't a company.
    Seems like US Mail for me.