Page 60 of 237 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Hello everyone!

Is there a good site for getting reasonably accurate values for comics, old and new-ish? Ideally with TPBs and other collections too?

I'm going to a con in a couple of months with a shopping list, and want to make sure I'm not overpaying too much.
    I usually check eBay and filter it using "sold".

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Hello everyone!

Is there a good site for getting reasonably accurate values for comics, old and new-ish? Ideally with TPBs and other collections too?

I'm going to a con in a couple of months with a shopping list, and want to make sure I'm not overpaying too much.
    Try www.mycomicshop.com. It's a nice user friendly site and is good for checking old single issues. They also have TPBs but as GenericUserName12 mentioned, ebay may be better for those.

Avoid Mile High Comics as their prices are in a world of their own.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    I usually check eBay and filter it using "sold".
    Definitely agree. People can ask any price they want this will show what people are actually paying. Also don't be afraid to haggle at a con.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

For UK people. At the rakuten.co.uk if you spend over 40 pounds you can have 10 pounds off with this code: FEBGIFT10 . Speedyhen is up there but they don't have a very big selection compared to their website, but I ordered the JSA omnibus using the code (39 instead of 49). Hope it goes through.
    Last edited by Balakin; 02-13-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Good prices for first volume of Gotham Central.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Line-Duty-Go...15354&sr=1-292

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    For UK people. At the rakuten.co.uk if you spend over 40 pounds you can have 10 pounds off with this code: FEBGIFT10 . Speedyhen is up there but they don't have a very big selection compared to their website, but I ordered the JSA omnibus using the code (39 instead of 49). Hope it goes through.
    Bah, looks like I missed the boat on this one

Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Bah, looks like I missed the boat on this one

Thanks anyway.
    Have you tried? According to the terms and conditions it should still work:
    The coupon is valid until 11.59pm on 15th February 2015 and only applies to authorised purchases on Rakuten.co.uk. Any coupons not redeemed by this date will be cancelled.

IST is having a sale on all DC & Marvel titles. 45% discount on every book. Banner is clickable.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

I know this is slightly off topic but this IS the good deals thread. In Ohio no best buy received the Martell game of thrones cover and its starting to go insane on eBay. Does anyone possibly know somewhere to get one reasonable? Best buy is selling them for $34.95 but eBay is at cheapest double that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    Best Buy does books now? It's been so long since I've gone in there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    So my "nick and dent" Star Wars books came in from the TFAW sale - I can't find a nick or dent on them! Fantastic stuff. How often do they have books as deeply discounted as they did for Star Wars (75% off)?
    I received my Star Wars hardcovers recently, and I didn't luck out like a few of you on here did......Nick & dent would be accurate to describe the condition of my books. If I received these advertised as conventionally new books from IST or Amazon, I would've returned them. One looks like it went through the ringer. Dented corners, scratched up cover (When you take off the slip), and the front cover has a tear completely across the spine area, as in the spine/binding is fragile (Strong possibility of pages falling off after a first read, and I'm pretty careful with my books).......The other book looks worn, but not horrible, aside from the slip having a major tear at the top.

They were 75% off, so whatever, but I was thinking I was going to have somewhat alright looking books given the books some of you received from this sale.

Also, the package was shipped with no protection, just some grey plastic packaging taped around the books.
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 02-22-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I received my Star Wars hardcovers recently, and I didn't luck out like a few of you on here did......Nick & dent would be accurate to describe the condition of my books. If I received these advertised as conventionally new books from IST or Amazon, I would've returned them. One looks like it went through the ringer. Dented corners, scratched up cover (When you take off the slip), and the front cover has a tear completely across the spine area, as in the spine/binding is fragile (Strong possibility of pages falling off after a first read, and I'm pretty careful with my books).......The other book looks worn, but not horrible, aside from the slip having a major tear at the top.

They were 75% off, so whatever, but I was thinking I was going to have somewhat alright looking books given the books some of you received from this sale.

Also, the package was shipped with no protection, just some grey plastic packaging taped around the books.
    wow. that sounds like seriously damaged rather than n&d. :/
    One of my friends got his n&d book in similar packaging but that was just a lone 200pg ohc, still, I don't think it costs so much more to put the books in a cardboard envelope (or just attach a piece of cardboard to it).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    IST is having a sale on all DC & Marvel titles. 45% discount on every book. Banner is clickable.

It should be noted that Cheap Graphic Novels has a 45% discount on all Marvel/DC books all the time. Of course you get free shipping at IST (on orders over $50) CGN charges $7 per shipment. Both pack/ship their orders very well and the books always arrive in brand new/mint cond. I usually order from CGN, from my experience they actually have most items in stock. On several occasions IST has had to cancel items because they were not in stock and were unavailable from their distributor. They refunded the payment (which takes 3 days for my bank to process.) If they name of your company is In Stock Trades shouldn't having the items you have listed for sale (and are accepting payment for) being in stock be your top priority?

Yes. On the other hand, if you also have Cheap Graphic Novels as your business name, you shouldnt price/ re price oop or going oop books that you have in stock on 2ndary market prices cause then they are no longer cheap graphic novels.

Both CGN and IST have great great customer service though. I dont buy through eBay or amazon, and from now on never from B&N.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    It should be noted that Cheap Graphic Novels has a 45% discount on all Marvel/DC books all the time. Of course you get free shipping at IST (on orders over $50) CGN charges $7 per shipment. Both pack/ship their orders very well and the books always arrive in brand new/mint cond. I usually order from CGN, from my experience they actually have most items in stock. On several occasions IST has had to cancel items because they were not in stock and were unavailable from their distributor. They refunded the payment (which takes 3 days for my bank to process.) If they name of your company is In Stock Trades shouldn't having the items you have listed for sale (and are accepting payment for) being in stock be your top priority?
    You're being unrealistic.

Think of how many thousands of graphic novels are available at any given time. Think about warehouse space and the limits of physical space. It's completely unrealistic to think IST should actually have every single book in stock. They obviously have a ton of books in stock. But if something recent has sold out quick or it's an older obscure book, then it's not unreasonable to think they might have to go place an order with Diamond when someone places an order. Especially with an older book. It wouldn't make any sense for them to order more stock of older stuff since they might never get a sale from it. But if someone wants it, they can potentially have Diamond throw it in their next order and get it to you with a slight delay, which is better than not offering it at all. Only sometimes Diamond runs out of stock and IST doesn't immediately know that.

IST is a small business all things considered. They have the best prices on the internet most of the time. Their handling time is usually pretty reasonable. The shipping speed is out of their hands but it's rarely taken more than a week for me to place an order and receive it in California when it's shipped via Media Mail.

CGN is an actual comic book store with two physical locations, so they have a better idea of their inventory assuming they've got it all synced up. CGN also has horrifically slow shipping speeds over the holidays and during any significant sales, and their shipping policies are kind of a joke with $7 flat rate plus you have to buy EXTRA shipping unless you want to wait for an item to come into stock. Point being, it's a slightly different business model which has it's own downsides. Plus they price gouge on rare/OOP books which IST does not do at all, as Penoy pointed out.

If people want things guaranteed to be sitting in a warehouse and shipped to them the next day, feel free to order from Amazon with a paltry 20% discount maybe and then pay extra for next day shipping from one of the world's largest retailers.

And I don't see the relevance of how long it takes your bank to process a refund. 3 days is pretty standard from other internet retailers I've received refunds from. If three days is too long for you, tell your bank to pick up the pace. IST (or any other retailer) doesn't control your bank.