Page 104 of 237 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3549
    All-New Member

10% off Rakuten using code: JUNE10 - only valid today and tomorrow

Used it myself to get the last copy of Annihilation: Conquest from wordery. (sorry!)
    Usually wait and get all my omnis from speedyhen but with all this OOP talk I decided I'll pay a bit more to order one now.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSmith24 View Post

Used it myself to get the last copy of Annihilation: Conquest from wordery. (sorry!)
    Usually wait and get all my omnis from speedyhen but with all this OOP talk I decided I'll pay a bit more to order one now.
    They will probably cancel your order. I ordered mine from with them via Rakuten, and they cancelled it.

Not related to Annihilation but Wordery has the Metabarons on rakuten (10 copies) for 24.46 -10% with the code.
    Jump on it guys!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Well this is a steal at this price!!!!!!!! Can't believe it and almost too good to be true. Jack Kirby Kamandi Artist Edition for $56! Wow! Here's the link:

https://www.dcbservice.com/product/f...(net)-(c-0-0-1)
    Just received an email from DCBS saying it was "erroneously reactivated on the site at the incorrect price. The correct price is $97.50." They changed my order to the "correct" price. I'll be canceling my order. It was too good to be true.

Incredible Member

The problem I have with Rakutens sales is the prices are usually more than 10% higher than the sellers own storefront anyway, and their loyalty point scheme dosn't pay out enough to offset the difference either.

I pulled up some random books as a comparison between what speedyhen are offering on rakuten right now and on their own website

Code:
                                      Rakuten          Speedyhen direct          Difference
    Oz Omnibus                          £63.47             £50.33                     +26%
    Stern Spiderman                     £63.47             £50.98                     +24%
    Brightest day Omnibus               £38.70             £29.85                     +29%
    Fables Deluxe 7                     £15.07             £13.68                     +10%
    *crosses fingers that formatting holds up*

Not a single book is actually cheaper after the sale coupon is applied than if you'd purchased direct through speedyhen. Its a similar story for the books wordery offers.

I don't know if they just bump the prices up during these sales or they are always more expensive than their own online stores but people should be careful and make sure these "Sales" don't actually wind up being more expensive than a regular purchase through other channels.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    The problem I have with Rakutens sales is the prices are usually more than 10% higher than the sellers own storefront anyway, and their loyalty point scheme dosn't pay out enough to offset the difference either.

I pulled up some random books as a comparison between what speedyhen are offering on rakuten right now and on their own website

Code:
                                      Rakuten          Speedyhen direct          Difference
    Oz Omnibus                          £63.47             £50.33                     +26%
    Stern Spiderman                     £63.47             £50.98                     +24%
    Brightest day Omnibus               £38.70             £29.85                     +29%
    Fables Deluxe 7                     £15.07             £13.68                     +10%
    *crosses fingers that formatting holds up*

Not a single book is actually cheaper after the sale coupon is applied than if you'd purchased direct through speedyhen. Its a similar story for the books wordery offers.

I don't know if they just bump the prices up during these sales or they are always more expensive than their own online stores but people should be careful and make sure these "Sales" don't actually wind up being more expensive than a regular purchase through other channels.
    Wordery seems to keep their prices similar to their website up until around £15. Speedyhen just started to raise their prices recently. Got Naja for just a few pennies more than on their website but the price hiked like 2-3 pounds since I bought it.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Everything is more expensive on Rakuten. Im guessing that retailers either dont get much back from the site for selling there, are losing money due to the coupons they issues pretty much every week or it simply costs a lot to host sell with them.

Either way, I've pretty much stopped using Rakuten now; buying direct or via Amazon/eBay seems the best way to get things at the moment.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Everything is more expensive on Rakuten. Im guessing that retailers either dont get much back from the site for selling there, are losing money due to the coupons they issues pretty much every week or it simply costs a lot to host sell with them.

Either way, I've pretty much stopped using Rakuten now; buying direct or via Amazon/eBay seems the best way to get things at the moment.
    I bought a buncha £12-£15 books with £5 off coupons and got almost £10 back in superpoints. Definitely didn't spend more than I would have spent on the sellers website and even got money back, so worth checking the deals IMHO.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

CGN's Independence Day sale (sorry Brits) just launched, at least in part. Looks like they're breaking it up into 3 parts, by alphabet. Nothing too stunning on sale now. No Absolutes or omnis, but there are a few deluxes.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I bought a buncha £12-£15 books with £5 off coupons and got almost £10 back in superpoints. Definitely didn't spend more than I would have spent on the sellers website and even got money back, so worth checking the deals IMHO.
    Ah yes, if you are getting trades and things like that, then it's worth it. Equally, if you can get a 10% off and a 25x super points deal at the same time, then the offset would likely make up to a good deal.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    They will probably cancel your order. I ordered mine from with them via Rakuten, and they cancelled it.
    Yep you are correct - they apparently run out of stock before they could fulfil my order. And there it is, back on Rakuten, showing as in stock again. Annoying.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Yep you are correct - they apparently run out of stock before they could fulfil my order. And there it is, back on Rakuten, showing as in stock again. Annoying.
    Amazon has it in stock, or so 2 representatives have said.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    CGN's Independence Day sale (sorry Brits) just launched, at least in part. Looks like they're breaking it up into 3 parts, by alphabet. Nothing too stunning on sale now. No Absolutes or omnis, but there are a few deluxes.
    Their sale is pretty lame so far. I hope the second and third parts have some good stuff.

Yeah, the higher prices are to cover the fees Rakuten charge.

Amazing Member

One way to get more savings from Rakuten is to use a cash back site such as topcashback. Today there seems to be about 7% cash back on offer..added to that the 10% off and rakutens points can sometimes work out a good deal.

On another note if you are buying from Amazon try out flubit.. doesn't work always a cheaper price than Speedyhen or wordery but sometimes I did get a good deal..