Page 46 of 237 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I need some advice. ...
    Just saw JSA by Johns omnibus Book 1 for $40. I enjoyed his work on Flash and JLA. I loved Green Lantern. Not really familiar with JSA. Is it worth it???

BANNED

I drove almost 2 hours to barnes and noble. Tried to take a shortcut through traffic and doubled the trip.

I didnt buy anything. Trades are too expensive even with b2g1. Rather just go to the comic shop in the morning.
    I live right near a shop.

ill stick to getting trades 2nd hand garage sales, yard sales, thrift store, flea market etc.

I come across enough video game hunting but always pass on then.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigganosis View Post
    I need some advice. ...
    Just saw JSA by Johns omnibus Book 1 for $40. I enjoyed his work on Flash and JLA. I loved Green Lantern. Not really familiar with JSA. Is it worth it???
    Yes, that's an awesome price. If you don't like it you'll easilly be able to resell it for more than that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post
    I drove almost 2 hours to barnes and noble. Tried to take a shortcut through traffic and doubled the trip.

I didnt buy anything. Trades are too expensive even with b2g1. Rather just go to the comic shop in the morning.

ill stick to getting trades 2nd hand garage sales, yard sales, thrift store, flea market etc.

Your mistake was going to BN at all. Everything there is cover price. At least online there's some discount that makes the B2G1 worth it.

I need some advice. ...
    YES! BUY IT! I loved his Flash and GL and JSA is just as good. You don't really have to know the characters, that's one of Johns' strength, using the convoluted continuity but writing it an easily understandable way.
    It's nothing groundbreaking or unexpected, it's just a really solid, old fashioned, epic superhero book (a bit like Morrison's JLA)

anyone get the jaw dropping good deal of Sandman Omnibus 2 for 9.50stg on Amazon.co.uk? Think I might have nabbed the last one...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I need some advice. ...
    I think it is. Well, I just bought mine 2 days ago for €40($50) incl shipping so I think it's worth it
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Double post
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Eamo71 View Post
    anyone get the jaw dropping good deal of Sandman Omnibus 2 for 9.50stg on Amazon.co.uk? Think I might have nabbed the last one...
    You're kidding me? I would have all over that...

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    You're kidding me? I would have all over that...
    Nope the book has been marked as in prep for delivery and everything. I wonder if it was a glitch or a very brief legitimate offer?
    And not to rub it in - it's brand new - sealed. Best deal I've ever got TBH.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

A couple of amazon.co.uk marketplace sellers have Daredevil by Waid OHC Vol. 3 at £11.80 (excl. shipping) which is a 61% discount. Not an amazing deal but a pretty good one and the best price I've seen in Europe.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...n=new&sr=&qid=

Great prices for used copies of Tales of the Batman.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-lis...qid=1420037383

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by needler420 View Post

Just an FYI for future purchases. The website and stores are run as separate companies. The prices are different and the store won't price match the website (they'll even get a bit prissy about it just because you asked, based on my own experience).

Even if you choose instore pick-up, you will end up paying the price the store sets, not the online price.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I think it is. Well, I just bought mine 2 days ago for €40($50) incl shipping so I think it's worth it
    Where?!?! I need this!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Where?!?! I need this!
    Sorry man, it was from Marktplaats. The guys had 2 of them and sold his double